What's new

Tutorial How to get f.lux without a jailbreak!

• Thread starter Jamdoogen
  • Start date
  • Views 1,689
Jamdoogen

Jamdoogen

Let's turn forever, you and me
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey guys!

So earlier last week i got this and i have to say, it is amazing how much it changes the screen. At night when you are tired and need a low brightness, this is the perfect app for you!

(Things to note about my tutorial) I am using a virtual machine, but this should not affect anything.

So things that you are going to need:

A Mac and/or Macbook ~ You can make a virtual machine one from my thread (http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/thr...and-virtual-box-os-x-el-capitan-1-11.1447740/ )

Xcode (either app store or apple developer version (currently in 7.3))

A device with you + Wire (OR A DEVELOPER PROFILE ~ £79/100 per year - No device needed)

This .xcodeproject (http://www.mediafire.com/download/c2oo74ob03o6cjp/f.lux-master.zip )

VIRUS TEST: (https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/...a513ce2a32b291aca004fa2f/analysis/1454965648/ - 0/54 CLEAN! )
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, so to start off, once you have your Mac on, locate your project.
8rbZIk3.jpg

Then double click it and open it. (iflux.xcodeproj) NOTE: You will see something like this. The top line of user input is changed due to a later process. If you have a different name for bundle identifier it is ok.
5MqMZXQ.png

So once you have opened it, now is the time to start editing it, for the process we need to edit the following things:
Bundle Identifier
Team (More on this later)
Deployment Target (Optional ~ Recommended to iOS 9.x.x

To start off with i am going to edit the team option, you will need to have a Apple ID and a registered developer option to it. (If you do not have this then please register on the Apple website)

As you can see here, i have 2 profiles showing. You wont have any so select the + Button at the bottom left corner to add a Apple ID.
7Bh3LLy.png

Once your account is on here, you need to click details at the bottom right, then click iOS Development at the top (first one) and click add! ( I have multiple because i have made a few apps ~ HMU if you want the source code / .xcodeproj)

94t5wwn.png

Once you have done this, you can close out of the team tabs completely, So now we need to edit the bundle identifier. I changed mine to something like this, Feel free to edit it to what ever but i recommend making it easy to know what it is!

pSXtFSh.png

Now once you have done this, you should have a error like "No provisioning profiles were found", As you would expect, you need to click Fix issue.

Now you will need to plug in your iDevice and at the top left where it says "iFlux > Generic Device", Click the generic device and select your device. One you have done this, go to the product tab (Mac bar) and click Archive. (If you have any issues, please comment them on this thread.)

Due to me being in a virtual box i cannot show this, but once it has archived, you will be brought a screen like this:

Umk45DL.png

once you are at this screen, you will need to right click and click "Show in Finder". Once you have done this you should be presented with something like this:
Cw2dEsx.jpg

Once you receive this screen, you need to right click the .xcodeproj file and click "Show contents".
Then Navigate to Products > Applications > and you are presented with *name*.app
UWaxOjQ.jpg

Then move the .app file to your desktop. Then to load this onto your iDevice, you need to go into the Mac window and select Devices, then select your device.

cwkE53S.png

At the bottom of Installed apps you will see the +. Click that and navigate to your .app file! And there you go. But things to note is that it will ask you to trust the developer. To do this go to your Device, Settings > Device Management. you will see your Email. Click it and where it says "Trust" click that. (Sorry i cant share screen shots this is already done on my device)

There you go! you now officially have F.lux on your iDevice, move the scroll bars to adjust the tint of the screen to ease your eyes! You can even close the app and it will run in the background.

hfjrAzF.png

Thank you for reading this tutorial, this took me a while to show and upload so a like is appreciated :tongue:

Hende

Hende

PC Master Race
Free Hoster Grizzled Veteran A Milli
Reaction score
Sin$
I did everything but when i move the sliders i get no change :frown:

Videogamedingus

Videogamedingus

aesthetic
Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
IOS 9.3.1
Sadly you aren't on an iOS that can be jailbroken. I didn't know that the iPhone 5 didn't receive Night Shift until you said this so thanks for the info.

Hende

Hende

PC Master Race
Free Hoster Grizzled Veteran A Milli
Reaction score
Sin$
Sadly you aren't on an iOS that can be jailbroken. I didn't know that the iPhone 5 didn't receive Night Shift until you said this so thanks for the info.
Yea, i'm still waiting for jailbreak news but there hasn't been a release in ages :cry:
I think only 64bit iphones got it, so everything above the iphone 5

Jamdoogen

Jamdoogen

Let's turn forever, you and me
Reaction score
Sin$
Yea, i'm still waiting for jailbreak news but there hasn't been a release in ages :cry:
I think only 64bit iphones got it, so everything above the iphone 5
Pray that a kernal exploit will get released :tongue:

Top Bottom
Login
Register