Tutorial How to Hotswap

Discussion in 'Xbox Tutorials' started by digitalhigh, Mar 3, 2006 with 91 replies and 37,461 views.

1. ll V1oLeNT ll

ll V1oLeNT ll Enthusiast

Ratings:
    try booting ur xbox with no disk and an error number will appear in the top left corner

2. Hellfire

Hellfire Newbie

Ratings:
    will this work for error 16?

3. OP
    digitalhigh

digitalhigh VIP VIP Retired

Ratings:
  4. J.J

J.J Newbie

Ratings:
    read the fricken tutorial, i believe thats is what its here for.:tongue:

5. luispie

luispie Newbie

Ratings:
    Thank you violent
    I started it with the HD disconnected, Now i gives error 09.
    Now what?

But when i do not take out the hd i dont get any kind of error the splash screen comes up and then after that the screen go's completly black.
    will hot swap fix this?

6. oddformula

oddformula Enthusiast

Ratings:
    ok my xbox gives me error 6 and 7 will this tut help me fix it?????

7. OP
    digitalhigh

digitalhigh VIP VIP Retired

Ratings:
    6 - kernel - Cannot unlock HDD

7 - kernel - HDD timeout

Yes, this should help. It sounds like you maybe unlocked your HD with your dash and don't have a modchip?

8. pimpsmack3d

pimpsmack3d Newbie

Ratings:
    hey im trying to do this but when i go into xplorer360>driver>open>harddrive or memcard it gives me a error saying "Could not find a FATX drive to open!" and if i go into Device Manager and i scan for hardware changes it still cant find it so what could be wrong?

9. Robbythedude

Robbythedude Newbie

Ratings:
    Yo pimpsmack i got the same problem and i got no clue how to fix it either! Any one out there that can help!?!

10. demonikz19

demonikz19 Newbie

Ratings:
    dude ****ing sick...i helped my friend fix his xbx with this..he gave me $50 ........it was so awesome cuz yea he tried softmodding and he didnt bakup his m$ dahs so yea he ****ed that up so i brought my xbx over to his house and i just hotswapped my backup m$ dash becuz i didnt f*** up and i dont plan to be harmodding my box anytime soon so he jus gave me $50 ....so yea thats kul....thanx for the great tut

11. ThePope43

ThePope43 Retired Retired

Ratings:
    bringing up an old topic here....every time i put the hdd in my comptuer(Slave spot for hdd) My computer slows WAY down..almost freezes....???

12. ThePope43

ThePope43 Retired Retired

Ratings:
    f***...lol I really need to get this done, someone needs to help me out here...

13. Hypnotik

Hypnotik Newbie

Ratings:
    How do I connect the PC to the xbox HDD, is there a special cable that I need, and where will it go?

Well whenever I go to put the PC's data cable into the xbox's HDD, My computer shuts down and It wont boot back up unless it is connected into the HDD again. Anyone know what Im doing wrong.

14. h2haxor

h2haxor Enthusiast

Ratings:
    you have to put it on slave.

15. MrGravity

MrGravity Newbie

Ratings:
    I cant get it to work

i cant get my pc to recognize the Xbox HD.
    I follow the instruction TO A "T" , and still nothing.
    i cant find anyone to help me.

feel my pain.

16. Wisdom

Wisdom Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I wish i would of known about this before i threw my xbox away..:erm:

17. Alex Theft

Alex Theft Newbie

Ratings:
    What does error 16 mean? And is it fixable?
    I can still play games.

18. Dominator54

Dominator54 Newbie

Ratings:
    Srry about this, I am new to halo modding and I would like to know what you need to do in order to play halo 2 with softmods that give you super speed and that type of thing. What do I have to do after I finish the softmodding tutorial? Also, what is ftping and do you need to do it? What does it do? I also use a wireless g adapter if that makes any difference. In the softmodding tutiorial, you said that you needed only one of the three games mentioned. Will I be able to use halo 2 cheats by only using one of the three games that you mentioned? Thank you for all of your time and effort. I really appreciate having someone fill me in because nobody else will. Please answer my message in a private message.

Sincerely,
    Dominator54

19. Siege Soldier

Siege Soldier Enthusiast

Ratings:
    i'll help you if you stop posting that exact same paragraph at the bottom of every post here

20. luispie

luispie Newbie

Ratings:
    Can some one please answere my question i put that when i boot up my xbox the xbox splash screen comes up which is the first thing that you should see when you turn on your xbox its the big green X and it says xbox right bellow then right after that the screen goes black there is no dash board and there is no error code that comes up nothing happens when i put a disk in it stays the same. WHAT THE HELL DO I DO to fix this!!!