What's new

Tutorial How to give your Scenery FULL collision

S

Scuba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
This tut will teach you how to give your scenery on a map FULL collsion. for all the n00bs out there,

Collision- The Solidity of an object in halo 2. for instance, the uber chassis on terminal has collision, but those weird cylander things on top of turf dont. meaning, that you can walk right through them. so you read the tut on how to add scenery to the map. Now what? How can you make it so you can touch that scenery? Well, I'll tell you how.

step 1: (note: if you are using the map "Containment", this step is not required)

Open your map with your scenery in Insolence. Now open "Containment.map" in Insolence as well. Go to Containment's mach tag and choose

scenarios\objects\multi\containment\base_gate\base_gate

Transfer that Mach to the map you are giving the collison to. Make sure you have single_player_shared.map so you can transfer.

step 2: Changing the name

With Insolence still open, you may close Containment. Right click the base gate mach that you just transferred to your map and choose "rename" (note: if you are doing this for containment, then choose "duplicate" then "rename") Rename the mach tag to whatever your scenery is for easy identification.

3. Changing the dependencies

Now open up Dot Halo. Open up the dependencies of your new mach tag. null out EVERYTHING except your hlmt. change that to the hlmt of your scenry. Now go to the itmc that your scenery is already in. change whats in there (proj, weap, etc.) to your new mach.

4.Presto! (with some side effects)

Presto! You have just given your scenery full collision! BUT this will not work for active scenery, but is very useful for other things that you want to do, scenery wise.

Written by Scuba!:biggrin:

I

idkjosh

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Umm, i dont know it its me or the non-detailed tut, but i got lost.
anyone else?

DrXthirst

DrXthirst

Seasoned Veteran Grammar Nazi Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I didnt get lost and I did it just as perfectly as you said , but , it didnt work , my pelican still didnt have collision.

Top Bottom
Login
Register