What's new

Working How to host HC CTF ~ New Method 13/02/2016

iFawx

iFawx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So apparently 3ARC has patched the old method on xbox one. For a few hours now, some fellow S7 members and I have been trying to crack this and find a new method. We managed to work out something that works 50% of the time.

Requirements:

- UPD Unicorn, Download HERE
- Patience
- People you know that will be on for awhile

Steps with ** before are important steps

**Before getting started, it is recommended that you all start a random private match so you can see each other in recent players. Joining off of recent players will cause you to go on a separate party and not merge with others.**
1) Download UDP Unicorn
2) Go into your Xbox network, Advanced tab and look at your console IP
3) Enter your Xbox IP in the "target" section on UDP
4) Change port to "Xbox Live"
5) Packet size.. Now this depends on how much your internet can handle. For a start I recommend using 5.0KB with a 2ms delay. Now if this instantly boots you offline, lower the packet, If you can still connect to games when searching, add to the KB. The idea is to not get booted offline, just have enough lag to stay in a party and get put in a solo lobby.
6) Get 5 players you trust. This is important as what we found out is the lobby will lock mid game, therefore odds of rejoining if kicked are rare. If someone gets kicked, by the time the game ends and you return to the lobby, there will already be a random in the game. We have no tested turning the lag back on prior to the game ending as we didn't think of this possibility.
7) Have 2 people join your primary lobby (With clones)
**8) Hover over HC CTF, and make sure you are ready to hit "attack" on UDP. As soon as you search, hit attack right away. This will cause you to connect to the server search but then lag you out to your own lobby.
**9) On the left hand side of your screen, you will notice "Searching for games", etc. You will have to pay attention at this point. When it gives you the number 50, and proceeds with a 0, tell the two players in your lobby to back out. SIDE NOTE: Every time done correctly for us, I would get 50 then 1 after both left.
**10)
After both players left, UPDATED STEP: WAIT UNTIL YOU JOIN A LOBBY BY YOURSELF BEFORE YOUR ORIGINAL 2 JOIN BACK.
**11) When that person is in the lobby, someone else will join off of him from recent players, then after him, and so on.
**12) Pay attention to the sidebar on the right at this point. You will have to make sure that you stay 2 players max in a party. If you have the first 3 players in the same party, others will not be able to join. At this point, just tell those in the game to back out and others to join until someone is not in your party. UPDATED STEP: ONLY 4 PLAYERS CAN BE IN THE LOBBY FOR THE GAME TO START. AFTER THE GAME STARTED, THE 2 PLAYERS NOT IN THE GAME WILL HAVE TO JOIN OFF RECENT PLAYERS ONCE THE GAME STARTED.
**13) DO NOT VOTE! Don't vote at any point, at all. Not a single vote. Voting will cause the patch to take effect even if it's only one and you will all be kicked and have to restart. You will have to suck it up and play on random maps.
**14) When the game is about to begin, turn off your lag at this point.

Enjoy Double XP weekend.

Last edited:
H

Habib2410

Getting there
Reaction score
Sin$
Would this work on the ps4 by any chance
I haven't tried it personally, but there shouldn't be any reason this wouldn't work on PS4.
So apparently 3ARC has patched the old method on xbox one. For a few hours now, some fellow S7 members and I have been trying to crack this and find a new method. We managed to work out something that works 100%.

Requirements:

- Patience

**Before getting started, it is recommended that you all start a random private match so you can see each other in recent players. Joining off of recent players will cause you to go on a separate party and not merge with others.**
1) Download UDP Unicorn
5) Packet size.. Now this depends on how much your internet can handle. For a start I recommend using 5.0KB with a 2ms delay. Now if this instantly boots you offline, lower the packet, If you can still connect to games when searching, add to the KB. The idea is to not get booted offline, just have enough lag to stay in a party and get put in a solo lobby.
6) Get 5 players you trust. This is important as what we found out is the lobby will lock mid game, therefore odds of rejoining if kicked are rare. If someone gets kicked, by the time the game ends and you return to the lobby, there will already be a random in the game. We have no tested turning the lag back on prior to the game ending as we didn't think of this possibility.
**8) Hover over HC CTF, and make sure you are ready to hit "attack" on UDP. As soon as you search, hit attack right away. This will cause you to connect to the server search but then lag you out to your own lobby.
**9) On the left hand side of your screen, you will notice "Searching for games", etc. You will have to pay attention at this point. When it gives you the number 50, and proceeds with a 0, tell the two players in your lobby to back out. SIDE NOTE: Every time done correctly for us, I would get 50 then 1 after both left.
**10)
After both players left, keep looking at those numbers until you see another 50 followed by 0 and tell one person to join off of recent players.
**11) When that person is in the lobby, someone else will join off of him from recent players, then after him, and so on.
**12) Pay attention to the sidebar on the right at this point. You will have to make sure that you stay 2 players max in a party. If you have the first 3 players in the same party, others will not be able to join. At this point, just tell those in the game to back out and others to join until someone is not in your party. The goal is to get 2 parties of 6 or all separate parties.
**13) DO NOT VOTE! Don't vote at any point, at all. Not a single vote. Voting will cause the patch to take effect even if it's only one and you will all be kicked and have to restart. You will have to suck it up and play on random maps.
**14) When your whole gang is in the game, or the game is about to begin, turn off your lag at this point.

Enjoy Double XP weekend.
Great find guys! Keep up the good work

iFawx

iFawx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
This isn't a new method.....
Please do send me a link to this method then m9. This is a new method for the latest update. The old method everyone backs out and rejoins, you can no longer do that. Clearly you haven't read all the steps.

Little Jimmy

Little Jimmy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Everyone doing the snd lobbies has been doing this since December. Most of the forum posts have been taken down because loading the playlist was patched.

iFawx

iFawx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Everyone doing the snd lobbies has been doing this since December. Most of the forum posts have been taken down because loading the playlist was patched.

This isn't for SnD, I don't know how to do SnD that's why this is a HC CTF method. Also you said it in your post, "Most of the forum posts have been taken down because loading the playlist was patched." therefore this would be a new method as this method you speak of was clearly patched. Not trying to start anything bud, it's just I haven't seen this method anywhere and it was a personal find with other S7 members. If I find or see a thread with this exact method, I will gladly remove this. :smile:

Little Jimmy

Little Jimmy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
This isn't for SnD, I don't know how to do SnD that's why this is a HC CTF method. Also you said it in your post, "Most of the forum posts have been taken down because loading the playlist was patched." therefore this would be a new method as this method you speak of was clearly patched. Not trying to start anything bud, it's just I haven't seen this method anywhere and it was a personal find with other S7 members. If I find or see a thread with this exact method, I will gladly remove this. :smile:
I said the method of loading the custom gamemode was patched, not the lobby starting method. And it doesn't matter if its HC CTF or snd, its still getting lobby with a group of people. You dont have to remove it, im just saying its not a new method.

Anderson marcotto

Anderson marcotto

Reaction score
Sin$
So apparently 3ARC has patched the old method on xbox one. For a few hours now, some fellow S7 members and I have been trying to crack this and find a new method. We managed to work out something that works 50% of the time.

Requirements:

- Patience

1) Download UDP Unicorn
**10)
After both players left, UPDATED STEP: WAIT UNTIL YOU JOIN A LOBBY BY YOURSELF BEFORE YOUR ORIGINAL 2 JOIN BACK.
**12) Pay attention to the sidebar on the right at this point. You will have to make sure that you stay 2 players max in a party. If you have the first 3 players in the same party, others will not be able to join. At this point, just tell those in the game to back out and others to join until someone is not in your party. UPDATED STEP: ONLY 4 PLAYERS CAN BE IN THE LOBBY FOR THE GAME TO START. AFTER THE GAME STARTED, THE 2 PLAYERS NOT IN THE GAME WILL HAVE TO JOIN OFF RECENT PLAYERS ONCE THE GAME STARTED.
**14) When the game is about to begin, turn off your lag at this point.

Enjoy Double XP weekend.
I did not was how do I get to do the glitch change map menu and etc.

CaptainBritain

CaptainBritain

I Don't Smoke The Riffaaa
Reaction score
Sin$
I can confirm this works..

It takes some pacitance and requires people who can join quickly!

iFawx

iFawx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I did not was how do I get to do the glitch change map menu and etc.
Sorry bud, I did not understand anything you said. If you are referring to changing map and settings once in lobby, that is a SnD lobby thing, not a HC CTF lobby. :smile: 
I can confirm this works..

It takes some pacitance and requires people who can join quickly!
It's more of a timing thing. Even after lots of practice, it is still hard to do, but in the end, especially for double XP this weekend, it's worth the 20 minutes to setup aha.

Top Bottom
Login
Register