• Thread starter Sparkystealth
  • Start date
  • Views 8,605
Sparkystealth

Sparkystealth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
This is pretty basic stuff but for those of you who don't know I'm posting this for you to hopefully lower the costs of future costs.

There's two ways this works,

1. 2 people share 1 DLC
2. 3 people share 1 DLC

Once the steps are completed all 3 users will have the content they purchased and be able to use it without they original owner account being on and without a risk of a ban.

Requirements:
- 1 or 2 friends with XBL
- Previously downloaded DLC or DLC to be downloaded.

Steps:

1. Have one of your friends who is redeeming a code or buying something with MS points *Friend A* recover his GT on *Friend B's* account. Once this is finished move on to step two.

2. Friend B will choose the content of his choice that everyone wants. "In this sense you guys can slash the price of the content and any other future content in three ways or if your friend is legit for free." Download the content. Now Those two friends are set. These two steps can be just for two people but if you want the third account to gain something then move on to step 3.

3. You will now recover the friends GT who downloaded his account onto the other friends xbox. Recover his GT. Preform a license transfer and download whatever he downloaded now and in the past. This also works for all future downloads that the user preforms.

4. After that all the users can recover their own GT's and proceed to use the content they downloaded freely.

Things I tested with:

Guitar hero songs
Rock band songs
Arcade Games
Halo maps
gears maps
Gears weapon skins
Gears Season pass
This can be used for any downloadable content

FAQ:

Will I get Banned?
No

Will the content ever go away?
The only way they will go away is if you get a new xbox

How long will this last?
Look above

Is this a great way to save cash?
Yes.

I hope you all enjoy and hope this makes your wallet a bit more heavier.

Alex

Alex

chazbae
Retired
Frame In Gold Legendary Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Person 1 add points
Person 2 recovers Person 1 GT
Person 2 uses Person 1 GT to buy content
Person 3 recovers Person 1 GT and does a license transfer and downloads content
Person 1 recovers GT and downloads content

So doing this all three people get the content or am I missing something?

Sparkystealth

Sparkystealth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
But wouldn't it all go wrong when Person 3 license transfers? Person 2 would lose the license and the content would not work or become a trial.

Repped ya.
Well no, all three people would be able to use the content without any effect on the other people who used the DLC. Otherwise I wouldn't understand how me and my friends would be playing GOW2 or Halo maps while we would all be on. :smile:

However if you get a new xbox this would only effect you and not the other two people.

And thanks for the rep. :smile:

i13thSTAR

i13thSTAR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Basically all 3 are given permission to use the contents.

1. Gamertag - The person who buys it can always use it what ever xbox they are on.
2. The Xbox Con - any user is able to use the DLC on the xbox it was payed for on first.
3 License Transfer - any user can use the DLC on an xbox with a License from a gamertag which has payed for it.

I did the License transfer for my friend the other day after his original account being banned on his xbox, comes in pretty handy!

Sparkystealth

Sparkystealth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

1. Gamertag - The person who buys it can always use it what ever xbox they are on.
2. The Xbox Con - any user is able to use the DLC on the xbox it was payed for on first.
3 License Transfer - any user can use the DLC on an xbox with a License from a gamertag which has payed for it.

I did the License transfer for my friend the other day after his original account being banned on his xbox, comes in pretty handy!
That would be the best way to explain it. :smile:

And yes, very handy.

Alex

Alex

chazbae
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$

Can only do it like twice every 12 months though which sucks.

Sparkystealth

Sparkystealth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Can only do it like twice every 12 months though which sucks.

Within that time the user who license transfered still has all rights to download anything the friend who originally bought the DLC gets. Therefore there's no need to do it again for several products, you can recover the account and redownload the history.

crovean

crovean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You should really rename this tut to "How to get banned for marketplace theft"

swedish baker11

swedish baker11

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You should really rename this tut to "How to get banned for marketplace theft"

You can only get banned if you use GOD Profiles for free games.

MS put license transfer on there in case you need content on another xbox.

Sparkystealth

Sparkystealth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Lots of people mistakenly got banned for this. Research pl0x. The so called error M$ still left people banned.

Lots of people also manipulate their account and from that could put the blame on a license transfer for a free map pack. But I'll go half with you, there may be a "slight" chance but it's highly unlikely.

Alex

Alex

chazbae
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Lots of people mistakenly got banned for this. Research pl0x. The so called error M$ still left people banned.

That was to do with legitimate consoles failing the AP 2.5 checks. It wasn't accounts bans that got lifted it was console bans.

J

JVzM

Reaction score
Sin$
Does this still work as of today? Because I really want to try this with my friends....
And also between steps 2 and 3, should *Friend A* recover his account on his xbox, download his own dlc to his own xbox, then he performs the license transfer with *Friend C*?

Ecko_1223

Ecko_1223

This motto is the bee's knees
Reporter Services Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Does this still work as of today? Because I really want to try this with my friends....
And also between steps 2 and 3, should *Friend A* recover his account on his xbox, download his own dlc to his own xbox, then he performs the license transfer with *Friend C*?

Right let's say friend A has the points and wants to give them to his other friends B and C, Friend B would download friend A's profile onto his xbox, Now friend B would purchase the content they both decided on, Now once that has been done friend B will download the content off the profile onto his xbox, Now when he has done that friend C will download friend A's profile and hit the license transfer button on the account settings, He will need to download the content of friend A's profile like B had to, Now both B and C have the content, A will need to go onto his profile and check his download history and just download the content as normal.

This does work still

NYYstateofmind

NYYstateofmind

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
when you do a license transfer its going to take the content from friend B and give it to friend C

Top Bottom
Login
Register