Tutorial How to flash a Xbox 360 LiteOn DVD Drive with DosFlash v2.0

• Thread starter EclipseModz
  • Start date
  • Views 129,455
J

jcoleman11

Reaction score
Sin$
having a problem. im using windows 7 46-bit, everything has worked perfectly until now. It seems when im trying to write the firmware, it just stops at the step where its erasing.

I was able to read the firmware with no problem, lite-on erase no problem, but when doing the vendor intro, i had to power cycle the drive for that to work. Then when i write it doesn't do anything, it just freezes on this screen

dosflash.gif

What am i doing wrong?

jcoleman11 said:
windows 7 46-bit

typo, obviously meant 64-bit

N

notbigenough

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
jcoleman11 said:
having a problem. im using windows 7 46-bit, everything has worked perfectly until now. It seems when im trying to write the firmware, it just stops at the step where its erasing.

I was able to read the firmware with no problem, lite-on erase no problem, but when doing the vendor intro, i had to power cycle the drive for that to work. Then when i write it doesn't do anything, it just freezes on this screen

dosflash.gif

What am i doing wrong?

Hi i was looking on the executer forum and it warns about flashing lite-ons
it says there is a ribbin in the lit-on drives you should disconect to stop damage to the laser, does anyone do this or any thoughts on this
thanks

ModMan911

ModMan911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
jcoleman11 said:

dosflash.gif

What am i doing wrong?

I'm having the exact same problem.. I don't know hwat im doing wrong.. I've let vendor intro send for over an hour and still have the same screen..? Please help

EDIT*

ok i got it to acsept the vendor intro ect. then it asks to load my modded firmware i go to jungleflasher and go to firmware and then i get a selection of .bin files i.e: 1x161.bin, ix161-fix.bin etc i choose ix161-fix.bin and it flashed succesfully but when i went to load up any games i got a play dvd option for all of them.. what am i doing wrong?

D

Doeboy1337

Reaction score
Sin$
I was holding the probe to the little hole place and was looking at my computer screen. I smelled something burning so I looked at my xbox and I could see smoke coming from the tip of the probe.....

S

schwartz za

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
GOT IT SORTED: USED DOS

Some one help me!!

I am updating my Lite-On from 1.6 to LT. So I start at step 6 of this tutorial. I Erase my drive, close dosflash to make the firmware and open up dosflash again and it doesn't register my drive. No matter what I try now it just does not register.

I have tried leaving the tray half way open but when I turn the xbox on it freezes my PC up.Also I cant eject it without opening it up and sliding the little piece.

Please help. I have an Xbox 360 with an erased drive :cursing:

PS: This message is asking how I can get my PC to read it again if did you understand

S

schwartz za

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
D

dblomgren

Reaction score
Sin$
trying to get my

5 posts

in order to send

private messages hahahhahaahah

X

xX aPsycho xX

Reaction score
Sin$
schwartz za said:
I am un-sure of which cards work but have you checked if your motherboard is compatible? Google it to see. Or post here and I can find out for you
well, how do i find out if it is compatible? i dont know much about computer Hardware.

S

schwartz za

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
xX aPsycho xX said:
well, how do i find out if it is compatible? i dont know much about computer Hardware.

What motherboard is it? if you dont know download CPU-Z ... it will tell you in than program

X

xX aPsycho xX

Reaction score
Sin$
schwartz za said:
What motherboard is it? if you dont know download CPU-Z ... it will tell you in than program
are you looking for the chipset? because that is i845PE

P

PacoDeGato

Reaction score
Sin$
Damn, this is more complicated thanI thought...

Hi--

Just purchased an Xbox 360 Elite online but I didn't receive it yet. I've been trying to figure out what I'm going to need to mod it to play downloaded...er, backed up...games, but most of the sites haven't been updated since 2007.

I'm assuming I'm going to have a LiteOn drive, but who knows...maybe it's an older model because I did buy it on eBay.

Would it be best if I just wait until I receive it, then take it apart to see exactly what drive I have before inquiring on what I'm going to need to buy?

Lastly, for now, I don't have a desktop computer...just two laptops, so I don't have an accessible SATA port or the ability to plug in a PCI card. Do I have any options, or will I need to remove my XBox drive and take it to a family/friend's computer and buy a VIA SATA card for their computer?

Thanks, I think I should get my XBox tomorrow or Wednesday (Feb 9 or 10, 2010), and I'll get to disassembling it, but any links or things anyone can offer or if there is anything I'll definitely need to buy, I'd like to get it ordered ASAP, so please let me know.

Thanks,

Paco

A

andyrew30

Reaction score
Sin$
I was wondering where the best place to buy a maximus xtractor 360, or connectivity kit, which one is easiest to use, cheapest, and also which would work best on the 78450c drive?

MRMODIFY

MRMODIFY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So what happens when microsoft do another wave ban or whatever its called ? will you be banned ? - is there no way of NOT getting banned while playing online ?

B

bws226

Reaction score
Sin$
When I get to step 4 and try to get the key with my Xtractor spear I click yes to Germeia's DVDKey method and I get the message "Can't open Com Port". What do i do?

T

trexpro48

Reaction score
Sin$
So I have a question :biggrin: I am setting up to flash my drive only to find out I had the Lite-on :frown: So I have another xbox 360 that is banned but it has a BenQ drive so could I just use that drive to flash and put it in my unbanned xbox? Thanks for any responses.

Top Bottom
Login
Register