Tutorial How to Flash the Lite-on DG-16D2S

• Thread starter ForrrestMaster
  • Start date
  • Views 517,866
H

H2O MAYNE

Reaction score
Sin$
in order to flash with 1.51 instead of 1.5 you just simply place the 1.51.bin in the dosflash instead right??

S

ShadyD

Reaction score
Sin$
Hey, I had a question. I've got an old xbox 360 with a samsung in it. Can I flash a liteon with my key and replace the samsung? Would this have any (bad) consequences?

SurF

SurF

Seasoned Member
Fabled Veteran Hardened Veteran Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Tray Status needs to be closed, but drive half open
Serial port on LiteOn MUST be in tact (or using a probe/spear)
You only need R707 joined
Sata and Serial/USB connected to PC
Drive powered ON

1. Regarding the first bullet: Does this pertain to the xbox 360?
2. Someone please explain what bullets 2,3 and 5 mean.

Thank you.

jeezy103

jeezy103

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
i tried following this tut , but im stuck at the point where i gotta turn off/on the ck3. You know, where it says "Now select the MTKFlash 32 tab and hit the erase button. Follow the prompts carefully!! You will have to power cycle the drive (turn CK3 power on/off - do it quickly though, 1 second max) to return the correct ID of the drive (0x72) and to prevent your computer freezing when using VIA cards. After power cycle, drive should return status 0x72 and display the drives Flash information. If it does not, click Device ID and power cycle as prompted. If still not successful then you did not successfully erase the drive" i tried but to no avail. Any pointers?? I keep powercycling but nothing appears at the VendorID/DeviceID.. So basically i already extracted inquiry.bin, key.bin and indentify.bin and i don't know where to go from there...
Btw , i used a ck3 pro with usb PLUS a probe.

S

Syan48306

Reaction score
Sin$
I guess you can call me a nub, but I think I've read enough to pretty much understand the whole process. There is one part where i'm still a little fuzzy though. So, assuming that you're using CK3 and you have the SATA plugged from the DVD drive to the computer, and power is coming from CK3 into the drive, what exactly is being transmitted from the CK3 to the computer via USB? I mean I guess "it just works" but where's the data coming from? The drive is already connected to the PC through SATA and the only other connection from CK3 is power, what makes the CK3 device so necessary that it needs a usb data cable to the computer?

Is the information that is being transmitted via USB from the chip to the computer imbeddded in the chip?

H

hytek369

Reaction score
Sin$
jeezy103 said:
i tried following this tut , but im stuck at the point where i gotta turn off/on the ck3. You know, where it says "Now select the MTKFlash 32 tab and hit the erase button. Follow the prompts carefully!! You will have to power cycle the drive (turn CK3 power on/off - do it quickly though, 1 second max) to return the correct ID of the drive (0x72) and to prevent your computer freezing when using VIA cards. After power cycle, drive should return status 0x72 and display the drives Flash information. If it does not, click Device ID and power cycle as prompted. If still not successful then you did not successfully erase the drive" i tried but to no avail. Any pointers?? I keep powercycling but nothing appears at the VendorID/DeviceID.. So basically i already extracted inquiry.bin, key.bin and indentify.bin and i don't know where to go from there...
Btw , i used a ck3 pro with usb PLUS a probe.

having the same issue. any one have any ideas?

B

Blu3 1ightning

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
ok i bought the ck3 extractor so it should be here in like a week at the most.but i dont have the probe so can you tell me if i can some how rig it up lol so i dont have to solder anything

N

nicz0r

Reaction score
Sin$
I recently started flashing lite-on drives. The first one went smoother than a baby's bottom. The second one I tried flashing... not so much.

I used jungleflasher, followed the same exact steps from the n00b guide as I used the first time. Everything appeared to go as smooth as the first lite-on I flashed.

After I finished up, I hooked the 360 up and tested it with a backed up game. The backup would not boot, although original xbox games and dvds worked fine.

So after some researching, I've tried this tutorial, the erase works fine. Both keys match, everything looks "good" to me.

When I click "write" dosflash 32 it tells me "no chipset detected" or something along those lines.

Same thing when I use Dosflash 16 from a bootable usb... the erase command works fine, then I type w "no chipset blah blah blah"

I am completely lost now and IM GOING CRAZY!

Someone please help my n00bish self.

[email protected]

therooke

therooke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
mattbrewton said:
ok i bought the ck3 extractor so it should be here in like a week at the most.but i dont have the probe so can you tell me if i can some how rig it up lol so i dont have to solder anything

little piece of tape with 2 small wires under it has worked great for me many times. Just put it over r707 and r708 (CHECK THAT, i may have the numbers wrong off the top of my head) in fact the tape is still stuck to my desk right beside me. I usually put pressure on it with a finger while reading the key. I have no idea why ppl would even try to solder it when this way is so much safer

D

djdaredevil

Reaction score
Sin$
the tut looks fairly easy and very step by step
Just wondering what the best thing to buy would be to do this as I havent soldered in like 10 years any input would be appreciated.

D

djdaredevil

Reaction score
Sin$
ForrrestMaster said:
If you dont want to solder, I would buy the probe with the xtractor.

thanks for the info i just seen so many of different ones got lost in them all

therooke

therooke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I wouldnt waste your money on any probe... just try the tape trust me.

therooke

therooke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
i few posts up on this page i posted a mothod using tape and some small wires. I can take a pic of it if you need, but its so easy and im sure you have tape and small wire ariound the house

Top Bottom
Login
Register