What's new

Tutorial How to get your MS points back on 2 items without ban!

• Thread starter se7ensinser
  • Start date
  • Views 6,110
se7ensinser

Ilikeskyriming

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Now i know there's been a lot of postings on how to get your MS points back off items you've bought on the marketplace. Well Normally you only receive 1 refund a year, but i got 2 in 2 days without any risk of a ban what so ever. This is if you have bought a full game and dlc for any other game.... if you haven't read other peoples tuts on the normal get refunded once, then ill remake it with my extra bit of tut so you get another refund and no risk of ban :biggrin:. Right ill begin, just make sure you leave it a day or 2 between refunds

1. Got to xboxlive.com and sign into your Xbox live profile (hotmail address linked to your gamer tag).

2. After that go to the support tab and choose contact us.

3. On the product drop down menu choose Xbox live, then on the category choose Marketplace and purchasing.

4. Then at the bottom of the page choose Online chat.

Right this is where we use the full game you have purchased, it doesn't have to be recent ether.
All i said to them was that i bought MW1 a while ago but my xbox 360 got RROD and didn't get to play it, i have recently just bought a new xbox 360 and downloaded the MW1 game but when i tried to play it it all went distorted and fuzzy/laggy, eventually stopping the game (make sure you say it's unplayable). They will then give you some things to try, i just said i have re-downloaded the game and it sometimes comes up corrupted, other times it''s fine but doesn't let me play it (back to the story above), he/she will give you more tips but just say you've done all that and nothing worked, you now will receive you refund.

Right now to the DLC refund, below is a chat log of me on getting my DLC refund :wink:
se7ensins: Hi I contacted Support yesterday as i had a problem with 1 of my games, I've just tried to reinstall more of my games/DLC as iv not had an xbox for a while so just got round to playing some of these add-ons/Full games. Sooo all my other dlc and full games play fine accept for 4 of my fallout 3 DLC add ons. I go to play on each of them and the screen just laggs about and goes funny and i can't do anything, ive tried re-downloading them but it says corrupts and after a few times i do get it to download it still doesn't play properly :S.
Corey: Thank you for contacting Xbox Customer Support! How are you today?
se7ensins : Good thanks :smile:
Corey: Okay Michael with them coming up corrupt are you deleting the content from your hard drive and clearing the cache and then redownload?
se7ensins : Yes i did all that
Corey: And it all keeps downloading corrupt every time?
se7ensins : I didn't want to contact support again after doing it yesteday about a different game that didn't work, but i can't belive 4 of my dlc have the same kinda problm :S
se7ensins : not every time, it lets me download after 10 or so tries, but when i try play it it goes all distorted looking and laggy then i can't do anything
Corey: And then when you go to check on the hard drive they are showing curropt?
se7ensins : no it just saying installed
Corey: Have you tried to delete your profile only, and recover it? Sometimes if a profile is corrupt them it will do what your describing.
se7ensins : yes iv also done that a few times just in case, still no result :/
Corey: Are you currently signed in to Xbox.com with the account you have a question about?
: is there anything else i could try?
se7ensins : yes i am
se7ensins : Evil pre4cher it should be
Corey: Honestly Michael you have done it all, everything I would recommend or know to do you have done it.
se7ensins : Oh right :frown:
se7ensins : What should i do next? as i remember them dlc cod quite a few MS points :/
se7ensins : DLC COS*
Corey: I know, I don't see you signed in, if I can get you to sign in I will see what I can dol.
Corey: Please Sign In with your Windows Live ID that is associated with your gamertag, and then start your chat session again. To sign in, go here .
se7ensins : Ok all done :smile:
Corey: Awesome thank you! Let me look!
se7ensins : Ok thanks :smile:
Corey: Michael I have refunded 1200 points, just remember we can only refund content once a year.
se7ensins: Ah ok i see, i was refunded for my other game yesterday. But every other game works fine besides these 4dlc
se7ensins: thanks :smile:
Corey: Right I saw that so the refund option has been used on these contents.
Corey: Your welcome!

Just follow what i said and you'll get 2 refunds without a ban, i did this about 3 months ago btw. Just make sure you copy what i said near the end about all ready having a refund, only when they give you a refund and say " remember we can only refund you once a year". All done make sure it's a game and dlc that's worth a lot of MS points :wink:

MachineGunKelly

MachineGunKelly

Enthusiast
Chatty Kathy Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
Please stop with this. You're ruining it for people who actually get problems like this.

Thanks, MGK

Wii

Wii

100% Asian
Reaction score
Sin$
Makes no sense. I do the same but I have to have a support ticket and wait 10 days to get my 800 MSP. Lucky you are sir.

X

xevilxboox

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
i was on a xbox live chat the other day and I wanted to change my gamertag and the chat agent said that i could not do it because they dont just hand out free gamertag changes. I told him that is incredibly unexceptable to me and that i would like to know the steps to end my xbox live membership. after i had threatened to leave he offered me 800 free microsoft points to stay in addition to a free gamertag change.

they are so full of **** when they say they cant do something.

by the way, I actually needed to change my gamertag for a legit reason so thats why i threatened to leave.

SimplyOwnage

SimplyOwnage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Can I do this for my actual Minecraft game
or the Ascension Zombies DLC I bought when that came out over a year ago?

I

iStewartsHD

Reaction score
Sin$
I'm second in the que i will report back if this works for minecraft.

G

getreal360

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
And, once it is determined you have continued to play DLC , that you fraudulently got refunded, BANHAMMER~ see ya!!

Top Bottom
Login
Register