• Thread starter Jake790
  • Start date
  • Views 6,215
Jake790

Jake790

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
To the mods that see this thread I understand this is not a glitch at all and I ain't 100% Sure where to post this and for the people that know about this already please don't flame my thread saying "OHHH I ALREADEH KNEH BOUT DIS!!! LOLOLOL" As you will be wasting your time commenting and instead making yourself look like an idiot. With that said let's continue.

I'm sure some of you know about those quarantine patrols on Plaguelands right? Or if you don't... Do them! Trust me!.

If you see one when you're wondering around the Plaguelands go and do it because the rewards is... GREAT!

The captain that spawns when you have to go and defend a certain area can drop either 1 Blue engram (You mostly get this all the time) OR 2 Blue Engrams OR A legendary Engram. Once you do it just go back to orbit and find it again! Trust me you're not wasting your time. I currently have all this in my vault. Just go through my pictures.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/P0W3RFUL JAKE/screenshots (Those are all the engrams I have gotten from doing these patrols besides the exotic engram lol. I reckon it's the best way to getting a higher light level besides Archon's Forge)

Have fun! I'd mess around before Bungie nerfs another useful farm method.

Saby

Saby

Paronomasia
Retired
AzzidReign Jr Scaling the Mountain Video Connoisseur
Reaction score
Sin$
To be honest it's not even a very practical farming method to begin with. To elaborate with the first paragraph this could've been posted in the main forum. If anything the post looks worse when inputting the sentences for the rest of the body. Members know the rules and should know better. If not let mods do their job by reporting and moving on.

Returning to the original point of commenting, there are a couple better ways of farming especially engrams. Because like most everyone wants to be raid ready. So getting engrams will only get you so far nowadays. Turning in rare blues only nets up to 340 light, while legendary purples for 365. If anything they'll just be wasted and it's better to go for an easier route. That being said I did an Omnigul farm and achieved 365 under two hours (originally at 350 prior).

Overall, I highly doubt Bungie will patch this as it's really not that huge of an exploit. Currently, their attention is fixing the raid and Archon's Forge. Otherwise enjoy ranking up the Cryptarch for useless loot on top of the useless loot that's turned in.

Jake790

Jake790

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
To be honest it's not even a very practical farming method to begin with. To elaborate with the first paragraph this could've been posted in the main forum. If anything the post looks worse when inputting the sentences for the rest of the body. Members know the rules and should know better. If not let mods do their job by reporting and moving on.

Returning to the original point of commenting, there are a couple better ways of farming especially engrams. Because like most everyone wants to be raid ready. So getting engrams will only get you so far nowadays. Turning in rare blues only nets up to 340 light, while legendary purples for 365. If anything they'll just be wasted and it's better to go for an easier route. That being said I did an Omnigul farm and achieved 365 under two hours (originally at 350 prior).

Overall, I highly doubt Bungie will patch this as it's really not that huge of an exploit. Currently, their attention is fixing the raid and Archon's Forge. Otherwise enjoy ranking up the Cryptarch for useless loot on top of the useless loot that's turned in.
Most people (Like me) don't have friends for this game so people like me have no choice but to do this oh and thanks for telling me how you got to 365 in less than 2 hours as that has nothing to do with the thread so that was pointless.

also about the omnigul farm like I said above not everyone has friends to do it with. The only choice many of us got is to go farm engrams alone due to the fact people on those Destiny LFG websites don't seem to want to help people below 360 (I'm 352 because all I do is farm and trying to get stronger)

Another thing I said is doing these may net you blue engrams (To you they are pointless but to me they ain't) but doing this patrol mission can get you legendarys more faster than Archon's Forge would do as I have done Archon's forge more than 10 times now and I have noticed I get more legendarys from this patrol mission than I do with Archon's forge and the only reason I posted this thread is because I got tired of seeing the same rubbish being posted over and over on Youtube Videos so I wanted to post something new for a change.

Saby

Saby

Paronomasia
Retired
AzzidReign Jr Scaling the Mountain Video Connoisseur
Reaction score
Sin$
Most people (Like me) don't have friends for this game so people like me have no choice but to do this oh and thanks for telling me how you got to 365 in less than 2 hours as that has nothing to do with the thread so that was pointless.

also about the omnigul farm like I said above not everyone has friends to do it with. The only choice many of us got is to go farm engrams alone due to the fact people on those Destiny LFG websites don't seem to want to help people below 360 (I'm 352 because all I do is farm and trying to get stronger)

Another thing I said is doing these may net you blue engrams (To you they are pointless but to me they ain't) but doing this patrol mission can get you legendarys more faster than Archon's Forge would do as I have done Archon's forge more than 10 times now and I have noticed I get more legendarys from this patrol mission than I do with Archon's forge and the only reason I posted this thread is because I got tired of seeing the same rubbish being posted over and over on Youtube Videos so I wanted to post something new for a change.

Being the fact that you have nobody to play with I can assess that and the best solution is to run the weekly heroic strikes playlist. (Blue boss loot always drops higher than blue decryption engrams). But the sheer drop rate of legendary engrams doesn't guarantee anything higher. Bungie has stated that within one of their updates. So netting blues does nothing for you and potentially a legendary that once again may have no adverse effect. So instead of being ignorant try and ask around instead. There's a support section with a couple dedicated people that typically answer it when they're on.

But going on to the point of stating that this wasn't apart of the thread was foolish. Because the whole reason you're doing it in the first place is rank each character's light up. To finish everyone knows Archon's Forge drop rate is horrible, that's why there's typically nobody is there unless for specific patrols/quests. If you want help or better advice just ask within the support section. Heck send a pm to my inbox I'll help you, even more so if you're on Xbox One.

Made in Australia
Reaction score
Sin$
Like Saby Saby stated this isn't a glitch nor is it a great way to rank up, you can farm omnigul without friends or a teammate also blues only go to 340, legendaries go to 365, the quickest way i ranked up solo was farming heroic strike playlist and saving my faction packages till i couldn't get any higher. Factions and Vanguard drop up to 385.

Y

Your Moms Wonky

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Useless thread....And OP clearly knew it was,Which is why he begged people not to flame his post...lmao some peoples kids these days I swear..

Top Bottom
Login
Register