What's new

Discussion How to improve connection quality?

• Thread starter criminal conrad
  • Start date
  • Views 793
C

criminal conrad

Reaction score
Sin$
What can i do to improove my connection?

when i was playing i was hosting a few games and everyone but me would go down to like 3 bars connection then back up and my friend said it would lagg ocassionally.

It was about 6pm so was probally busiest time of the day but i ran a speedtest shortly after and it came out like this:

ping test:

normally id get about 19mp/s so it was down abit, but surely people shouldnt be lagging.

is my upload speed too low?

i know i can have no other computers connected and that but is there anything else i can do?

shall i open more ports on my router? would this help?

D

Deleted Imagee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
when you are about to join a game
click alt-f4 on your computer works everytime
or you can use the search button

I

insulting

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
when you are about to join a game
click alt-f4 on your computer works everytime
or you can use the search button
I haven't seen a lot of your posts but I'm gonna guess that most of them are some smart *** comment like that. Stop spamming the board and try to be helpful.

Conrad: You can try seeing if it's the fault of your ISP or maybe your router.

run632

run187-

Seasoned Member
Forum Addict Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
change mtu to 1478 in router make sure upnp is on and that you are on a open connection
the packet loss looks like incorrect mtu to me myself i would change isp if it is virgin that your with they throttle connections whenever the hell the feel like it the same as aol (who are the worst isp ever)
myself im on opal telecom at min and haven't had single problem apart from the crap speed due to being in bad area

23 gbp a month for upto 24 meg broadband with phone line rental included i can download however much crap i want as well
and not be throttled just wish i had better phone line to support the 24 meg instead of a huge 3 (max speed in my area :frown: )

and dont have any downloads going well playing games that will obv lag the crap out of game it could also be a crap router
like a speedtouch or bad cabling or bad filter or crap phone line running the bt self test number which i cant rember at min may help

http://www.adslnation.com/phpapps/catalog/index.php

i got my filters and cabling from above they improved my speed no end ..

I haven't seen a lot of your posts but I'm gonna guess that most of them are some smart *** comment like that. Stop spamming the board and try to be helpful.

Conrad: You can try seeing if it's the fault of your ISP or maybe your router.
well this is the same guy who puts cute as a response and it was joke *** i guess he needs the post count that bad eh..

JustTry2StopMe

JustTry2StopMe

#MaddenKiller
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Connect with Ethernet cord it would be much better!

run632

run187-

Seasoned Member
Forum Addict Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
What can i do to improove my connection?

normally id get about 19mp/s so it was down abit, but surely people shouldnt be lagging.

is my upload speed too low?

i know i can have no other computers connected and that but is there anything else i can do?

shall i open more ports on my router? would this help?no that would slow your connection just open the wants your meant to google or port forward.com will tell you which ones you need opening ..

Top Bottom
Login
Register