Tutorial How to Flash any Xbox 360 Drive with a Laptop

IDONTuseGEICO

Dr. Richtofen is my Homeboy
Messages
638
Reaction score
135
How to Flash any Xbox 360 Drive with a Laptop
by ID0NTuseGEICO
Requirements

Here's how to install Port I/O In Windows XP
This will show you how to install portio32.sys on Windows XP (since most WinXP installations are 32-bit, it's rare someone has 64-bit but the files are above, the process is the same).

1. Open the Control Panel.

2. Open the "Add Hardware" wizard. If you are using Windows XP's default "Category View" for the Control Panel, this is done by clicking on "Printers and Other Hardware" and under "See Also" on the left, click "Add Hardware".

3. The wizard typically displays a screen explaining what it is used for. Click Next to continue.

4. The wizard may automatically scan for new hardware. The scanning will not detect anything related to PortIO32.

5. You may be asked "Have you already connected this hardware to your computer?" Regardless of whether you have installed any cards yet, click Yes.

6. You will be shown a list of the hardware already installed in your computer. Scroll all the way down and select "Add a new hardware device"

7. You will be asked whether Windows should search for the new hardware. Select "Install the hardware that I manually select from a list"

8. A list of hardware categories will be shown. Select "Show All Devices" (On some versions of Windows this may be called "Other")

9. Click the "Have Disk" button and point Windows to the "windriver" directory of the PortIO32 distribution.


10. A list of drivers found in the directory you specified will be shown. Select the "PortIO32 Xbox 360 Device Driver" item and click Next.

11. Click Next again to "start installing your new hardware."

12. The files will be copied and installed. Click Finish to complete. You do not need to restart your computer.

Now all the hardware is installed!!

Now to flash the drive you can use any tut that you want to use.
BenQ and Samsung 360 Drive Tutorial
Lite-On 360 Drive Tutorial
Thread that contains how to flash every 360 drive (I find it more complicated than the above links but if you don't have the above, then this is the link to follow)
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Hovi

Aaron is forever my *****
VIP
Retired
Messages
6,911
Reaction score
4,784
Thanks for making this out, i cant use it yet, but i ordered that piece earlier today when we were talkin bout it.
 

iTz MiKe

Enthusiast
Messages
1,093
Reaction score
54
lol i already bought the one you suggested anyways...i was just wondering cause that ones a dollar.
 

IDONTuseGEICO

Dr. Richtofen is my Homeboy
Messages
638
Reaction score
135
iTz MiKe said:
lol i already bought the one you suggested anyways...i was just wondering cause that ones a dollar.
oh, ok. like i said, im not to sure if the one on ebay would work, i didnt see the chipset anywhere.
 

iTz MiKe

Enthusiast
Messages
1,093
Reaction score
54
oh btw, how long did it take for them to ship it to you? and where do you live?
 

TehPhelix

VIP
VIP
Retired
Messages
7,665
Reaction score
7,350
rickeyf11 said:
It will work if your laptop has a PCI express port, otherwise why would you buy it. Make sure your port is PCI express, not just PCI. Also be sure to note that it does not come with a SATA cable so in order to flash your xbox you also need to buy a SATA cable along with that. I would personally search newegg.com as they are more reliable and have a wider variety then most.
 

IDONTuseGEICO

Dr. Richtofen is my Homeboy
Messages
638
Reaction score
135
iTz MiKe said:
oh btw, how long did it take for them to ship it to you? and where do you live?
it took about 2 days for processing, and once it ships it takes about a week to get to you. I live in New York.
 

rickeyf11

Enthusiast
Messages
184
Reaction score
7
TehPhelix said:
It will work if your laptop has a PCI express port, otherwise why would you buy it. Make sure your port is PCI express, not just PCI. Also be sure to note that it does not come with a SATA cable so in order to flash your xbox you also need to buy a SATA cable along with that. I would personally search newegg.com as they are more reliable and have a wider variety then most.
yeah, i have an express port, and i have a couple sata cables from some broken computers. and ive been looking on newegg and i found this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16839200006 but idk if it will work. how do u know the chipset??

edit- how come some sata ports/ cable had one side that looks like a sideways L and the other side is just flat? because the laptop im on has a sata port on the side and its just flat, but the cables i have are the sideways L and dont fit..
 

IDONTuseGEICO

Dr. Richtofen is my Homeboy
Messages
638
Reaction score
135
well if you know what a PCMIA slot is, a express card slot is about half the width. im not too sure if it can with an express card, but i dont see why not. i guess someone will have to try it out and let the rest of us know. thats what i did with a PCMIA card, i figured it was worth a shot and tried it.
 

rickeyf11

Enthusiast
Messages
184
Reaction score
7
flam3fr3ak said:
well if you know what a PCMIA slot is, a express card slot is about half the width. im not too sure if it can with an express card, but i dont see why not. i guess someone will have to try it out and let the rest of us know. thats what i did with a PCMIA card, i figured it was worth a shot and tried it.
how do you find out what the chipset is?
 
Top Bottom