• Views 129,469
E

EclipseModz

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
To be completely honest. I have no clue how to read the key off a flashed lite-on with dosflash right now. You can try to use the lite-on dvdkey task and see if it extracts the key. But don't use the probe because it is not needed for a flashed drive.

L

Link182

Reaction score
Sin$
Lem Skywalker said:
upgrading 1.51 -> 1.6 on lite-on windows 7x64, NOT using connectivity kit, dosflash 1.8 does not see the lite-on, but that's not what i am asking

How can I obtain the DVD drive key w/o using the probe/conn. kit? is it possible?
WTF? do i really need the probe just to erase and send the CFW back to the drive???
i thought the probe was only to get the key.

L

Lem Skywalker

Reaction score
Sin$
I just read the Jungleflasher manual and it turns out that there is some steps you can skip (as you seemed to hint at) including the whole probe thing, if your Lite-On is flashed already... i still have to do the half-open trick, but I should be good to go w/o any extra hardware...

seems like you 7xxx lite-on users that aren't flashed yet have to get some extra hardware to get the dvd key out
and those of you with 9xxx drives - GOOD LUCK lol

Here's to gettin banned Nov 4th NA ZDROWIE/CHEERS :cursing:

EclipseModz said:
To be completely honest. I have no clue how to read the key off a flashed lite-on with dosflash right now. You can try to use the lite-on dvdkey task and see if it extracts the key. But don't use the probe because it is not needed for a flashed drive.

OK I finally got a working 6421 PCI card and I know it is working as I can see in Dosflash64 my drive info - same exact as you (PLDS DG-16D2S revision: 74850C)

I proceed to do the half-open tray trick with success and then click on LITE ON DVD KEY and select my target files...

unfortunately all keys come back as invalid... can anyone see what I am missing here? obviously no point in proceeding further without having these right?

anyone successfully upgraded their iextreme from 1.5 -> 1.6 with lite-ons? what's the trick to getting this dvdkey, or could there be something with my 6421 card still?

E

EclipseModz

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Lem Skywalker said:
I just read the Jungleflasher manual and it turns out that there is some steps you can skip (as you seemed to hint at) including the whole probe thing, if your Lite-On is flashed already... i still have to do the half-open trick, but I should be good to go w/o any extra hardware...

seems like you 7xxx lite-on users that aren't flashed yet have to get some extra hardware to get the dvd key out
and those of you with 9xxx drives - GOOD LUCK lol

Here's to gettin banned Nov 4th NA ZDROWIE/CHEERS :cursing:

OK I finally got a working 6421 PCI card and I know it is working as I can see in Dosflash64 my drive info - same exact as you (PLDS DG-16D2S revision: 74850C)

I proceed to do the half-open tray trick with success and then click on LITE ON DVD KEY and select my target files...

unfortunately all keys come back as invalid... can anyone see what I am missing here? obviously no point in proceeding further without having these right?

anyone successfully upgraded their iextreme from 1.5 -> 1.6 with lite-ons? what's the trick to getting this dvdkey, or could there be something with my 6421 card still?
I believe i am getting a lite-on in on monday and will have the answer to updating them. I just have not had a drive to test with and figure out what to do with dosflash. I know exactly what to do with jungleflasher. But with dosflash its another story.

L

Lem Skywalker

Reaction score
Sin$
I finally did it!

I had to install an XP partition and use JungleFlasher to finally get the DVD Key properly using the "Get Key from iExtreme" button- worked like a charm... the rest of the steps worked just fine and now I have 1.6

now here's hoping 1.61 for lite-ons comes out this weekend

E

EclipseModz

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah its really easy with jungleflasher. Glad to hear you got it working. I'm just lacking the drive to test with DosFlash.

L

Lem Skywalker

Reaction score
Sin$
great - let us know how you make out... i'm still curious why DosFlash64 would not give me the Lite-On DVD key...

portio64.sys method works since I actually used DF64 to write the flash and that worked...

Thanks again for your help!

N

notbigenough

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Have you had any luck flashing a hitachi drive with Dosflash 1.8 32bit yet

E

EclipseModz

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
No i have not flashed a hitachi with DosFlash. It cannot be done because of the special dumping method needed. But I am going to check FirmwareToolbox in 64 bit to see if it works.

L

LilDeamon

Reaction score
Sin$
My drive isnt responding to MTK Vendor Intro after eraseing, any ideas why?

E

EclipseModz

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
You are not supposed to click no. After you erase it. You click Yes then power cycle the drive.

Z

ZZTop

Reaction score
Sin$
Sorry just a lil paranoid here.

Searched and couldnt find anything.

Does this method work with Windows 7 64-bit?

J

jherman08

Reaction score
Sin$
If it says phillips and lite on digital solutions corporation
does that make it a lite on? lol

I thought it was a benq because of the wires seen through the hole after popping the faceplate off, and the tray/disc case matches a benq...

anyone please?

anyone please?

Top Bottom
Login
Register