VIP
Retired
Mythical Veteran Scaling the Mountain Platinum Record
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
ATTENTION!:
Use the values for PC on X1 and PS4 or you will have no ammo.​

Yes I know there are probably other threads out there that cover this but, each one seems to have some information that is missing or doesn't cover some of the differences between Console and PC.

BlackMarketUpgrades
yqtmGZJ.jpg

Go to your Raw tab and scroll down to BlackMarketUpgrades.

This is your first step in modifying your ammo capacity. This corresponds to how many upgrades you have purchased from Crazy Earl. The bottom two are Backpack and Bank upgrades and before you ask, no you can't increase these beyond the max. There is a sanity check in game that prevents these from being modified.

The first seven numbers however, can be increased beyond their normal capacity. They correspond as follows from the top down:​
1 - Assault Rifle
2 - Pistol
3 - Rockets
4 - Shotgun
5 - SMG
6 - Sniper
7 - Grenades
1 - Assault Rifle
2 - Pistol
3 - Rockets
4 - Shotgun
5 - SMG
6 - Sniper
7 - Grenades
8 - Backpack
9 - Bank
10 - Laser

Every time you adjust these numbers it's like purchasing another upgrade. The amount of ammo per upgrade will always be the same. These are the amounts per upgrade for each ammo type:
Assault Rifle - 140
Pistol - 100
Rockets - 3
Shotgun - 20
SMG - 180
Sniper - 12
Grenade - 3
(Note: If you are doing this on a new character, do not increase all of these (including Backpack and Bank) past maximum unless you are past the first mission in Sanctuary. You have to purchase at least one item from Crazy Earl to progress past the mission "Plan B".)

ResourceData
ccz6vMz.jpg

Sroll down to Resource Data to edit the amount of ammo you currently have.

The second part of this process is adjusting the current amount of ammo that you have. If you don't do this, you'll load into your game and just have to purchase ammo to get up to your new maximum. You can do the math to find out what numbers will max out your ammo depending how many upgrades you gave yourself or just put in a large amount and the game will auto-correct it to the max.

If you are doing this for a brand new character, you may not have all the Resource Data values for all ammo types. You can add the ones that do not currently appear by clicking the Add button and copying and pasting in the Pool and Resource values as follows and set your UpgradeLevel to 6:
Assault Rifle
Pool: D_Resourcepools.AmmoPools.Ammo_Combat_Rifle_Pool
Resource: D_Resources.AmmoResources.Ammo_Combat_Rifle
Pistol
Pool: D_Resourcepools.AmmoPools.Ammo_Repeater_Pistol_Pool
Resource: D_Resources.AmmoResources.Ammo_Repeater_Pistol
Rockets
Pool: D_Resourcepools.AmmoPools.Ammo_Rocket_Launcher_Pool
Resource: D_Resources.AmmoResources.Ammo_Rocket_Launcher
Shotgun
Pool: D_Resourcepools.AmmoPools.Ammo_Combat_Shotgun_Pool
Resource: D_Resources.AmmoResources.Ammo_Combat_Shotgun
SMG
Pool: D_Resourcepools.AmmoPools.Ammo_Patrol_SMG_Pool
Resource: D_Resources.AmmoResources.Ammo_Patrol_SMG
Sniper
Pool: D_Resourcepools.AmmoPools.Ammo_Sniper_Rifle_Pool
Resource: D_Resources.AmmoResources.Ammo_Sniper_Rifle
Grenades
Pool: D_Resourcepools.AmmoPools.Ammo_Grenade_Protean_Pool
Resource: D_Resources.AmmoResources.Ammo_Grenade_Protean
Laser
Pool: D_Resourcepools.AmmoPools.Ammo_Combat_Laser_Pool
Resource: D_Resources.AmmoResources.Ammo_Combat_Laser
*Borderland The Pre-Sequel only*
Unlimited Ammo
On Xbox and PS3 you can mod your values in both of these sections to have unlimited ammo. For the first section in BlackMarketUpgrades copy and paste the following into the box:

*Note: The zero's are Backpack and Bank so just use whatever values you normally have.
Once you have done that, scroll down to ResourceData and copy the following into your Amount field:
This number will change to 2.147484E+09 after you select something else and that is normal.

If you use this information on PC, Xbox One or PS4, it will cause your ammo amounts to drop to 0 and you will not be able to use any weapons. The following are the values I use which still gives you plenty of ammo:

*Note: The zero's are Backpack and Bank so just use whatever values you normally have.

ResourceData amounts: 9999999 (Grenades: 999999)​

Last edited:
nerdsplease

nerdsplease

Reaction score
Sin$
This is great! Thank you so much for the tutorial, DOMIN8! *goes to increase ammo capacity*

Stupid sanity check on backpack/bank space... that really grinds my gearbox! :tongue:

cashjr

cashjr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
is there anyway to increase the ammo capacity past the max legit values without "unlimited ammo"...let's say 2 or 3 times the legit values?...thanks in advance.

DOMIN8

DOMIN8

Content Green and Yellow
Content Team
VIP
Retired
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
is there anyway to increase the ammo capacity past the max legit values without "unlimited ammo"...let's say 2 or 3 times the legit values?...thanks in advance.
Every time you adjust these numbers it's like purchasing another upgrade. The amount of ammo per upgrade will always be the same. These are the amounts per upgrade for each ammo type:​

Assault Rifle - 140​
Pistol - 100​
Rockets - 3​
Shotgun - 20​
SMG - 180​
Sniper - 12​
Grenade - 3​
Just use this info and multiply by the number of upgrades to get the amount you want.

spizz1107

spizz1107

Reaction score
Sin$
Hey thanks for your helpful posts! Just a quick question… In the resource data you DONT have to change anything in each sections upgrade level correct?

DOMIN8

DOMIN8

Content Green and Yellow
Content Team
VIP
Retired
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey thanks for your helpful posts! Just a quick question… In the resource data you DONT have to change anything in each sections upgrade level correct?
I don't believe you have to but, I change mine to 6 anyway.

spizz1107

spizz1107

Reaction score
Sin$
Mine are 6 right now. I only started trying the mods out after I legit beat everything countless times leveling myself slllooowwwwwllllyyy and wanted to see new things lol...

B

Blownload

Reaction score
Sin$
Does this still work? I have been trying it. The seventh line for grenades doesnt save when I use the provided # 2147483644

Also when I go to resourcedata to change the amounts there, they also dont save, but rather default to the max they can go to.

Using an xbox 360.

DOMIN8

DOMIN8

Content Green and Yellow
Content Team
VIP
Retired
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Does this still work? I have been trying it. The seventh line for grenades doesnt save when I use the provided # 2147483644

Also when I go to resourcedata to change the amounts there, they also dont save, but rather default to the max they can go to.

Using an xbox 360.
Yes this still works.

deathlord1701

deathlord1701

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

Using an xbox 360.
on some of my newer saves , this did not work . but , i just set it to 10000000 and that stuck . it is not like you will use that much ammo if you played a month straight.

Ifulna

Ifulna

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Heads up, for some reason with new saves you cannot copy and paste those numbers into either the black market section or the ammo capacity section in the resource data (this totally threw me off at first cuz I used to this all the time, I actually had to do a thread search to see if I remembered how to do it wrong, but I didn't.) Copying and pasting however causes the black market section to either go blank or only retain the last number (2147 blah blah) The same thing happens on the resource data page when you paste in the 2147 number, when you click out of the box it returns to the default max ammo before you changed the black market upgrade.

Solution: Just for the heck of it I tried typing in those numbers (in the black market and in the resource data) instead of copying and pasting.... and voila it stuck. *shrugs* Idk what the heck the difference is, but type it in and your still golden.

(TESTED WORKING ON PS3)

DOMIN8

DOMIN8

Content Green and Yellow
Content Team
VIP
Retired
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Heads up, for some reason with new saves you cannot copy and paste those numbers into either the black market section or the ammo capacity section in the resource data (this totally threw me off at first cuz I used to this all the time, I actually had to do a thread search to see if I remembered how to do it wrong, but I didn't.) Copying and pasting however causes the black market section to either go blank or only retain the last number (2147 blah blah) The same thing happens on the resource data page when you paste in the 2147 number, when you click out of the box it returns to the default max ammo before you changed the black market upgrade.

Solution: Just for the heck of it I tried typing in those numbers (in the black market and in the resource data) instead of copying and pasting.... and voila it stuck. *shrugs* Idk what the heck the difference is, but type it in and your still golden.

(TESTED WORKING ON PS3)
I copy and paste every single time and never had an issue... :confused:

Ifulna

Ifulna

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I copy and paste every single time and never had an issue... :confused:
previously (ie before today lol) I never had an issue either, granted I haven't tried to do it a couple months. But today I started a new character and just wanted to quickly mod infinite ammo into the character and was confused to see that the values wouldn't stick when I tried to copy and paste them. They vanished or changed. So I did a thread search found this to make sure my numbers were correct and they were, but they still wouldn't stick till I tried typing them just a few minutes ago.

I wonder if it's because I'm using a slightly out of date version of gibb? (r224)

DOMIN8

DOMIN8

Content Green and Yellow
Content Team
VIP
Retired
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
previously (ie before today lol) I never had an issue either, granted I haven't tried to do it a couple months. But today I started a new character and just wanted to quickly mod infinite ammo into the character and was confused to see that the values wouldn't stick when I tried to copy and paste them. They vanished or changed. So I did a thread search found this to make sure my numbers were correct and they were, but they still wouldn't stick till I tried typing them just a few minutes ago.

I wonder if it's because I'm using a slightly out of date version of gibb? (r224)
I don't know if that's why but, I'd recommend using the newest version anyway. I've heard other people have issues with copying and pasting stuff before but, was never able to nail down a reason. You're not on Win8 are you? Heard about weird issues with that..

Ifulna

Ifulna

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I don't know if that's why but, I'd recommend using the newest version anyway. I've heard other people have issues with copying and pasting stuff before but, was never able to nail down a reason. You're not on Win8 are you? Heard about weird issues with that..
Nope I'm on windows 7, never had a problem till today. I would have upgraded to the latest version if I had planned on doing anything other than the ammo upgrade, figured that couldn't have changed all that much. For a second though I thought there was a sanity check on ammo now too haha

DOMIN8

DOMIN8

Content Green and Yellow
Content Team
VIP
Retired
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Nope I'm on windows 7, never had a problem till today. I would have upgraded to the latest version if I had planned on doing anything other than the ammo upgrade, figured that couldn't have changed all that much. For a second though I thought there was a sanity check on ammo now too haha
Hrm... Strange... I edit saves for people almost daily and never have the issue...

D

Darth_Geek

Reaction score
Sin$
With trial and error I've arrived to this values for PC:
999999 - A.Rifle
9999999 - Pistol
99999999 -R.Launcher
9999999 - Shotgun
999999 - SMG
9999999 - Sniper
99999999 - Grenades

ResourceData amounts: 99999999

With (almost*) all weapons I get infinite ammo, i.e if I consume x bullets, the ammo I have outside my mag increases by x.
When I throw a grenade, the total doesn't change.

*Although this works with all my pistols, when I shoot my Double Penetrating Unkempt Harold both the mag ammo and the one outside the mad decreases. I don't know why it happens. Regardless, its still quite a lot of ammo.
I don't know if this is unique to the Unkempt Harold or if it happens with any other weapons.

jangolothbrok

jangolothbrok

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey DOMIN8 DOMIN8 It's me again! I did the infinite ammo thing on the raw tab on giffed save editor, however when I go back to the original game, I have infinite ammo for everything however! I have 0/0 Launcher ammo. What am i doing wrong?

DOMIN8

DOMIN8

Content Green and Yellow
Content Team
VIP
Retired
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey DOMIN8 DOMIN8 It's me again! I did the infinite ammo thing on the raw tab on giffed save editor, however when I go back to the original game, I have infinite ammo for everything however! I have 0/0 Launcher ammo. What am i doing wrong?
Hey, I moved your post here. Did you go by this tutorial?

The third row down should be Rockets but, you use the same value on them all.

Top Bottom
Login
Register