What's new

Tutorial How to get a custom gamerpicture!

Rhymey

Rhymey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey everyone, since theres a few threads every now and again about a custom gamerpicture, and I [seem] to have found a way to get it to work.. I decided I'd make a guide on it before some leech beats me to the punch.

So first, let's cover what you'll need-
-Xbox LIVE Vision Camera
-Horizon
-USB/Memory Device
-64x64 and 32x32 .png of your desired new picture

And before you go *****ing [to/at] me for lying and that this doesn't work and blah blah, note this is the equivalent of a personal picture - only your friends can see it. It's literally only one step up from the old way - where only you could see it. I have a few theories I'm going to try later but I cbf for now.

Now that that's out of the way, let's start.

At the xbox:
1) move your profile to your USB/Memory device that you can freely disconnect the memory device..
2) use your xbox live vision cam to take a personal picture as you normally would
3) once you get to the part where you hit accept picture, go to your xbox, and get ready to take out your memory device.
4) press accept, and quickly take out your USB/MD.
5) Sign out of Xbox LIVE.

At the computer:
1) Open horizon, and open your profile in package manager.
2) Go to the "contents" tab.
3) replace pp_64 and pp_32 with your own files you hopefully prepared earlier.
4) Rehash, resign, and go back to your xbox.

At the xbox again!:
1) Sign back in. Right away you should see your own picture being displayed on the sign in menu.
2) Go to edit profile -> gamerpicture -> Personal Picture.
3) Pick the modded picture.
4a08088eea068d553aa450ecfd2864b3.png

The gamerpicture on that tag is from my sig..
The source:
pp_64.png
pp_32.png

And you should be set! Pictures / video coming soon-ish (this weekend, perhaps?)

The Steve

The Steve

Not a Pirate
Retired
Hardened Veteran Legendary Veteran Beginning of An Odyssey
Reaction score
Sin$
I had this theory a long time ago but never got around to testing anything, I am really glad someone someone figured this out and there will probably be a program for this in the future.<br>

Rhymey

Rhymey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I had this theory a long time ago but never got around to testing anything, I am really glad someone someone figured this out and there will probably be a program for this in the future.<br>
Unfortunately no, I don't see a program coming any time soon.. Since you need a vision camera and all..

B

BuLLetproof VIP

Reaction score
Sin$
Do you think a similar method also work with an avatar picture? I was trying to figure this stuff out awhile ago editing my profile but the modded pics world never show up for anyone else

U

Unduplicative

Reaction score
Sin$
I wish I had a Vision Camera.... Also Nice Tut I'll try it when I get a chance

Styx HD

Arianna granede

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
See.... Can anyone Lend me a Xbox Camera? that be a nice thing to do

Top Bottom