What's new

Discussion How to get a Data Migration Kit for FREE!

• Thread starter mrslayer
  • Start date
  • Views 7,575
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mrslayer

Reaction score
Sin$
OK to all of you that don't know. A Data Migration kit is a Transfer Cable used to Transfer you're data from one XBox 360 HDD to another Xbox 360 HDD.

Step 1:Calling Microsoft.
OK the number for Microsoft is 1-800-469-9209 or 1-800-4myxobox. OK call the number and when the girl asks why you are calling just say a bunch of random things to get her to transfer you to a representative. Note:frown:Try not to Say vulgar things cause sometimes they do record you're call.) OK next when you are connected to a person MAKE SURE THEY ARE FROM THE US OR CAN SPEAK PERFECT ENGLISH.If you don't she wont understand what you are saying and still make you pay for it. If you want to pay 12.50$ US then go for it but if not Hang up and call back till you get one that is from this country.

Step 2:Getting the Cable.
OK in this step you may need to Lie so if you don't want to do this then do it anyway cause the most trouble you could get in is them finding out you are lieing and you hanging up really fast and calling again :tongue:
OK you need to know a Few things to do this step:
Street Address - So you can tell them where to send it to.
Phone Number - So they can call you if anything goes wrong with the shipping etc.
Xbox 360 Serial Number - If you don't know where this is I will post at the bottom of this post how to find it.
Common Since - DUH..

OK once you have all of that tell the Representative that you just got a Xbox 360 HDD don't even say what size if they ask anything over 20 GIG such as 60 GIG or 120 GIG just in case you did not know. O and if they ask where you got it just say GamStop.
Then tell them you need a Data Migration Kit. Then they should ask for you're Serial Number and they they will ask a Few questions about the account and so on and after all of that they will put you on hold and tell you it will Arrive at you're house Sometime before 10-12 Days. (If it takes any longer then that call back and use the Reference Number so yes Actually Write it down)

That's it! Congrats! you have a Data Migration Kit For Free! Just to put this out there this dose work cause I just did this about 5 Minuets Ago so if you say it doesn't then that's just too bad for you.

How to find you're Xbox 360 Serial Number:
Just for the people that do not know If you do know then don't Look here or you're Head will Explode!

Under the Faceplate: (Not I am not Responsible for anyone Breaking there Box 360 FacePlate........So yea I won't buy you a New one.)
OK the First way to find it is under the faceplate of you're Xbox 360.
OK TURN YOUR XBOX OFF IF IT IS ON If you don't it will Scratch the Crap out of any disc in there.

Next Carefully pull on the Faceplate of the xbox and it should just pop Right off.
Then look for the white sticker with some Numbers on it that's you're Serial Number Write it down.

On the Dashboard:
OK this one it alot more Simple.
First Turn on you're Xbox 360 and go to System.
Then Go all the way down to System Info.
And there it is the very first Set on Numbers.

On the Back of the Xbox 360:
OK this one is WAY MORE SIMPLE.
First TURN OFF YOU'RE XBOX.
Then Turn it over and there should be a Blackish Grey Sticker With a White sticker on it that says you're Serial Number.
And there you go.

If any of these are just too much for you to handle Maybe you should not be trying to do this TuT cause you are missing the Most important Part Common Since.

There you go that's Two Tut's in one. If there already is a TuT like this I sure have not seen it or it just did not work for me.

Credits:Me 98% Microsoft 1%(For the Free Cable)

That's just about it if you have any Problem's the Post them here or Re read the TUT.

iiTz MaGiiC

iiTz MaGiiC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
They will only send it to you for free if your xbox is under warranty.

M

mrslayer

Reaction score
Sin$
Not true you must have talked to someone that you really couldent under stand.
If you buy a new HDD and you do not get the cable with it they will send you another one you just need to make sure they understand what you are saying couse my xbox is long over it warranty and the looked up my account and everything.

M

mrslayer

Reaction score
Sin$
?? what's with the :cursing: need help? just ask.

M

mrslayer

Reaction score
Sin$
B3ast Inside said:
How many times did it take u o.o

A couple time to be honest but just keep calling you will find someone that will speak english. :thumbup:

S

Sfunx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
There's already been multiple topics about this in the Discussion part. Just saying. And yes this works, just don't be a ****, got mine first try.

M

mrslayer

Reaction score
Sin$
Oh I'm sorry I did not know that. and what do you mean by don't be a ****? I was not trying to be one sorry if I was.

B

BruteShanker

Reaction score
Sin$
ohk iv tried a few times but everytime i call they ask what harddrive i just bought and iv tried various responses but it all ends up with me being asked to purchase one from them. What should i tell em?

I FINALLY GOT THEM TO ORDER MINE!!!!!! apparently most of the reps will tell u that u can no longer get them free. So i called many, many, many times trying various stories. It finally worked after i told the guy that i purchased a 120gig hard drive and that the hard drive came with a cd but no cable. he took my info and after 10min ish of "processing" he said my cable was on the way! WHOOOOOOHHH!! time to fly in cod4

S

SlaYoRz

I like it
Reaction score
Sin$
I just got an Indian guy to send me a transfer cable. He did not even ask for my serial number.

H

Hylands

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I just called and got the guy to send it to me. Basically, if you live in Canada, they can ship it to you for free. So if the guy tells you it's $12.90 and you live in Canada just tell him you live there and he will go check if it's free. He says it will be here in 2-3 business weeks.

C

Creole

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks for this, got it on my first try just said I just bought a new hard drive and that I was under the impression that it comes with a data migration kit but that there wasn't one inside of my package.

E

Emphasis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Creole said:
Thanks for this, got it on my first try just said I just bought a new hard drive and that I was under the impression that it comes with a data migration kit but that there wasn't one inside of my package.

Awesome, thanks for the verification that it still works. Gonna give it a shot later today.

MickIsSick

MickIsSick

Sex, drugs & rock n' roll
Mr. Nice Guy Chatty Kathy
Reaction score
Sin$
Heyy. i got one b4 but i didnt mod bak then but see im irish nd i got a 120g harddrive from america so the transfer disc wudnt work on my xbox so i rang them and told them nd they sent me a new disc with a transfer cable ! soo if u want 1 n ur from america say u got one from ireland !

V

v CoRRuP7ioN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Nice im going to try later today. Thanks:thumbup:

I

inclination

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I called them and they asked for my first name and when I bought my 120 GB HDD. Also, she was apparently checking up something because I said I bought it from gamestop or something.

WTF?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register