• Thread starter Cynder
  • Start date
  • Views 138
C

Cynder

Local Weird Guy
Premium
Reaction score
Showing what song is playing on stream can help lower the amount of questions in chat, as well as make your stream look a little more professional and the steps to set it up are extremely easy.

Step 1: Download Snip for OBS. (No install necessary)

Step 2: Place the folder called 'Snip' where ever is easiest for you. (I put mine in my documents)

Step 3: Run the exe file and right click the icon in your tray and select what program you will be using to play music

Step 4: Create a new text source

Step 5: Within that new text source check the box 'Read from file'

Step 6: Lastly you will need to click Browse on the Text File area and look for the Snip.txt within the Snip folder

Congrats, you now have the name of what song is playing displayed on your stream.

Final Product

Last edited:
F

Feyfolken

   
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Always wondered how easy this was to do since a lot of popular streamers don't even have it set up. I'll actually keep this in mind if anyone ever asks me or if I decide to start streaming in the future. Thanks for posting! Would it be possible for Snip to show songs being played through Pandora or similar radio services?

C

Cynder

Local Weird Guy
Premium
Reaction score
Always wondered how easy this was to do since a lot of popular streamers don't even have it set up. I'll actually keep this in mind if anyone ever asks me or if I decide to start streaming in the future. Thanks for posting! Would it be possible for Snip to show songs being played through Pandora or similar radio services?
I don't believe they have a external scripting that Snip is able to access. If it did I am sure the developer would of added it in

F

Feyfolken

   
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
I don't believe they have a external scripting that Snip is able to access. If it did I am sure the developer would of added it in
Either way, it's good to know. It's certainly a beneficial bit of information for anyone looking to stream, so thanks for taking the time to share it.

H

Harry

Dope
Premium
Reaction score
This is very beneficial information that will come in very handy. I was expecting something more complex than this, so thank you for breaking it down and making it easy to understand! :biggrin:

Top Bottom