• Thread starter ZombieHunter123
  • Start date
  • Views 2,897
ZombieHunter123

ZombieHunter123

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Ok before I start i'm not 100% sure if this has been posted yet or not, I used the search bar and didn't see it so i'm pretty sure it hasn't been posted.
Now that that's out of the way lets start.

Steps:
#1: Open up the folder containing the Minecraft.exe file.(located in .minecraft bin)
____________________________________________________________________________________
#2: Right click and make a new text document or .txt file.
____________________________________________________________________________________
#3: Now open the text file you just created and copy and paste this to it:
@ECHO OFF
"Your java path here\javaw.exe" java -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar "Your minecraft path here\minecraft.exe"
#4: Where you see the -Xmx1024M and -Xms1024M you can change it to as much RAM as you want.(If you don't know your RAM go to-Start>search dxdiag and look at memory and it will say how much RAM you have. Minecrafts Default RAM is about 490.Don't type it as GB or it wont work!

RAM Key-
1GB- 1024
2GB- 2048
3GB- 3072
4GB- 4096
5GB- 5120
6GB- 6144
7GB- 7168
8GB- 8192
#5: Then go to file; Save As, and make sure to save it as a .bat file. For example, I named mine memory.bat.
#6: Run Minecraft and check your fps and if you did it right your fps should be increased pretty good.

Ned

Ned

AzzidReign
VIP
Retired
Mythical Veteran Beginning of An Odyssey Scaling the Mountain
Reaction score
Sin$
I also do not see this being very smart? :blink:

x II REALS II x

x II REALS II x

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
This is only advisable if you have high ram, Like me i have 16gb DDR3 ram and have minecraft set to use 4gb. Its worth it in the long run.

Nou

Nou

Sarcastic Scotsman #2
Fabled Veteran Bright Idea Frame In Gold
Reaction score
Sin$
Lol I set it to my java path and it can't find it. :fp

Dinkleberg

Dinkleberg

Voted favorite member 6/19/12
Reaction score
Sin$
Can someone help me out on this? All my stuff for Java is defualt, so what should I set as my paths?

J

jeccdc

Reaction score
Sin$
I only have 4 gb of ram, but the highest fps I will get it around 15... Is this worth trying for me

guppy

guppy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Just use the stickied tut, my brother can play practically lag free on his netbook :biggrin:

Xeon7s

Xeon7s

Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks alot man.

found this realy useful / helpful.

Keep up the great tuts.

Top Bottom
Login
Register