• Thread starter frostyzz
  • Start date
  • Views 123,086
F

frostyzz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
The following process will clone a PS4 NAND and subsequently any games installed on the 'Donor' PS4.
This method does work an infinite amount of times, there is no limit to how many times an NAND can be cloned, so no doubt we will soon see the appearence of pre loaded PS4 NANDs for sale if Sony do not patch this method!

Note: I nor Se7ensins do not condone piracy or online modding, this tutorial is for educational puposes only, no downloads are supplied so please do NOT ask!

To perform the cloning process you could use either Teensy ++ 2.0 or a Raspberry Pi to create NAND dumps which you will then need to compare with PS4 AC1D Flash Tool.
It is also worth noting that messing with a NAND can result in the bricking on your PS4.

How To Clone PS4 NAND:

Connect a PS4 to PSN and download games, for this tutorial we will call the main PS4 the 'Donor'.
Connect the console that will become the clone Console to PSN and create the account (Donor Console) enable sharing and download the games.
Dump the Clone consoles NAND several times to compare them.
Connect the clone console to PSN again and disable sharing
Write the dumped NAND back to the clone console
Put the PS4 into safe mode and repair the console database.

Works on firmware 2.50

Rengar

Rengar

The Knifecat
Reaction score
Sin$
it says right there in the post, the bad thing is.... you need a person with the game
I think he meant "how do I dump the NAND" not "How do I read and follow directions". Unless of course he did mean that... :^)

Modsz

Modsz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Considering this will get patched sooner or later, cost 25 dollars and risk my console being banned or bricked, I think I'll just stick with buying games until a lot of people do this and video tutorials are made.

Oh and I have to have to get the games from a different account so..

Last edited:
T3DDY_173

T3DDY_173

the official T3DDY
Hardened Veteran Frame In Gold Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
Considering this will get patched sooner or later, cost 25 dollars and risk my console being banned or bricked, I think I'll just stick with buying games until a lot of people do this and video tutorials are made.

Oh and I have to have to get the games from a different account so..
and if u do find a person with the game you need..... what are the chances of him giving you his psn details ?

flaptastic

flaptastic

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
that's the weakest tut I've read in a long time :smile: I wonder if the NAND "clone" sticks, if so I could clone my main PS4 to my secondary PS4 and not have to worry about my games stopping to work if PSN goes down... again... (man Xmas was a bad time for me as I was away with only my secondary console available)

T3DDY_173

T3DDY_173

the official T3DDY
Hardened Veteran Frame In Gold Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
that's the weakest tut I've read in a long time :smile: I wonder if the NAND "clone" sticks, if so I could clone my main PS4 to my secondary PS4 and not have to worry about my games stopping to work if PSN goes down... again... (man Xmas was a bad time for me as I was away with only my secondary console available)

i wouldnt do that just for that reason... not worth it.
digital for me was never good, discs can be touched and see and used offline :3

flaptastic

flaptastic

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I used to be all physical myself.. but after so many years my house is littered with boxes and games :smile: besides digital is SO convenient (when it works!)

jblaze252

jblaze252

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
so what happens when 'donor' console's ps+ subscription runs out?

S

Sammy1032

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hope there is a video tutorial in future.
But it's still a excited news

T

truemaster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I don't like that way but it is a start I beleave that 2 methods will be good 1 to put an iso in the jailbroaken ps4 hdd and load it. or a firmware flash on bd rom drive and play burnt bdroms

V

vanilor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
The following process will clone a PS4 NAND and subsequently any games installed on the 'Donor' PS4.
This method does work an infinite amount of times, there is no limit to how many times an NAND can be cloned, so no doubt we will soon see the appearence of pre loaded PS4 NANDs for sale if Sony do not patch this method!

Note: I nor Se7ensins do not condone piracy or online modding, this tutorial is for educational puposes only, no downloads are supplied so please do NOT ask!

To perform the cloning process you could use either Teensy ++ 2.0 or a Raspberry Pi to create NAND dumps which you will then need to compare with PS4 AC1D Flash Tool.
It is also worth noting that messing with a NAND can result in the bricking on your PS4.

How To Clone PS4 NAND:

Connect a PS4 to PSN and download games, for this tutorial we will call the main PS4 the 'Donor'.
Connect the console that will become the clone Console to PSN and create the account (Donor Console) enable sharing and download the games.
Dump the Clone consoles NAND several times to compare them.
Connect the clone console to PSN again and disable sharing
Write the dumped NAND back to the clone console
Put the PS4 into safe mode and repair the console database.

Works on firmware 2.50
Does this still work on 2.51?

tekzibit

tekzibit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
pretty sure they patched this weeks after this originally happened, highly doubt it's doable anymore unless you're still running the old firmware

F

frostyzz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I would take a guess that it does but i wouldn't do it unless you really know what your doing + alot of stuff is missing from this tut.

pretty sure they patched this weeks after this originally happened, highly doubt it's doable anymore unless you're still running the old firmware

yes this did get patched very fast it is still possible to do if you are still on 2.50 from some reports of it still working on 2.50

And i did not want to post a fully detailed Tut on how to do so i only give a brief Tut anyone can google how to do it and it will show up more detailed walk-through using the (TOR) network as most of the sites are blocked by google i did make a video but it got took down almost instantly

DeeLaRoc

DeeLaRoc

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
I don't like that way but it is a start I beleave that 2 methods will be good 1 to put an iso in the jailbroaken ps4 hdd and load it. or a firmware flash on bd rom drive and play burnt bdroms

This isn't possible due to the fact the BD discs have unique keys in the disc (located in the *.riff file), which means no two discs can be on at the same time. Plus no one has even cracked any hardware firmware like a BD-ROM firmware for the PS4. That was only possible on the 360 as it had a "silver bullet" and $ONY had the PS3 BD keys moved to the motherboard in 3K versions of the PS3, thus eliminating the need for a logic/daughter board on the actual BD drive and the fact that the BDROM firmware can change at any time and the big issue on ODE for PS3 was they changed some of the commands in the firmware later on to combat ODE'S. I'd say the PS3 has more of a chance of being hacked, but since Sony used an ECDSA signature scheme to protect the PS3, it's very hard to crack without the private keys used before. The PS4 is said to use the same signature scheme, so better chance at an ODE than an actual true CFW hack (I think it'll have to be a new way as the ODE scene on the PS3 is dwindling due to update/no updates issue on getting games working and the swap procedure nobody is really a fan of).

flaptastic

flaptastic

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Uhm yea, goes without saying that NOBODY downloads a file from an unchecked zip from a user with 1 post?!!

This is so fake you can get...

Top Bottom
Login
Register