How to Flash any Xbox 360 Drive with a Laptop

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Firmware Modding Tutorials' started by IDONTuseGEICO, Oct 30, 2009 with 450 replies and 548,327 views.

1. Gullible

Gullible Newbie

Ratings:
    well explained and easily followed, nice tutorial man!

2. prash8

prash8 Newbie

Ratings:
    Yes

3. prash8

prash8 Newbie

Ratings:
    You can get your drive flashed. but it is a slim console then you need to unlock the disc chip board. Try to google for your slim cosole

4. prash8

prash8 Newbie

Ratings:
    yes slim can also be flashed but first of all you warranty would be void as there is no way to open your slim box without voiding warranty. next you will need to replace PCB (http://www.ck3.co.uk/liteon-dg-16d4s-replacement_pcb.html) and then you can flash your liteon drive ( if you slim has liteon drive).....

5. prash8

prash8 Newbie

Ratings:
    well my friend, i dont know what you are taking about but I did flash my drive with laptop. please check my you tube channel showing your the video ()
    as long as you have tools i have mentioned in the thread above, you can do it easily.

6. prash8

prash8 Newbie

Ratings:
    yes you would need to have all tools as i have mentioned above and some way to open your console easily/safely. but if you are drive is benq and not liteon, then you dont need " probe v3".

7. prash8

prash8 Newbie

Ratings:
    this is for liteon drive only my friend.....

8. prash8

prash8 Newbie

Ratings:
    if you have reasonable configuration in PC/Laptop then you don't need any card at all. Just buy tools as I have mentioned.

9. Meownidas

Meownidas Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I know this is a while after you posted this. But what do I do with the vista thing? [se7en=xbox-360-tutorials/116632-install-portio32-vista.html]How to install Port I/O in Vista[/se7en]

10. n0n3ab0v3m3

n0n3ab0v3m3 Newbie

Ratings:
    Does this still work even with the newer Xbox consoles? Also how does one find out which kind of port their laptop has? I know these are probably retarded questions....

11. H20

H20 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Is it possible to flash with just a sata to usb?

12. FiXZD

FiXZD Newbie

Ratings:
    I have a eSATA on the side of my laptop, I'm leaning towards it will work, but im not sure, any conformation?

13. joezmad

joezmad Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Good tut, I was hoping I could flash my xbox through my laptop:wink:

14. Wolf

Wolf Zombies :D Retired

Ratings:
    I had a friend do this a while back and he got console banned. Bahaha!

15. Tweets

Tweets Enthusiast

Ratings:
    How likely would i get banned if i did this?

16. Blockhead

Blockhead Killer of all necromorphs

Ratings:
    as long as its flashed correctly and your games are flashed correctly you shouldnt get banned but there isnt really a chart i could refer you to

17. ciabatoni

ciabatoni Newbie

Ratings:
    Ok, so I bought a drive off ebay before knowing there were secret keys that match the xbox360 motherboard. Now my question is, I seen were people are buying the pcmia to perform the flash. However, I have an express card slot,, BUT, I also have a sata slot/socket. Does this mean I only need the sata wire that will connect to my sata port then connect to the drive Im wanting to flash with jungleflasher?

Phillips & BenQ = original drive
    Toshiba/samsung = Replacement

I cant do the JTAG, do to my dashboard being higher then the version allowed, and having the xenon M-board that HAS been connected to live after july of 2009. I dont know if that of any relevance, but I did read that the JTAG wont work if your dashboard version is above 7xxx or higher then 4 digits, mine is 5 digits, something like 2.0.15574.0 or another. I will check back frequently. My problem is that dvd's work, bujt the games wont load. I get a message saying. To play disc put it in a xbox 360. THANK YOU, in advance

18. ciabatoni

ciabatoni Newbie

Ratings:
    Hey is this forum dead, or is it just this thread. My ??? lies above, still unanswered, Someone please weigh in, thank you

19. Lyriical

Lyriical #MarriedToMarijuana

Ratings:
    Well explained and a good tutorial..
    Well done <3
    I wouldn't try it though as last time I had a flashed xbox I got consoled banned for playing mw3 before anyone else D:

20. Ruin

Ruin Complete Annihilation

Ratings:
    For people who do not have external sata ports on their laptops, you can go on ebay and search "usb to sata" or even "usb to sata or esata" < This option just has an esata port and a regular sata port, but they seem to be less expensive than one sata port alone for a reason I cannot see.

EDIT: I found this as an example http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-To-Sata...967?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a193149b7

EDIT 2: Do not do this, it will most likely not work.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2012