• Views 1,191
Status
Not open for further replies.
sternal

sternal

A True Halo Fanboy
Reaction score
Sin$
Well since a lot of people don't feel like buying one, I have an alternative.

WARNING: This requires you to open your HDD. I am not responsible for data loss if you F*** up.

Ok lets begin with the requirements,
1-Torx T-6 screw driver Where to get it at
2-Torx T-10 screw driver Where to get it at
3-Xbox 360 HDD
4-Sata cable
5-Computer with a free sata port
6-A brain that can function properly
7-Some experience with computers

Ok so lets start **Note** I will update this post with photos in the near future

Step 1-Remove your HDD from your 360 and place it on a hard surface that is comfortable for you.
Step 2-Flip your HDD over and remove the waranty stcker to expose a hidden screw.
Step 3-Ok so now take out your Torx T-6 screw driver and remove the 4 screws and place them somewhere where you won't loose them.
Step 4-Fip your HDD over so the silver plate is showing and remove the top plate exposing the silver casing in the inside.
Step 5-Now take out your Torx T-10 and remove the four screws on the silver casing and slowly remove the casing to expose your actual HDD
step 6-Now there will be a serial ata and a sata type connection to the HDD, remove it slowly and the slide the HDD out of its casing
Step 7-Now go to your computer and open it up, find your extra sata ports and plug your cable in, also make sure that the sata cable is connected to your HDD
Step 8-You will need something called a serial ata cable which is connected to your dvd drive. Remove it and connect it to your HDD. **Note** It is the wider cable connected to your dvd drive
Step 9-Test to see if it is connected by going to device manager and click on disc drives**Note** If you used the serial ata cable from your dvd drive it will show 1 device with ata at the end of the name, if not it will show 2
Step 10-Open up your HDD explorer and well do what ever you want

R

rico002

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
i suggest a alternative a usb sata/ide adapter u can find them for under 10 bones.

sternal

sternal

A True Halo Fanboy
Reaction score
Sin$
If you find it hard don't do it and if you are going to be mean gtfo

sternal

sternal

A True Halo Fanboy
Reaction score
Sin$
Well its not that hard and i don't think this is the wrong section because people mod their gts and mpdata using transfer cables and what not

Y

yoyodunno

The Pro
Reaction score
Sin$
there's already 2 tuts for this in the xbox tutorials section.

L

Lazorz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
OR! You could spend 13 dollars on a transfer cable and not have the risk of completely losing everything! <_<

sternal

sternal

A True Halo Fanboy
Reaction score
Sin$
OR! You could spend 13 dollars on a transfer cable and not have the risk of completely losing everything! <_<

Ok link me to a site that sells a HDD trnsfer kit not a MU transfer kit for $13 also you can't buy that in a store so you either wait 2 weeks for some thing that can be done in 5 mins or play like an extra $15 just for fast shiping. Im just saying.

sternal

sternal

A True Halo Fanboy
Reaction score
Sin$
Sad face i can't edit my post
hold on

sternal

sternal

A True Halo Fanboy
Reaction score
Sin$
********UPDATE********* Uploading a vid on how to do this soon, but for now if you have any questions P>M> me on the site and i'll give you my aim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register