What's new

Tutorial How to Get Rid of "Enterprise Enrollment" Tutorial(Acer C720)

• Thread starter Aghast
  • Start date
  • Views 21,744
A

Aghast

Retired
Retired
Reaction score

Introduction
So i'm pretty sure some of you have gotten a school Chromebook that has "Enterprise Enrollment" which means that each Chrome management policies are set by an admin until they wipe or recover the device. This is done to prevent other accounts that are not provided by the school from logging in. However, I will show you how to get rid of "enterprise enrollment" and how to enable it again just in case you need to return the Chromebook.

Getting Started/Removing the Back
When getting started, you want to make sure you have a Phillips head screwdriver and somewhere to put the screws.

The first step is to turn the Chromebook so the bottom is facing you. Then, you will need to take off every screw that is on the back. Once, the screws are taken off, you will then remove the back off the Chromebook. Go slow, you don't want to break the back part of your Chromebook.

The screw is found when looking at #7. It is under a black cable connected to the battery. This is the screw you will remove. Once the screw is removed, PUT THE SCREW IN A SAFE PLACE(you may need it to put back the enterprise enrollment). Since that is done, we will place the back part of the Chromebook back where it was. You can now screw back in the screws.

Removing Enterprise Enrollment
Now that the hardware part is taken care of, we can now reset our data to get rid of Enterprise Enrollment. To do this, you need to press "esc + refresh + power. This will bring you to the following screen.

To get past this, you need to press "CTRL+ D". This will bring you to a screen that prompts you to press ENTER. Press ENTER and the Chromebook will quickly restart and come to a screen that looks like this.

Press SPACE and the Chromebook will once again restart. The Chromebook will now have to be "re-setup" as a new Chromebook. Once you have signed in(sign in with your personal google account), I recommend adding your school account. This allows you to switch to the school account when you are at school, and your personal account at home. If you know the school's WiFi password, then you can use the personal account at school.

You're all set! Remember that I am not responsible for you damaging your Chromebook in any way. If you found this guide helpful, feel free to leave a rating.

R

Richard5857

Reaction score
What if after doing all this, I am still prompted with signing into my enterprise?
Post automatically merged:

What if after doing all this, I am still prompted with signing into my enterprise?
and rejected for not being "elegible"

Last edited:
Top Bottom