How to give a rocket explosion nuke properties

Discussion in 'Halo 2 Modding Tutorials' started by poopoo, Jan 17, 2009 with 5 replies and 1,500 views.

1. poopoo

poopoo Enthusiast

Ratings:
    MATERIALS
    1.Dot Halo v1.0b3.0

2.modded xbox or xbox 360

3.unmodded map (i'm going to use terminal)

4.Map Resigner

STEPS
    1.Open Dot Halo

2.Open your unmodded map in Dot Halo (terminal) by clicking open then navigate to the folder you keep your unmodded maps and double click the map

---look at tut pic 1&2---[attachment=591:4/3/5/5/1/1277.attach]---[attachment=592:4/3/5/5/1/1278.attach]---

3.Once you've opened your map there is only 2 windows in Dot Halo we have to look at which are "Tags" and "Tag Editor" so go to "Tags" and scroll and look until you see the "[jpt!] Damage Effect" tag and expand it by clicking the pluse sign beside it

---look at tut pic 3---[attachment=593:4/3/5/5/1/1279.attach]---

4.Now scroll down keeping inside the [jpt!] tag and look at the list of damage effects until you see "objects\weapons\support_high\rocket_launcher\damage_effects\rocket_launcher_explosion"
    and double click it

---look at tut pic 4---[attachment=594:4/3/5/5/1/1280.attach]---

5.Now take a gander at the "Tag Editor" window

6.Change the "Minimum Range" and the "Maximum Range" to 1000 to cover any map
    you can change the distance to your liking, i think around 25 is half of coagulation but i'm not completely sure

7.Change the "Minimum Damage" the "Damage (min)" and the "Damage (max)" to 5000
    you can put the damages really low (like 1) if you just want to make things go flying without killing them as soon as they are effected by the explosion

8.Change the "force" to about 50
    Force changes how strong it sends your objects flying if you put the force to like 5-10 it should just hit them or bump them and send them 50 feet or so depending on the object
    at 50 they should be hitting the walls just change the value if you want it different

---look at tut pic 5---[attachment=595:4/3/5/5/1/1281.attach]---

9.Now switch back to "Tags" and click "Save Changes"

---look at tut pic 6---[attachment=596:4/3/5/5/1/1282.attach]---

10.After you click that a new mini window will pop up and say "Save Tag Changes" and "Done saving changes to the tag" just click ok

---look at tut pic 7---[attachment=597:4/3/5/5/1/1283.attach]---

11.The map should reload. Then click "X" and resign and FTP

NOTE:this nuke will not destroy buildings and walls like some noobs wish to think it would but what it does is kills everyone and thing in its path. Things hiding in bases and buildings or behind walls and/or rocks will be safe from the explosion. if there are any questions try not to pm me i don't get around to responding to those too often but you can send my gamertag (Neidert Duo) a message but i don't want too many friend requests either because i got 99 friends and i don't want to go deleting like crazy.

THE THANKS IS THERE

GOOD LUCKZZZ!!!YOZ

• Like Like x 2
  2. AJ88xA8

AJ88xA8 Newbie

Ratings:
    hey very nice tut. Im sad because there are getting to be less and less of good ones but this one is pretty nice. I will try it and maybe make some variations. Thanx again :biggrin:

3. OP
    poopoo

poopoo Enthusiast

Ratings:
  4. P I M P 3 D Tut

P I M P 3 D Tut Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Why is this in advanced.. This is easy.

5. OP
    poopoo

poopoo Enthusiast

Ratings:
    i hafta make this quick cuz i'm tired but i have no idea.:? i clicked on the post new topic link in the beginner mod tutorials feel free to move it if need be.:thumbup:

6. xKNiiVES

xKNiiVES Getting There

Ratings:
    This tutorial is confusing.