What's new

Working How to get to New Austin as Arthur

T

Tylerhr721

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I am not the founder of this glitch.

You have to be in chapter 4 or further and have the mission called "Angelo Bronte, a man of honor". If you have already completed it you can just replay the mission. All you have to do is play the mission as you normally would and after you pick up the grave robbers stash, simply get spotted by the law, then lose your wanted level and complete the mission as usual. Now just fast travel to Strawberry and go explore. You can do all of the challenges and get the Legends of the east outfit as Arthur(he deserves it), hunt the legendary animals, and catch the legendary fish. Just be careful of the towns because there will still be lawmen there and they will shoot you. If you die it will spawn you back out of the restricted area but you can just go right back. You can save the game but if you load another game save you will have to replay the mission and do the glitch again. Enjoy

Last edited:
IvIDoomIvI

IvIDoomIvI

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Someone told me that by doing this u can literally force the game to allow arthur to do a strangers an freaks mission only available to John imma definitely test This out thx

V

Vigilant Bonds

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
...... simply get spotted by the law, then lose your wanted level.......Enjoy

One does not "simply" lose your wanted level. :tongue:

Those cops are a nightmare!

Still, good find, thanks.
You're right, Arthur does deserve the Legend outfit. I'll give it a go.

Fast travel by stagecoach or Arthurs map?

Last edited:
T

Tylerhr721

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
One does not "simply" lose your wanted level. :tongue:

Those cops are a nightmare!

Still, good find, thanks.
You're right, Arthur does deserve the Legend outfit. I'll give it a go.

Fast travel by stagecoach or Arthurs map?
Lol yeah those lawmen can be hard to get past especially if you're replaying the mission and don't have any tonics and hardly any ammo... and it doesn't matter how you get there, i just said fast travel because it's quicker. I fast traveled from Arthur's map cuz I was right near camp but if you start the replay mission right on the edge of the restricted area then you don't have to fast travel at all

Nice find but to late for me I'm in chapter 5 since yesterday
You can still replay the mission and do it to get there early as Arthur. Sorry I should have said you have to be in chapter 4 or further.

S

Silz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Im personally not far enough yet to test, can anyone confirm this still works after recent patch?

Ladyhollinhead

Ladyhollinhead

Reaction score
Sin$
I did this but I still have to be SUPER careful in the blackwater/new Austin area. I literally have to be crouched or they find me immediately. I'm wondering if I didn't do the angelo bronte mission correctly. I let them see me and then I lost them and finished the mission. So im confused..

Mr420Green420

Mr420Green420

Reaction score
Sin$
Amazing find good sir! This helped me out quite a bit as I restarted the game because I do not like playing as John. Keep it up man!

I did this but I still have to be SUPER careful in the blackwater/new Austin area. I literally have to be crouched or they find me immediately. I'm wondering if I didn't do the angelo bronte mission correctly. I let them see me and then I lost them and finished the mission. So im confused..
If the glitch is done correctly you will be able to go anywhere in new Austin with no problems, the only place I have found where you must be careful is Blackwater. As long as the lawmen in Blackwater don't see you you're good. Maybe try the glitch again and kill several of the lawmen in saint Denis before you lose them and finish the mission. Good luck!

BuBuMan

BuBuMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I did the glitch 3 times. Every time it worked. Yesterday I tried it the 4th time. And now, when I ride to Blackwater/New Austin there are lawmens everywhere. I repeated the mission 3 times with no success. Does anybody know what the problem is?

Last edited:
flaptastic

flaptastic

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I heard this was patched last week ... anyone managed to do it, or can confirm? (PS4)

marydare

marydare

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I heard this was patched last week ... anyone managed to do it, or can confirm? (PS4)
[TLDR: seems to have been patched, and reinstalling the 1.0 game via disk is the only workaround.] I was doing a Chapter 4 Legend of the East playthrough as Arthur with the glitch live last Tues. and held off on updating the game until I was finished with Herbalist 9 just in case. Sure enough, as soon as I updated I replayed the mission to test, the superkiller bounty hunters were there within seconds of crossing the Dakota. I made a run for the New Austin border to see if the instant sniper death was back in effect, and it was. Tried four times with the same effect. RIP that fun, harmless glitch! No idea why they made that a patch priority. Reddit says that if you have the game disks, you can uninstall, reinstall the 1.0; and still open existing saves, so it seems that is the only way to do it now. I was a digital preorder so I can’t confirm personally. Best of luck!

flaptastic

flaptastic

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
eff R* --- I missing those flowery bits of the challenges too... why do folks patch harmless glitches!?? there's a way to download the original game digially, but it's a mess of proxies and manually finding unpatched game files etc. I did it once for NFS... not sure it's worth to go through again even if I can remember how to do it :-/

S

sbdmszbmjsabfbzs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
f***. Seriously? I'm going for Herbalist 9 now with Arthur in Chapter 2...
****in hell man. Any chance they will find another way to get back there?

A

Apex999

Reaction score
Sin$
[TLDR: seems to have been patched, and reinstalling the 1.0 game via disk is the only workaround.] I was doing a Chapter 4 Legend of the East playthrough as Arthur with the glitch live last Tues. and held off on updating the game until I was finished with Herbalist 9 just in case. Sure enough, as soon as I updated I replayed the mission to test, the superkiller bounty hunters were there within seconds of crossing the Dakota. I made a run for the New Austin border to see if the instant sniper death was back in effect, and it was. Tried four times with the same effect. RIP that fun, harmless glitch! No idea why they made that a patch priority. Reddit says that if you have the game disks, you can uninstall, reinstall the 1.0; and still open existing saves, so it seems that is the only way to do it now. I was a digital preorder so I can’t confirm personally. Best of luck!

I confirm that it works with the disk version:

I played the game until chapter 4 -> just before the Angelo Bronte mission i created a savegame -> turned internet connection off -> uninstalled game -> installed game version 1.0 with disk(s) -> loaded savegame -> went to New Austin with Angelo Bronte Mission Glitch and did everything and collected everything -> then created a savegame again -> turned internet connection on -> updatet the game and continued to play with savegame.

I also achieved 100% this way. The legendary fish mission and progress can be completed in the Epilogue, even if you send all the fish as Arthur.

I

I_Am_Hollow

Reaction score
Sin$
I confirm that it works with the disk version:

I played the game until chapter 4 -> just before the Angelo Bronte mission i created a savegame -> turned internet connection off -> uninstalled game -> installed game version 1.0 with disk(s) -> loaded savegame -> went to New Austin with Angelo Bronte Mission Glitch and did everything and collected everything -> then created a savegame again -> turned internet connection on -> updatet the game and continued to play with savegame.

When I try to do this, I get an error saying "The selected save game data cannot be loaded because it is damaged". Do I have to save, then turn off the internet connection before I uninstall?

A

Apex999

Reaction score
Sin$
When I try to do this, I get an error saying "The selected save game data cannot be loaded because it is damaged". Do I have to save, then turn off the internet connection before I uninstall?

Create a savegame before glitch mission. Exit game. Turn off the Internet connection. Uninstall the game ...

Hopefully not: The game is patched and the savegames of different game versions are no longer compatible. In this case, the game should actually tell you that the savegame is "incompatible" instead of "damaged". Maybe the savegame is broken. Try loading the savegame with the current version to know exactly. Unfortunately, I do not have any version 1.0 savegame left to test it. My savegame before deinstallation is dated May 6, and my savegame after update (after leaving New Austin) is dated May 14. At this time it worked with the current version and version 1.0 and I also had a version 1.0 savegame. I have to add that I'm on PS4. A shame if Rockstar patched that too.

I

I_Am_Hollow

Reaction score
Sin$
Create a savegame before glitch mission. Exit game. Turn off the Internet connection. Uninstall the game ...

Hopefully not: The game is patched and the savegames of different game versions are no longer compatible. In this case, the game should actually tell you that the savegame is "incompatible" instead of "damaged". Maybe the savegame is broken. Try loading the savegame with the current version to know exactly. Unfortunately, I do not have any version 1.0 savegame left to test it. My savegame before deinstallation is dated May 6, and my savegame after update (after leaving New Austin) is dated May 14. At this time it worked with the current version and version 1.0 and I also had a version 1.0 savegame. I have to add that I'm on PS4. A shame if Rockstar patched that too.
I've tested the save and I am able to load it if the current patch is downloaded.

Top Bottom
Login
Register