What's new

Tutorial How to Flash the Lite-on DG-16D2S

• Thread starter ForrrestMaster
  • Start date
  • Views 517,868
F

ForrrestMaster

Its not stored in the bios, its stored in the NAND.

B

BungHOLE

Reaction score
Sin$
ForrrestMaster said:
Its not stored in the bios, its stored in the NAND.

If I recall, that's NAND gate, right? I've been out of electronics for years, I suppose I need to get back into it.

So the NAND, that's on board? Or is that built in the drive?

Thanks!

A

aZnb01soOfr3sh

Reaction score
Sin$
soo forest do you know any solutions to my problem?!

btw my aim is ScR3wst0nTx281 so it would be faster and easier to explain to me thanks!

U

unpredictable

Reaction score
Sin$
Hey guys,
i really admire your work here.. keep it up!
I've tried to flash my Liteon drive using a tutorial on the team-xecuter.com website, cause i had their kit..
i extracted my key successfully, and i think i erased it successfully, cause now i can't even Eject the drive.. once i did the erase, the PC froze, and i can't connect to the liteon drive ever since.. every time i connect it and power it on, my PC freezes... i can't access it on JungleFlasher, Nothing...

What should i do?! I already have the key.. i'm only at the last step where i should write the ixtreme firmware to the drive..!! Please Help!!!!

A

aZnb01soOfr3sh

Reaction score
Sin$
unpredictable do u think you can help me flash my liteon drive?!?! please and thanks!
aim: ScR3wst0nTx281

D

Descalzo

Reaction score
Sin$
Hello, I've tried to flash a liteon drive following the jungle flasher tut and everything goes according to the tut, it says it was a success. it displayed the 72 status right before flashing the new FW. but when I try my back ups (that work perfectly well on my old benq drive) they work for a couple of hours if I am lucky and then the drive stops reading them at all. I decided to try this tut at the beguining of this tread but for some reason I am not been able to get lite-on-erase.exe to work on my comp. neither the L-O-Eras on dos. I can erase it on dos with dosflash 16 with LITEON E and it says is done but I never get it to display the any status at all. So I continue to the W command on dosflash and after is don it says it as ok and then I go try the back ups but I get the same issue as before. only work for a few minutes. I am using the 360 xtractor pro with the spear and I am able to get the inquiry, identify and key bins plus the dummy one and I spoofed the ixtreme 1.5 and everything should work but the back ups don't :frown: any ideas of what could be wrong? any help will be greatly appreciated.

I

inzain

Reaction score
Sin$
ok to start, ive made a db9 serial probe, its properly made according to the other tut im following that has worked for alot of people, now my issue is this, when i run both iprep and dosflash32 it detects my driveio at 9400xxxx. everything looks good but nothing works.
9400 is a weird port for it to be on, and i think this is my problem. none of the other apps will find it there, they all look at 1x.. or 0x.. etc.. even in dos the flash apps wont detect it. is this my problem? if so is there a way to change the port that windows assigns to your sata controller?

now to continue, i have an sil chipset on the sata card, sorry its the only one i could find in this area, i do have on of them usb to ide/sata thingys, but am holding off on using that unless i find out its doable. the 3rd pin has been removed from the line, to prevent the door from closing, or opening, i started with it in, ejected the drive, pulled the power cord, removed the pin, reconnected the cable, and pushed the door in about halfway(ive tried it with it in small 1/4 inch increments and nada)

now, the com port on the db9 is set to com one, im using an usb to db9 converter, ive used it many times to burn my fta sat reciever, and it is set to com 1.( is this a nogo for this procedure or something, if so let me know)

with everything connected(ive checked the probe with a multimeter/ohmeter its good as is the transistor, nothings shorted) i have, the drive powerd on(door half in), the db9 connected and the +5v line ran (im recieveing a constant rx xmission on the db9), i enter dos promp(cmd) move to the dir the files are in, and type dvdkey32 9400 1 <and press enter>

i get the usage menu everytime, as if ive typed something wrong.im pretty sure its the 9400 as it doesnt look right, maybe this needs to be converted to hex, or its wrong i dont know, please any help would greatly be appreciated.

B

bainly

Reaction score
Sin$
I just purchased a new xbox 360 as my last one that was modded (hitachi drive) RROD'd. My new one has this lite-on drive, but I was curious if someone knew if it was possible to use my old drive in the new system and how this could be done?

Hopefully I get around doing most of these steps but if not I suppose I will have to go through the tutorial steps! If anyone can provide some guidance, that would be terrific!

Thanks in advance :biggrin:

I

inzain

Reaction score
Sin$
from everything that i have read, in order to do what you are asking, you would have to get the key out of the lite on drive, and put it into the hitachi drive, as the system and drives keys have to match, after doing so, tho, it will work with either drive, so long as both drives have the same key as the system does.

BUT if you are going to go through the trouble of digging out the key of a lite on drive, which entails getting a priobe(unless your very tech savvy, just buy one they're cheap online) and using it and a sata hookup, my advice would be to just go that one simple step further and burn a new firmware to the lite on drive and use it.

the reason is, that to get the key from the lite on drive it requires a probe and sata hookup. these 2 things are the only inconvienience in doing the lite on drives, and since youll need them to get the key anyways, you might as well just go ahead and burn that drive and use the new drive with the new system.

another side note, i have recently been informed that the rrod on a lot of systems is easily fixed, as there is some kind of washer problem between the mainboard and the case , the washers erode away and it allows the mainboard to short out. IF and i emphasize "IF" this is the problem, as it seems to be about 50% of the time, you can purchase a repair kit online rather cheaply(under 15 dollars), i dont know where as i was just told this info a few days ago. the kit comes with new washers, and some other things. might be worth a shot tho to rejuvinate the old rrod system.

E

Elite772

Reaction score
Sin$
bainly said:
I just purchased a new xbox 360 as my last one that was modded (hitachi drive) RROD'd. My new one has this lite-on drive, but I was curious if someone knew if it was possible to use my old drive in the new system and how this could be done?

Hopefully I get around doing most of these steps but if not I suppose I will have to go through the tutorial steps! If anyone can provide some guidance, that would be terrific!

Thanks in advance :biggrin:

There is a way to fix RROD yourself, I actually just fixed a friend of mine's about a month ago. It was pretty easy and not as scary as it seems. There are TONS of tuts around the internet and what you need to buy is like $8US at the most. I haven't had ANY luck with the lite-on drive flashing yet so I say this is your best bet. And I'm pretty sure it's impossible to switch drives from system to system. That's my suggestion anyway. Good luck!

C

cgfreak

Reaction score
Sin$
So not luck for a better way to flash the lite on huh? Connectivity Kit it is then.
This site rocks, thanks to all the staff and members.:thumbup:

ManBearPig06

ManBearPig06

The Shiroyasha
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Elite772 said:
There is a way to fix RROD yourself, I actually just fixed a friend of mine's about a month ago. It was pretty easy and not as scary as it seems. There are TONS of tuts around the internet and what you need to buy is like $8US at the most. I haven't had ANY luck with the lite-on drive flashing yet so I say this is your best bet. And I'm pretty sure it's impossible to switch drives from system to system. That's my suggestion anyway. Good luck!

There's more than one error that causes the RROD, and not all of them are fixable.

B

bainly

Reaction score
Sin$
Hey again,

When I modded my original xbox 360 I did not need a connectivity kit it was just a quick flash and it was done pretty well (the longest part was getting the system open). Fixing the RROD was an option, but I hear that it can happen again, and possibly sooner, so I decided to get a new one instead.

So when I found out to do the new one I would have to go and spend about $75ish to buy the probe/CK and shipping (to Canada) even if I just wanted to switch the drives, I found a guy in Edmonton that mods them for $40 (he took my old one and actually didn't charge me anything.)

It was done in about 15 minutes and after watching him do it, I know that it wouldn't be worth my time to have done it myself, even if I do have technical training. (Reading all the tutorials alone would have taken me the same amount of time he modded it in!!) I am sure not all modders are as professional as he was but for me the chance that I was ripped off a $200 Xbox was a minor risk.

With that said, thank you all for your replies!!!

D

djkswiss

Reaction score
Sin$
Okay this is where I am getting confused.

You have a Lite - On Drive connected to your PC's motherboard VIA a Serial ATA Cable.

Either an Xtractor/CK3 connected to your pc through a molex power connector.

The Xtractor/CK3 provides power to the Lite - On drive.

Then you have the Xtractor/CK3 hooked to your pc Via Serial cable or USB. What purpose does this serve? I am missing something important here and I don't know what it is. Perhaps I dont understand what the probe does, I thought the probe was really just bridging the R707. Does the probe actually bring data back to the CK3/Xtractor and write it to the PC via the Seria/USB? Do I need a probe to extract data from my drive?

Please somebody shed some light on this for me!:S

therooke

therooke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I used J FLASHER evrything went fine till the the writing step. said "validation failed" or sumthing along those lines. I re-erased and tried again. Same. Now i cant erase in dos. just says "Status FFFF" Any ideas? thanks! Ive got all my files from the drive.

M

MANCOUGAR

Reaction score
Sin$
Ok so I decided to try flashing my DG-162D2S. What do I need to buy? I take it I need to just buy Connectivity Kit v3 pro? What about connectivity kit v2?

therooke

therooke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Beezy 4 sheezy said:
You bricked your drive......

got it to work after messing around for a bit. I think it was just J flasher being buggy. Even tho it wouldnt recognise the drive anymore i forced the light on erase and the write and it worked.

Top Bottom
Login
Register