What's new

Tutorial How to get any GoD for FREE* (No JTAG)

Kira

Kira

Legendary Veteran Video Connoisseur Fabled Veteran
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
So, you want to get a Game on Demand for free on a retail console, but you can't find anything and you see posts saying it's not possible? Think again! I found this one night when my ex and I were messing around on our Xbox's. You will not need the second account after this, nor will you be license transferring! Here's what you'll need.

1. Account with the GoD you want.
2. Your account(duh).
3. Enough space on your HDD or save device.
4. Physical copy of the game*.​

Now, you're thinking, "Why would I even want to try this if I have a physical copy of the game already?" The answer is this, you can go to any GameStop and purchase a used copy, then return it afterwards and still be able to play it! Here's what you'll need to do.
Step 1
While on the account in which you'd like to play the game on, insert your game disc that you're receiving from the second account. Go to "My Games" and press "X" for "Game Details" and install the game onto your hard drive.
Step 2
After you have successfully installed the game onto your hard drive, go ahead and take it out and put it back in the case. You won't be needing it anymore now. Sign into the second profile that has the GoD(the digital copy of what you just installed) and go to the "Account Settings", then you're going to want to go to "Download History". Find the game in the history(or just go to the GoD section of the marketplace and download it there) and download it.
Step 3
Upon completion of the download, sign out of the account then go to "System Settings" and then go to your memory device. Go to "Profiles" and delete JUST THE PROFILE you downloaded the GoD from.
Step 4
Sign back into the initial account and go to "My Games". You should now be able to launch game without having the disc and not needed to waste your money! Go ahead and just take the physical copy back and you're good to go!​

I did this with The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and I no longer need to use the disc and I did not do a license transfer, nor did I buy the GoD on my account. If you found this tutorial helpful in any way, feel free to leave a "Thanks". It's not required, but greatly appreciated!

NOTE: If you repost this tutorial on any other site, please give credit where credit is due.
Doesn't work with 2 disc games :frown:
BE SURE TO READ THE COMMON QUESTIONS BEFORE POSTING! YOUR QUESTION MAY HAVE ALREADY BEEN ANSWERED!
Q:"Does this put the game in the first profiles download history?"
A: No, it does not, however, it does enable you to play the game until deleted from the save device.

Q: "Do I need to license transfer anything?"
A: No, you are not license transferring in any way, shape, or form. Simply downloading their already purchased game.

Q: "Why do I need to buy the game in order to do this?"
A: You need to be able to install the game to your save device before downloading the second accounts Game on Demand. I don't know why, but I think it allows it to pass the copyright check.

Q: "Can I be banned for this?"
A: I honestly have no idea. You're technically buying the game, but later returning it to place of purchase. I don't see how they would be able to confirm that you don't have a legitimate copy at this point. I'm still online and playing, so I assume it's safe.

Q: "What if I don't have enough space on my save device?"
A: Sorry to say, but it's either delete some things...or you're S.O.L.

Q: "What if my friend doesn't have the game and we both want it?"
A: Then you're going to need to find a willing person(s) whom will let you recover there account to perform this.

Q: "Does this work with two disc games?"
A: Sorry, but the answer is no...it does not.

Last edited:
Mr_Viking

Mr_Viking

Enthusiast
Programmer
Reaction score
Sin$
Been doing this for years, works with DLC to! good TuT for people that don't know tho, but you don't need the disk of the game you can just download it with the other persons account

C S R

C S R

Contributor
Stickied Video Connoisseur Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks for the tutorial! I never have harddrive space, so I couldn't really use this. :tongue:

Pie

Pie

hotdog
Retired
Beginning of An Odyssey Frame In Gold Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Question: Would it be in your main accounts download history for the GOD?

Pie

Pie

hotdog
Retired
Beginning of An Odyssey Frame In Gold Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Everything you download goes into download history i.e games,DLC,themes ect....

I know that but I was a bit confused when thinking about it. I understand! Sweet, now to find someone who has GTA V GOD :tongue:

Kira

Kira

Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Been doing this for years, works with DLC to! good TuT for people that don't know tho, but you don't need the disk of the game you can just download it with the other persons account

This is the way to where you don't need to be signed onto another account or license transfer anything. :wink:

Mr_Viking

Mr_Viking

Enthusiast
Programmer
Reaction score
Sin$
This is the way to where you don't need to be signed onto another account or license transfer anything. :wink:

It does license transfer when you do it your way that's why it takes like 5 secs to download because it just downloads their license to your xbox

Kira

Kira

Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks for the tutorial! I never have harddrive space, so I couldn't really use this. :tongue:

I've got a 250GB hard drive that originally came with the Slim, and I've got 4.2GB left on it from downloads. XD I had to format my old laptops hard drive and use that as well. 
It does license transfer when you do it your way that's why it takes like 5 secs to download because it just downloads their license to your xbox

No, you are not license transferring in any way, shape, or form. I never stated that it would download instantly either...

C S R

C S R

Contributor
Stickied Video Connoisseur Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
I've got a 250GB hard drive that originally came with the Slim, and I've got 4.2GB left on it from downloads. XD I had to format my old laptops hard drive and use that as well.
That sounds like a pretty good idea. XD

Mr_Viking

Mr_Viking

Enthusiast
Programmer
Reaction score
Sin$

No, you are not license transferring in any way, shape, or form. I never stated that it would download instantly either...

It transfers their license to your xbox that's why you can play it with out being signed into their account & i didn't say you did

Kira

Kira

Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
It transfers their license to your xbox that's why you can play it with out being signed into their account & i didn't say you did

Then where did you get the idea that it would download instantly? It didn't do that for me...

Mr_Viking

Mr_Viking

Enthusiast
Programmer
Reaction score
Sin$
Then where did you get the idea that it would download instantly? It didn't do that for me...

It does for me takes like 5 seconds max done it with a few games, DLC takes longer because you have to download the whole thing unless you already have it

ShaoCrynsos

ShaoCrynsos

Reaction score
Sin$
>1. Account with the GoD you want.
So the account needs to have the game already purchased? Whats the point of this?

Kira

Kira

Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
So the account needs to have the game already purchased? Whats the point of this?

In other words, you can use your friends or willing persons account to get the game for free. No need to actually buy the game and keep it.

Mr_Viking

Mr_Viking

Enthusiast
Programmer
Reaction score
Sin$

Say your friend has minecraft and you want it if you use this you will be able to play it online without paying for it

Kira

Kira

Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Say your friend has minecraft and you want it if you use this you will be able to play it online without paying for it

That's only if you license transfer it. You are not license transferring for this. This tutorial is also for Games on Demand, not for Arcade Games.

Mr_Viking

Mr_Viking

Enthusiast
Programmer
Reaction score
Sin$
That's only if you license transfer it. You are not license transferring for this. This tutorial is also for Games on Demand, not for Arcade Games.

It works for both and yes it does put the license for it on your xbox otherwise you would need their account every time you wanted to use it

Kira

Kira

Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
It works for both and yes it does put the license for it on your xbox otherwise you would need their account every time you wanted to use it

No it does not. You are not doing a license transfer. Simply redownloading something that a person has previously downloaded does not transfer the license over to the Xbox. -_-

Top Bottom
Login
Register