All How to increase Hunting/Selling efficiency

Discussion in 'Red Dead Redemption 2' started by MadeGuy, Dec 5, 2018 at 9:19 AM with 20 replies and 1,221 views.

1. MadeGuy

MadeGuy Enthusiast

Ratings:
    A friend and I have been doing this for days so I figured Id share in case no one else has tried it. First, find a cart or wagon that can be pulled and make sure it has an closed back. Next, find a farm or somewhere where there are some nice sheep , goats or anything else around worth skinning and selling. Back your cart up to a hill or cliff where you can walk into the back of the cart. Finally, skin and kill everything around and load up your horses and pile everything in the back of the cart. Leave for a town and have your horses follow. I must say, it's not intended and can get glitchy, but we had several pelts a piece on our horses and 6 or more sheep and goat skins and carcasses in the cart to take into town to sell. Personally, i hope they somehow implement this as a legitimate way to carry more to the butcher to sell. I hope this helps.

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2018 at 8:36 PM
  2. Legend

Legend I'm Legen.... Wait for it... DARY ツ Premium

Ratings:
    I didn't even know you could put animals in the back of a wagon. That really helps when hunting. From the leaks before there was suppose to be Wagons and stuff you could buy, so I have a feeling they will be coming. Will make hunting a lot more efficient.

3. llcubell

llcubell Enthusiast

Ratings:
    The only problem I could see with doing it this way is having the bodies vanish if someone isn't keeping an eye on them. I've had animals disappear in front of me before, so maybe that wouldn't even help?

4. Rukhmar

Rukhmar Government!!!! Premium

Ratings:
    I've thought about this but never tried it,Im going to give it a try tonight thanks!

5. Spalchk9

Spalchk9 Enthusiast

Ratings:
  6. Spalchk9

Spalchk9 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Just wait till this starts circulating and then there is just going to be wagons everywhere in every hunting spots and shoot outs lmao... they need to fix the economy already because these exploits are soooo watered down instantly due to the fact you have to lobby change constantly to have 10 mins of peace and quiet.... imagine all these exploits in a friends only session

• Like Like x 3
  7. OP
    MadeGuy

MadeGuy Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Like I said, it can be glitchy. We've had exploding wagons and floating bodies but it works ok. Last night we had a huge haul and I was riding beside my brother with a rifle drawn like I was guarding the wagon from being robbed, lol. Got into Valentine and some a******s started shooting, scared the horses who took off with the wagon and all our **** flew out and vanished.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. EyeDuDab

EyeDuDab ...But Those Are All Piping Dreams!

Ratings:
    I'll stick to running on foot with it accompanied with my horse

9. Spalchk9

Spalchk9 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Good to know lol, question regarding the glitchy parts you speak of- will the skins or carcasses fall out or something like even if they are floating? Idc about glitchy as long as you can legit transport a bunch of carcasses and skins lol this can be very lucrative in proper spots

• Like Like x 1
  10. OP
    MadeGuy

MadeGuy Enthusiast

Ratings:
    When I say glitchy, i mean sometimes you'll see the items jiggling around because of clipping issues and if you put them too far to the rear, they can possibly slide through the back. Having eyes on can help things not vanish and be sure to stick to roads when transporting to avoid things flying out.

• Like Like x 1
  11. EyeDuDab

Ratings:
    Loading up on fish, bison or sheep can really be helpful

• Like Like x 1
  12. LashleyAFC

LashleyAFC Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Why? Just lasso the carcass and drag it to the butcher whilst you're on the horse

13. EyeDuDab

Ratings:
    I run with 1 and stow 1, so I sell 2x per run

14. Spalchk9

Spalchk9 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    So does it have to be a open back wagon or does that just make getting in it easier? I grabbed a nice deep open top wagon, but it has the back door... the spot I was using was easy enough I could still walk right in.. soon as I would drive even very slow, back door springs open and literally ejects the animal ..

15. OP
    MadeGuy

MadeGuy Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Closed back. I guess I meant with no canopy as it doesn't really work.

16. Spalchk9

Spalchk9 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Ok. Maybe the wagon was damaged or something was weird, I put 2 carcass in and went to move and I’m talking like walking slow.. they flew out. But the door opened by itself before the animals even moved it was just Strange lol. Will give it another shot

17. Hardwater

Hardwater Newbie

Ratings:
    Ive been doing this all week too! Even made a little video last night, it’s a great method to making money.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Spalchk9

Spalchk9 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    How much do you get for a good pig carcass ? Or even poor just out of curiosity? And I take it your just riding back and fourth from that farm?

19. LashleyAFC

LashleyAFC Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Right? You can still sell 2 doing what I just told you and its quicker

20. Hardwater

Hardwater Newbie

Ratings:
    Yeah back and forth, 6.45 for perfect pig, 5 something for good. I’ve had 8 sheep in the wagon at once and just rotate between the pigs and the sheep depending on what’s spawning.
    I also stick one on my horse which follows behind.