What's new

Tutorial How to Ftp to your Xbox

AzzidReign

Man with the plan
Administrator
Reaction score
Learn how to FTP aka connect to your Xbox from your PC and transfer files, apps, emulators, roms, movies, games, etc over to your Xbox.

How to FTP to Your Xbox
Written by AzzidReign​

Requirements:
  • Modified Xbox - Either a modchip or softmod [How to Softmod your Xbox]
  • FTP Client - I'll be using FlashFXP in this guide (one of the best purchases I've ever made)
  • Computer
  • Router - This is how your Xbox and Computer will be "linked" together. This tutorial will only work if you are using a router.

Here's how the router configuration should look like:

A common question: What does FTP mean?! -Answer: FTP means File Transfer Protocol.

Before we get started:
  1. Have the Xbox turned on to your Modded dash (Evox, UnleashX, etc).
  2. Go into the settings>network settings in your modded dash. Change the IP set to DHCP aka Automatic IP on your Xbox.
  3. Make sure you Xbox is connected to your the same router as your computer.
  4. Make note of your Xbox's IP address - write it down if you need to.

Let's begin
  1. Open your FTP program and turn your Xbox on. Be sure you are in your modified dash (EvoX, UnleashX, etc.)
  2. Go to Quick Connect. If you are using FlashFXP, this is what it should look like.
  3. Put your Xbox's IP where it says Server or URL. For username, use xbox. For password, use xbox. That's what it is defaulted to.

When you are connected, this is what it should look like:

Troubleshooting
Q: The connection is timing out, what do I do?
A: Go back to your modded dash, make sure the IP is set to automatic or DHCP. When you change it, be sure that you save and exit or else the settings won't be saved. Once the settings are changed and saved, restart your Xbox and check for your IP again. The IP will be the FIRST IP shown when going into network settings.

Other Tutorials of Interest
FTP to your Halo 2 Maps
How to Mod Halo 2 for Beginners *Pics* *Updated 2018*
How to make a Cheating Mod
How to Create and Apply a PPF Patch
How to Make a PPF - So you can show us YOUR mods!
How to Skin Halo 2
Adding Maps to the MainMenu.map

© AzzidReign Se7enSins

Last edited:

buhbuh513

Reaction score
Um the only thing that confused me was that you had to go into your "modified dash" how do u get that or what is it i am trying to connect for the first time so PLEASE EXPLAIN!!

UndeadGhoul

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
you need a modded dash such as Evo-x,Unleash x,etc to get that you need either mech assualt or 007,splinter cell one of those then follow our tuts on how to softmod or buy a $50 chip

FrknBrngIdiot

Reaction score
Wait a minute.. you need to have your xbox modded to do this? how come I was able to do it without modding it? I got my maps on the comp. without modding my xbox so how did I do that?

Ca$h

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Impossible... You need some sort of hack to ftp, how would u find your ip address?

semperfikp

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FrknBrngIdiot @ Oct 13 2005, 10:35 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Wait a minute.. you need to have your xbox modded to do this? how come I was able to do it without modding it? I got my maps on the comp. without modding my xbox so how did I do that?

[/b][/quote]
did u force an ip onto your xbox?

FrknBrngIdiot

Reaction score
All I did was turn that thing from on to off thats explained in the tutorial and while looking at my xbox's settings saw the ip address so i FTP'D while on the menu and i got in. very weird...

AzzidReign

Man with the plan
Administrator
Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FrknBrngIdiot @ Oct 17 2005, 11:46 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
All I did was turn that thing from on to off thats explained in the tutorial and while looking at my xbox's settings saw the ip address so i FTP'D while on the menu and i got in. very weird...

[/b][/quote]
That means that you were in your modded dash...when you can turn it off or on, then its on the modified dash.

FrknBrngIdiot

Reaction score
But my xbox is not modded. I ran the linux program while playing mechassualt. My xbox is normal with the same normal menu. I FTP'd while running the linux program. Unless your talking about something totally different...

AzzidReign

Man with the plan
Administrator
Reaction score
Ok, well that is another way to FTP to your xbox. Some people prefer that over softmodding their xbox...I personally would rather have my box modded...but thats just my preference. Anyways, you can do it the way you did or by softmodding.

Johnstone2639

Reaction score
ok something is wrong with my xbox or computer because i have ftp'd to my xbox using my cousins computer and it works

on my computer i have everything set up right (correct ip:192.168.1.169, i have the right username and password: xbox,xbox,)

i do not have a crossover cable so i used a router as the crossover

i have used several different ftp programs and still will not connect to my xbox, it says either cannot connect or for SmartFTP it says client closed connection. (my MODDED xbox is turned on)

<span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%">so the next step i took was to go into ms-dos and commanded it to ping(ping 192.168.1.169).</span> <span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%">and its reply was timeout requested, 4 times.</span>

so i know that the computer is not reading the xbox

will somebody please reply with help or suggestions.

thanks

AzzidReign

Man with the plan
Administrator
Reaction score
Make sure you check your xbox's ip again. Just cuz that ip was at your cuz's house doesnt mean it will work at yours.

OVERM1ND

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Your xbox will have a different IP depending on what network it is connected to, so double check and make sure that you still have the right IP for it, as it may have changed.

Johnstone2639

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OVERM1ND @ Oct 21 2005, 03:58 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Your xbox will have a different IP depending on what network it is connected to, so double check and make sure that you still have the right IP for it, as it may have changed.
[/b][/quote]

but it wont let me connect to a network so i dont know if the ip will change or not.

Reaction score
WinSock 2.0 -- OpenSSL 0.9.7g 11 Apr 2005
[R] Connecting to 192.168.0.2 -> IP=192.168.0.2 PORT=21
[R] Connected to 192.168.0.2
[R] Connection failed (Connection lost)
[R] Delaying for 2 seconds before reconnect attempt #1
[R] Connecting to 192.168.0.2 -> IP=192.168.0.2 PORT=21 (attempt # 1)
[R] Delaying for 2 seconds before reconnect attempt #2
[R] Connecting to 192.168.0.2 -> IP=192.168.0.2 PORT=21 (attempt # 2)
[R] Delaying for 2 seconds before reconnect attempt #3
[R] Connecting to 192.168.0.2 -> IP=192.168.0.2 PORT=21 (attempt # 3)
[R] Delaying for 2 seconds before reconnect attempt #4
[R] Connecting to 192.168.0.2 -> IP=192.168.0.2 PORT=21 (attempt # 4)
[R] Delaying for 2 seconds before reconnect attempt #5
[R] Connecting to 192.168.0.2 -> IP=192.168.0.2 PORT=21 (attempt # 5)
[R] Delaying for 2 seconds before reconnect attempt #6
[R] Connecting to 192.168.0.2 -> IP=192.168.0.2 PORT=21 (attempt # 6)

could somehelp me with this i put the rite IP address in it and rite user name and pass and it still wont work

AzzidReign

Man with the plan
Administrator
Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GruntwithaBlunt @ Oct 26 2005, 08:47 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[R] Connecting to 192.168.0.2 -> IP=192.168.0.2 PORT=21
[/b][/quote]
I'll tell you one thing right now bud...you didn't put in the right ip. 192.168.0.2 is the default. Is your xbox modded? It needs to be. Then you have to find the ip of your xbox...if you are using a linksys router, then it will look like this: 192.168.1.102

So, I highly doubt that you did everything right.

Reaction score
ok my x box is softmodded and i used the splintercell thing and i put it off static i looked for my ip address and i couldent find it cauze if its in network i looked and it said it was 0.0.0.0 i have a d-link 624

AzzidReign

Man with the plan
Administrator
Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GruntwithaBlunt @ Oct 28 2005, 03:20 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
ok my x box is softmodded and i used the splintercell thing and i put it off static i looked for my ip address and i couldent find it cauze if its in network i looked and it said it was 0.0.0.0 i have a d-link 624
[/b][/quote]
When it says 0.0.0.0, that means you are not connected to the network. Make sure all the wires are connected properly and then restart your xbox.

OVERM1ND

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GruntwithaBlunt @ Oct 28 2005, 04:20 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]

It might also help to set your xbox's IP to DHCP if you are having problems getting it an IP. This will tell your router to automatically assign an ip to your box.

Top Bottom