Tutorial How to get the Halo 2 maps off your Xbox to mod them

• Thread starter AzzidReign
  • Start date
  • Views 62,674
H

HeavyHitter

Reaction score
Sin$
When I click on TDATA it brings up 00000000, 5553000c, EvoX, and fffe0000... Thats it!! So how do I get the 64 thing

B

blakemod

Reaction score
Sin$
ok i got the maps on my comp ...so i bring them over agon to back it up or what???and do i need to use splinter cell agon to get the map or what i dont know what to do plz help me.and when i get the maps what do i do to them do i need more programs or some thing plz explain how to do this PLZ

L

lenies

Reaction score
Sin$
Hey well i want to ask a very important question well do you NEED to have your xbox softmodded inorder to mod halo 2 plz answer me

AzzidReign

AzzidReign

Teabaggin in 2024
Administrator
Platinum Record A Milli Tutorial Creator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Maybe asking the question only once would have been nice. But no, you don't need it to be modded but if you didn't know the answer to that question yourself, then I would recommend that you modded your Xbox for the ease of FTP'ing.

S

secretdrummer123

Reaction score
Sin$
Yes, nice tut, but I have a MAJOR question... I'm trying to get the kiltrocity map pack 1 on my xbox, but I need the "mainmenu.map" file... Were do I get this damn file i've been searching for for HOURS!!!!:cry2: :cry2: :cry2:

X

XboxPlayer

Se7en Sinner
Premium
Reaction score
Sin$
AzzidReign

AzzidReign

Teabaggin in 2024
Administrator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
secretdrummer123 said:
Yes, nice tut, but I have a MAJOR question... I'm trying to get the kiltrocity map pack 1 on my xbox, but I need the "mainmenu.map" file... Were do I get this damn file i've been searching for for HOURS!!!!:cry2: :cry2: :cry2:
Put your disc in, go to D:/ and in the maps folder you should find it (I think, I haven't opened up the disc for 2 years...but its on the disc).

E

Eqnoble

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
hey azzid i dont mean to regress back to nubbage but since softodding i cant play my mappacks ie turf warlock etc.. i know where they are and the folder structure is intact untouched whats the first step to being able to use these maps again..

ps i hate walking backwards

AzzidReign

AzzidReign

Teabaggin in 2024
Administrator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Well...it sounds like you tried to overwrite the update...did you attempt at getting the newest maps and failed?

E

Eqnoble

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
well i have the mappacks in the 000001,00002 blah blah folders but when i put the h2 disc in they dont show up on the maps list in the game sound problematic or something that can be fixed this is one thing i am totally clueless about

AzzidReign

AzzidReign

Teabaggin in 2024
Administrator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I didn't ask where you had them...if you didn't download them or install them with a disc then thats why they aren't working b/c the patch files are Xbox specific.

Otaku Se7en

Otaku Se7en

The Old School
VIP
Retired
Mythical Veteran Grizzled Veteran Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
does anyone have the maps so i can get them from here and put them on my xbox unmodded?

AzzidReign

AzzidReign

Teabaggin in 2024
Administrator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
You can delete everything that is H2 on your hdd (via ms dashboard...such as all the gamesaves, maps and profiles). Then go on LIVE and redownload them.

l tags r dumb l

l tags r dumb l

I dont care about nothin...
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
a better way if you wanna save time is to save a copy of the clean map, and when ur done modding, just deleted the modded map, and ftp the clean ones back on

just saves some time :smile:

AzzidReign

AzzidReign

Teabaggin in 2024
Administrator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Depending on who you are talking to tags...that may be a solution. Egnoble, from my knowledge, sounds like he's screwed up the update file (default.xbe) so it's not showing that he has any of the new maps on his hdd when he goes to select the map.

Another thing you can do is get premium, get one of the installers I've posted and use that. It will install all the DLC maps + they are XBL compatible.

E

Eqnoble

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
i have all the ones i downloaded from live with this box that im using b4 i softmodded a recent time ago.
i guess what im asking is if the map files in e: can be moved somewhere else on the hdd so they will come up when i load the game. the wont even come up in the game now now when i boot r3tail dash

yes everything i downloaded from xbl is intact and ftp-able

L

leftwinga19

Reaction score
Sin$
HELP!!!

okay dude, GREAT TUTORIAL!!! only thing is the dashboard worked, but i inserted halo 2, and tried going back to the dashboard, but it was the original dashboard!!!:frown::frown::frown: help please! and the elite is really slow in terminal for some reason, and is always killed by the train, even while not on the train tracks, but can jump high, and the sniper can NOT shot full auto too--- pm me please, or e-mail/AIM [email protected]

Top Bottom
Login
Register