What's new

Tutorial How to get a free Developer account for installing Emulators/Homebrew to your Xbox One

Red

VIP
Retired
Reaction score
If you're in High School or College you likely have a school email address. Which most of you may already know can be used for a ton of free/discounted goodies around the internet, the Xbox One isn't much different. We can use this account to obtain a free dev account/license for use in installing emulators/basic homebrew to your system without needing to pay the $20 fee

You will of course need a school-issued email address for this to work? If you don't have one but need one DM me as you can get them quite easily now and I can direct you in the right direction :smile:

1. Go to this Azure Student Starter kit website and click activate, and sign in with your student account, and once you click the activate button simply follow the prompts to finish signing up for Azure
  2. After signing up you should find yourself in the Azure Education Hub, now navigate to the sidebar, open the overview pane(if it isn't already open) and click "See all software"

3. Now search for and select "Microsoft Store
  4. Select view key and copy the key using copy and paste, to add it to your systems "clipboard" or write it down somewhere safe
  5. Now sign out of your School Microsoft account, and go to the Microsoft Partner Center here, and sign in with the Microsoft account that is associated with your Xbox One. Than once you've signed in click on the Dashboard button on the top right of the website
  6. Scroll down to "Windows & Xbox" and underneath that, click "Get started".

7. Click Sign up now
  8. Follow the prompts until it asks you to pay the $20 registration fee. Once you see this it is time for you to enter the promo code that you received from step 4 to bring this cost down to the low low price of Free!
  9. ???
  10. Profit
Still, need help? Join our discord server here for support

Slim Shady

Live In Your World M0D IN OURS
Retired
Reaction score
great tutorial mate.

elbowdonke

Reaction score
I was able to get an account using an .edu address, but it doesn't look like the Microsoft Store is part of this any more. Searching for "Microsoft Store" or even just "store" and there are no results.

Am I missing something?

Munjaro

Reaction score
I was able to get an account using an .edu address, but it doesn't look like the Microsoft Store is part of this any more. Searching for "Microsoft Store" or even just "store" and there are no results.

Am I missing something?
I'm having the same problem and going to the discord just led to silence

Top Bottom