Not open for further replies.
wan5

wan5

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Posted from xbl-hackers.co.uk

Taking advantage of the Halo 3 netcode

Ok well I take it most of you are familiar with how forcing host in Halo 2 worked, it is very similar in halo 3, in fact im almost certain this method would also work with halo 2 regardless of the new protection people keep mentioning.

What you need,

An xbox 360 connected to Live using ICS.
Commview
ZoneAlarm Firewall.

First off get your intended host to invite you to a lobby, open commview and start monitoring the ethernet that your xbox is conected to. Once your intended host speaks his IP will be visable in commview, make a note of this.
Open Zonealarm and input the following IP range into your trusted zone, 65.59.234.1 - 65.59.234.255 and then add your intended hosts IP.

To test that your settings are correct, when in the lobby with intended host turn your firewall to full and if you can still talk to your host then that is working, to check to make sure you have correctly entered Bungie and Microsofts IP range, simply leave the lobby and try searching for a matcmade game. If you CAN NOT find a game, all is working well.

This works 100% in social games, ranked is a different story, had some success but need more testers.

Props to BrockSamson for discovering this method on Halo 2, me (wan5) for reworking it for H3 and Giny for the many hours of testing so far to bring you this method.

Now all we need is mods for host to work with!

Original topic - Board Message

Of couse using this allows you to kick other players, team standby etc etc, drop by xbl-hackers to give props/hates!

wan5

wan5

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
TerminatioN said:
Someone test this?

Is my good name not enough? Ah well, i guess i will have to wait for one of you guys to confirm before i get my thanks then! :cry2:

M

MunneY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
this is identical as to how to bridge host in h2 except that you add all the bungie ip's 1-255...

its not that new and it will get you banned, because its highly detectable,

but dont take my word for it, just go for it and dont come back cryin when that hammer drop

wan5

wan5

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
jmunney said:
this is identical as to how to bridge host in h2 except that you add all the bungie ip's 1-255...

its not that new and it will get you banned, because its highly detectable,

but dont take my word for it, just go for it and dont come back cryin when that hammer drop

Im not taking your word for it, i have been giving host for around 2 weeks, the way bugie detected bridging as you guys call it, was by slipping a few packets across on a different IP, this covers all Bungies current an future IP's, unless of course they start using a whole new range, but that is unlikly.

Se7eN MasTa

Se7eN MasTa

Se7en Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Sin$
It works. I knew ages ago, but didn't want to release it. Well thats good.

Venomous Fire

Venomous Fire

Retired Admin 4 Life
VIP
Retired
Diamonds Are Forever Mythical Veteran Odysseus' Summit
Reaction score
Sin$
Hmmm, I didnt think it wuld work, but I guess If Se7en says it does, guess it does, I coulda sworn I tried this awhile back and it didnt work....

B

brydon_hilder

Reaction score
Sin$
I tried this a while ago, I noticed XBL had a lot of different Ip's coming in so I just added a range. It worked for me in social but not in ranked. I was using cain however, but i dont think haveing your bridge setup through ICS would have different results

wan5

wan5

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
yes, this method dosent work in ranked, another method is needed. Untill i figure out the exact workings, i aint saying ****.

I like working methods!

B

brydon_hilder

Reaction score
Sin$
yea, I'm with you there. Hope you can find a working way for ranked, I find it kind of weird that this method doesnt work in ranked and does in social, I guess gotta find the difference.

wan5

wan5

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
The method i am working on right now seems to work for so long, once you have registered so many hosted games however it seems to stop working, just got a friend online, gave him the method im testing and he is giving me host in team doubles no problem.

Will give it another hour or so testing then start sharing the ranked method.

B

brydon_hilder

Reaction score
Sin$
thats great news man, good job hope it continues to work. I got a 44 in DT doing a method that does not seem to be working anymore. Me and my friend didn't have host but you still need to bridge. I went from a 15 to 44. I added you on XBL

TerminatioN

TerminatioN

Salty Retired
VIP
Retired
Mythical Veteran Scaling the Mountain Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
wan5 said:
Is my good name not enough? Ah well, i guess i will have to wait for one of you guys to confirm before i get my thanks then! :cry2:

I don't believe anything anyone says until several people I trust/know confirm it.

K

Kowban

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
has anybody figured out how to in ranked yet? im dieing to know !

T

Th3Forgoten

Reaction score
Sin$
this is a good tut and bungie can never conpletely stop bridging cause then people with a bad connection would get banned too

wan5

wan5

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Se7eN MasTa said:
I know in Lone Wolves.

Pff lone wolves is easy, just follow the tutorial above lol.

When playing team doubles force host as usual, when players are found drop firewall to medium. Once the game locks turn your firewall to full. You have to turn it to full the instant you see the gamertags.

Enjoy.

L

l DuRfBaG l

Reaction score
Sin$
LW i've been doing it all day boosting from a 39-42 currently a 42 me and my friend took a break if you need help on host for h3 pm me :smile:

C

Carson

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
What do you do after you force host? I thought you couldn't standby, it would swap hosts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register