What's new

Tutorial How To Get In App Purchases For Free. (Jailbreak IOS 6.1)

• Thread starter murph fish
  • Start date
  • Views 322,031
murph fish

murph fish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Welcome to the free In app purchases tutorial. I will update this thread as updates for the tweak come out.
This Is for educational purposes only :tongue:

Okay noob friendly tutorial time!

Step 1: Open cydia.
Step 2: On the bottom ribbon tap manage.
Step 3: Tap sources.
Step 4: Up at the tap right tap Edit.
Step 5: Now at the top left Add should have appeared so tap that.
Step 6: Add this source system.in-appstore.com/repo/
Step 7: Once cydia finishes adding the source open up that source and the only package to install will be "LocalIAPStore" install that.
Step 8: Go over to settings and scroll down to localIAPstore and make sure both options are enabled.
Step 9: Now load up any app that has an in game store.
Step 10: for example lets do temple run 2.
Step 11: at the menu tap get more coins.
Step 12: Tap whichever amount you would like.
Step 13: It will add the amount to your account then immediately after a screen will pop up asking you to confirm your purchase HIT CANCEL NOT BUY.
step 13: You're done the purchase should be complete.

NOTES:

NOTE 1: This will work on pretty much any app that has an in app store That is not server based!

NOTE 2: Do not do this on an itunes account with a credit card set up on it. I am not responsible for any accidental purchases or anything that may happen along those lines.

NOTE 3: Make sure you go into your settings and enable the tweak as well as custom receipts.

Last edited:
Tabuu

Tabuu

VIP
VIP
MotM Bright Idea 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
Okay so first off let me start off by saying I couldn't find a tutorial on here for this and the one I did find did not work on the IOS 6.1 Jailbreak so please don't give me hate for contributing to the community.

Secondly: This Is for educational purposes only :tongue:

Okay noob friendly tutorial time!

Step 1: Open cydia.
Step 2: On the bottom ribbon tap manage.
Step 3: Tap sources.
Step 4: Up at the tap right tap Edit.
Step 5: Now at the top left Add should have appeared so tap that.
Step 6: Add this source system.in-appstore.com/repo/
Step 7: Once cydia finishes adding the source open up that source and the only package to install will be "LocalIAPStore" install that.
Step 8: Now load up any app that has an in game store.
Step 9: for example lets do temple run 2.
Step 10: at the menu tap get more coins.
Step 11: Tap whichever amount you would like.
Step 12: It will add the amount to your account then immediately after a screen will pop up asking you to confirm your purchase HIT CANCEL NOT BUY.
step 13: You're done the purchase should be complete.

NOTES:

NOTE 1: This will work on pretty much any app that has an in app store.

NOTE 2: Do not do this on an itunes account with a credit card set up on it. I am not responsible for any accidental purchases or anything that may happen along those lines.

NOTE 3: There is no way to toggle this on or off in SBSettings like the previous package for this. It is on your iDevice until you uninstall it or disable it in mobilesubstrate.

Thanks for the post. I was going to make a tutorial on this after I fully investigated the tweak. This thing scared the **** out of me this morning because without even thinking I click a $30 in app purchase after I had just purchased an application. Just in case any of you don't understand why I was scared, the iPhone/iPod/iPad saves your password for about 15 minutes before prompting you to enter it again. So anyway, the moral of the story is to make sure you go to http://system.in-appstore.com/ and put the correct DNS in while connected to wifi just on case the tweak doesn't work. This way your purchase goes through their network and you won't get charged on your iTunes account. I highly highly HIGHLY suggest doing this on wifi just in case. I don't know about the rest of you, but I like that little safety cushion.

Also, you may not see anything pop up when you make an in all purchase...fret not, this is normal for some applications. You have not been charged. As I said before, you should go to the website, install the certificates, and type in the DNS for in-appstore's servers just a bit of a safety cushion so you do not get charged.

murph fish

murph fish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks for the post. I was going to make a tutorial on this after I fully investigated the tweak. This thing scared the **** out of me this morning because without even thinking I click a $30 in app purchase after I had just purchased an application. Just in case any of you don't understand why I was scared, the iPhone/iPod/iPad saves your password for about 15 minutes before prompting you to enter it again. So anyway, the moral of the story is to make sure you go to http://system.in-appstore.com/ and put the correct DNS in while connected to wifi just on case the tweak doesn't work. This way your purchase goes through their network and you won't get charged on your iTunes account. I highly highly HIGHLY suggest doing this on wifi just in case. I don't know about the rest of you, but I like that little safety cushion.

Also, you may not see anything pop up when you make an in all purchase...fret not, this is normal for some applications. You have not been charged. As I said before, you should go to the website, install the certificates, and type in the DNS for in-appstore's servers just a bit of a safety cushion so you do not get charged.

Well my main itunes account I also have all fake information on with no credit card so thats my saftey cushion as well as doing this over the wifi but your carrier cant charge you for that.

Tabuu

Tabuu

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
Well my main itunes account I also have all fake information on with no credit card so thats my saftey cushion as well as doing this over the wifi but your carrier cant charge you for that.

Smart, very smart. The only reason I was practically ******** myself is that the iTunes account I have on my phone is the family iTunes account and it has somewhere around $130 on it.

Durango Specs

Durango Specs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Any app that has an in store purchase option such as temple run, hill climb, tap tap, etc...
What device are you on and what IOS are you running? also what game are you trying to do it with?
iphone 4 ios 6.0.1 and when i add the source i get a error

murph fish

murph fish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
iphone 4 ios 6.0.1 and when i add the source i get a error
could just be a cydia error try a device reboot if not check to make sure it is spelled correctly if not try again tomorrow cydia is full of errors this week.

xxx3man

Gold Standard

Veni, Vedi, Vici
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks Brah!! Just tried a few apps. No apps by Tiny Co work but I found that a game called dead trigger works. You should update the thread and post apps that work and apps that don't :smile: and Thanks again BTW

murph fish

murph fish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks Brah!! Just tried a few apps. No apps by Tiny Co work but I found that a game called dead trigger works. You should update the thread and post apps that work and apps that don't :smile: and Thanks again BTW
My bottom most note is apps that don't work glad I could help!

Tabuu

Tabuu

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
Does this work on Tower Defense HD 1.4.2 iphone 5 ?

Try it out. If it prompts you for purchase like a regular in-app purchase then it won't work for that app. If it does work then great. :biggrin:

Justin

Justin

#mmNation
End of the Year 2012 End of the Year 2014 Mythical Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Any in app store purchase will work huh? So you're telling me it'll work with apps that checks the server before giving you the items?

IAPFree is what everyone uses for this though.

Tabuu

Tabuu

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
Any in app store purchase will work huh? So you're telling me it'll work with apps that checks the server before giving you the items?

IAPFree is what everyone uses for this though.

I don't like IAPFree. Let me give you a bit of background into how this tweak works. This exploit works by generating a fake apple receipt through in-appstore's servers. It then submits the fake receipt to the application confirming the purchase. To make sure this exploit works perfectly, you install the two certificates and change the DNS while on wifi. Those two certificates sign the fake apple receipt. Those certificates make it so the app cannot tell the difference. The only problem with this exploit is that apple does not receive a copy of the receipt. So any purchases you make in an app will not be available again after you restore your phone, unless you restore from back up. For example, I used this exploit to get the two in-app purchases from the Adobe Photoshop application. Since then I have gotten a new iPhone and restored it multiple times, but the two in-app download contents are still unlocked. I suggest using this over IAPFree, it's just a bit smoother and eventually it will work without a jailbreak. If you are on iOS 5.1.1 or below, it already works without a jailbreak.

Top Bottom
Login
Register