• Start date
  • Views 129,457
S

schwartz za

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
EclipseModz said:
The probe is only needed for the lite-on on the first flash. After that it is no longer needed.
cool.... so how do I get the keys? are they stored somewhere on the drive? or in a notepad file or what?

how would I get them if my friend does it? will he need to give me something?
Thanks for the help

P

Philpanf

Reaction score
Sin$
Does this work for all Lite-Ons? Even the 94350C's I been reading about Manufactured in Aug 2009?

Similar to you my Xbox, reached its doom yesterday, and I just picked up a new one today. It is an xbox arcade edition, with a lite-on. I haven't opened it yet, but I been reading that ones with the Aug 2009 Date are no good, (and of course mine has this date).

Also do you need the probe for sure? I read with the newer Lite-ons, it can sometimes be read without the probe.

E

EclipseModz

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Philpanf said:
Does this work for all Lite-Ons? Even the 94350C's I been reading about Manufactured in Aug 2009?

Similar to you my Xbox, reached its doom yesterday, and I just picked up a new one today. It is an xbox arcade edition, with a lite-on. I haven't opened it yet, but I been reading that ones with the Aug 2009 Date are no good, (and of course mine has this date).

Also do you need the probe for sure? I read with the newer Lite-ons, it can sometimes be read without the probe.
No the 94350C's are not dumpable yet. There is no method known to dump right now.

About the probe. 83850X drives do not require a probe to get the key.

reactiv8ion said:
will dosflash64 work for 83850c revision?
DosFlash will not dump the 83850C. It requires a certain method which is not included with DosFlash. You will need to use jungleflasher. Also some of the 83850C drives are not dumpable.

X

xtreme1280

Reaction score
Sin$
Once again thanks. I just went ahead and flashed my liteon from 1.51 to 1.6 to get some practice for when 1.61 drops. Your guide was spot on and only took me about 15 min total to complete. I'm not a pro on taking the xbox apart yet, but the flashing part took less than 3 min to do. Of course in my case it was even easier since I already had my original key from when it was first flashed. :biggrin:

M

McSaac

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
E

EclipseModz

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
This is a tutorial. Not a firmware version. When 1.61 is released for lite-ons then use the Ixtreme1.61 firmware to make your modded firmware then flash you drive with this tutorial.

P

Philpanf

Reaction score
Sin$
I been reading that some people think that maybe Microsoft banned them, because when they flash their dvd drive they use their xbox for power.

I was wondering, can i take out my unbanned drive, out of my unbanned xbox, and flash it using my banned xbox, and the power from the banned xbox? That way I never have to turn on my good xbox, without the dvd drive in it?

Is this OK to do, or am i missing something?

E

EclipseModz

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Anyone that tells you that you will be banned if you use your xbox to power the drive is retarded.

There is no reasoning behind it at all. Its false.

R

rav06

Reaction score
Sin$
I had my liteon flashed by a shop and they wouldnt hand over the drive key

so do i still need the key and probe to update from 1.51 to the next firmware e.g a newer 1.61 for liteon

can u explain this scenario in step by step with dos flash on vista 64

many thanks

rav06 said:

so do i still need the key and probe to update from 1.51 to the next firmware e.g a newer 1.61 for liteon

many thanks

I think mines a 83850c (Arcade 256mb HDMI 2009-04-21)so i cant do it in DOSflash

any help because apparently i ant flash with jungFlasher in x64 vista

S

schwartz za

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
rav06 said:

AFAIK, you dont NEED the key for the flash but if you loose/mess it up, you will have a big, white DVD player :cursing::cursing::cursing::thumbdown:

E

EclipseModz

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
rav06 said:

I think mines a 83850c (Arcade 256mb HDMI 2009-04-21)so i cant do it in DOSflash

any help because apparently i ant flash with jungFlasher in x64 vista
Since they did not give you your key you will need to dump it yourself.
No you do not need a probe to dump a flashed drive.
Since your drive is already flashed. You should be able to dump it just like any other drive.

What you would do to read it is.

When it ask to resend Vendor intro select yes and power cycle the drive. It should then enter vendor mode and might switch ports on you. If it does then find the port number your drive was on and in the flashing task box. Just select Read. DosFlash should then start dumping the firmware from the drive.

Now i have not tried this yet. I do not know if it will work 100%. Please come back in here and tell me if it worked or not. If it does then open the firmware in jungleflasher and make sure you key looks unique. Then if it does. You can continue on with the tutorial.

If it doesn't come back and tell me and i will find out how to solve your problem.

S

schwartz za

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
@EclipseModz:
I flashed my Xbox today and I got all my files (eg: dummy.bin etc)... what must I do with them? I have saved and backed-up in a few places.. what now? when will I actually need them? Will I need them when 1.61/1.7 comes out with Wave 4 compatibility for Lite-On? or does a re-flash not need it?

E

EclipseModz

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Just put them in a compressed file like a .rar or a .zip and just hold onto them. They make updating firmware alot easier. As you do not have to read the drive. You just use your original files to make the new modded firmware and then erase the drive and flash.

You will only need them in the event of your drive having a fatal crash(not being able to be read anymore) and to update firmware.

R

rav06

Reaction score
Sin$
So to confirm i can do this in vista x64 (liteon 83850c)with just the connectivity kit v3 and not the probe as its been flashed before but i dont have the key either

im about to place an order so can someone verify this once more please no disrespect to Eclipse who already answered me

thanks

E

EclipseModz

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
83850C drives do not require a probe to flash. The only lite-on that requires the probe is a 7xxxx drive.

R

rav06

Reaction score
Sin$
EclipseModz said:
Since they did not give you your key you will need to dump it yourself.

how will i dump if i dont have probe and why will i need to if you said flashed drives dont need them

EclipseModz said:
What you would do to read it is.

When it ask to resend Vendor intro select yes and power cycle the drive. It should then enter vendor mode and might switch ports on you. If it does then find the port number your drive was on and in the flashing task box. Just select Read. DosFlash should then start dumping the firmware from the drive.

I thought DosFlash dont support 83850c liteon

EclipseModz said:
Now i have not tried this yet. I do not know if it will work 100%. Please come back in here and tell me if it worked or not. If it does then open the firmware in jungleflasher and make sure you key looks unique. Then if it does. You can continue on with the tutorial.

I thought jungleflasher dont work in vista x64

sorry to be a pain in the backside by breaking everything down but i just dont want to brick my 360

thanks EclipseMods

Top Bottom
Login
Register