What's new

Tutorial How to flash a 360 Benq drive using DosFlash 1.8

• Thread starter EclipseModz
  • Start date
  • Views 100,149
M

MJLB32

Reaction score
:thumbup:im so thankful that i disscover it and it help me so much..and teach me how to does the 360benq drive..:smile:

N

nX SteaLtH

Reaction score
Now, the PortIO34 and 64 files that come with the jungleflasher..how do I install PortIO64.exe file to a x64 bit computer operatinag on Windows 7?

W

woofer999

Reaction score
Hi, thank you for the great tutorial. I've flashed two Benq DVD drives using this tutorial, and it worked fine both times :smile:

However, one of my buddies asked me to flash his Benq today, and I've been having a few problems. I've been using the same computer, same cables, same method, doing everything the tutorial tells me down to the T. On step four, I get the MTKFLASH failed on port 0xFE00, and I press Y so it keeps sending the command and all it says is 0xD1 and 0x51, and it switches between the two. I've tried turning on the computer first, then the xbox. I've tried the xbox first, then the computer. I've tried both at the same time. I unplug the black power cable (as I'm using xbox power to power the drive) and plug it back in after pressing Y, but that does not help.

If I press cancel as it keeps trying to resend the commands, then press 4 (as thats the letter next to the drive) and press "R" to read, it says "flash chip not detected"

I'm stumped and could use some help. I appreciate any help :smile: Thank you

E

echoe293

Reaction score
When I was flashing my drive, it recognized the drive, as a va yatyayt,but it said to try the germania unlock method, i did it but it said to use the magic unlock method. IDK HOW, and Jungle flasher wont pick up my drive. HEELLPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P

phr3shxboi

Reaction score
ok im extremely new 2 the mod world but i like mods a lot. and i wanna start i hv no idea what this stuff is but i do learn fast/ okay i have a Gateway model # MT6728. its only 2 years old. great shape and a really good cheap laptop. Im running windows 7 ultimate.i kno i need some sata thing is this a good choice http://cgi.ebay.com/IDE-PCI-SATA-Serial-ATA-Card-PC-VIA-VT6421A-6421-9592_W0QQitemZ400105126685QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item5d281fbb1d.ok i also dont no what this express thing is and if i need a SATA cord or not?? please get back to me please. my e-mail is [email protected] make subject SATA/

ps i have a benq HDD

E

Everett

Reaction score
Using onboard, but i am running a raid setup, so Benq not readable in Windows 7 64.
(using Pk3 pro revd)

but i did some bios switching disabling my PC HDD's completely, (still connected), changed my HDD settings back to IDE standard. changed my boot order to my lexar stick, and disabled the secondary. (IDE recognize the drive completely) save & Exit. Followed the http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/topi...g-dosflash-18/ (sorry if this is wrong in T-x)

(easiest way to do the spoofing is use a laptop as well) i had my wife's

But if you dont have a second pc.

Go back into bios, set back to raid, enable HDD's, Reset boot order to HDD before MemStick. go into Windows, use Jungleflasher, save ORIG and Firmware to stick) reboot, BIOS again, set back to IDE, disable HDD's, change boot back to Stick first, save exit to your second part (write) then go back and do the top of this paragraph again and set back to normal pc operation.

And then double check all your backups burnt and not burnt for ver checks.

BTW. My Mobo is ASUS P5Q Deluxe, i also would like to mention, UN PLUG all your PC's Dvd/cd/BR roms. and i mean UNPLUG! I would also suggest using the Sata cable you un plug from your DVDrom or what have you, and use it in the Benq/liteon whatever rom you are moddin.

I think thats it. I'm ripppppppppppppped, so i may have said things twice.

V

Vexyl

Reaction score
This is how I got it to read my BenQ with dosflash 1.8 with a HP Pavilion Elite HPE-112Y practically out of the box PC. Here is my method.

Make sure you set the SATA Mode to IDE in BIOS (As mine is defaulted to RAID. Windows 7 crashes (Blue screen of death) if it's set to IDE, but you are booting DOS, so it's good.)

Assuming you followed the guide to setup your bootable flash drive:

Unplug all SATA cords from the SATA ports of your PC. This is to protect against accidental flashing of the firmware of your innocent hardware.

Connect a SATA cord to your PC and XBox 360 BenQ DVD Drive

Boot into DOS with flash drive

Power on XBox 360

Type DOSFLASH and press enter

It will most likely fail this try

If you are using dosflash 1.8 it will show you additional techniques, the next one being Magic something, do not continue yet.

While the XBox 360 is still powered on, unplug the SATA cord from the XBox 360.

Wait until the XBox 360 loads the dashboard (THE XBOX 360 SHOULD BE POWERED ON THE WHOLE TIME FROM WHEN YOU BOOT DOS).

Once at the dashboard reconnect the SATA cord to your XBox 360 BenQ DVD Drive.

Now continue by typing Y and press enter.

-

It should now recognize the drive and proceed to show you options for selecting your controller. My selection was 0 being my master SATA controller on port B000. It will now ask what action you would like to perform, read, write, erase. Make sure before flashing the firmware, to make a backup by doing this and selecting R for read and type in a file name such as C:\ORIG.BIN and keep that file somewhere safe.

If this method works for you, do it for each step.

Burned Darksiders to a Verbatim DL DVD and burned the activate.iso to another Verbatim DL DVD. Reads the disc with no problems. If you have IXtreme 1.6 firmware like I do, remember to burn the activate.iso to another DL DVD and insert it into the tray and let it read it. Then insert the game disc. If you don't know what an activate.iso or how to make one see http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/topic/95137-ixtreme-16-activateiso-tutorial-pics/

Hope that helps someone.

J

JNS

Reaction score
alright, this is my first time trying to flash an xbox so i don't exactly know what to do...

i've been having the same problem as jherman08:
I cant get it to read, i power on and off and it never works.

it will have something like 0x52
then i turn my xbox on and it will go to 0xD2 and just keep changing from 0x52 to 0xD2
over and over powered on and off 15 times.

any help eclipse?

This is after i type DosFlash
then it says the MTKFLASH error, then i type Y
except i usually see the status: 0x51 error - but once I saw a status: 0x80

I tried what you suggested:
Have the Benq on when you turn the PC on. Then turn it off before you type dosflash. The type y and turn it back on.
but that didn't work for me either.

then I tried vexyl's suggestion:
This is how I got it to read my BenQ with dosflash 1.8 with a HP Pavilion Elite HPE-112Y practically out of the box PC. Here is my method.

Make sure you set the SATA Mode to IDE in BIOS (As mine is defaulted to RAID. Windows 7 crashes (Blue screen of death) if it's set to IDE, but you are booting DOS, so it's good.)

Assuming you followed the guide to setup your bootable flash drive:

Unplug all SATA cords from the SATA ports of your PC. This is to protect against accidental flashing of the firmware of your innocent hardware.

Connect a SATA cord to your PC and XBox 360 BenQ DVD Drive

Boot into DOS with flash drive

Power on XBox 360

Type DOSFLASH and press enter

It will most likely fail this try

If you are using dosflash 1.8 it will show you additional techniques, the next one being Magic something, do not continue yet.

While the XBox 360 is still powered on, unplug the SATA cord from the XBox 360.

Wait until the XBox 360 loads the dashboard (THE XBOX 360 SHOULD BE POWERED ON THE WHOLE TIME FROM WHEN YOU BOOT DOS).

Once at the dashboard reconnect the SATA cord to your XBox 360 BenQ DVD Drive.

Now continue by typing Y and press enter.

but I still can't get my benq into vendor mode

I have also tried doing everything in jungle flasher, and running dosflash32 in windows

any help is greatly appreciated - thanks in advance

L

l3lackitty

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi, thanks for these instructions!
Everything worked perfect up until step 8, my DataSum: was like "CFFO(or 0)" (If knowing this exact data sum will help, Ill go look at it again.
I am powering my Benq Drive with the 360.
When I reboot my computer to run my normal OS and get to JF and continue this tutorial, my computer freezes on loading Windows where it has always been freezing when I have this Benq drive connected :/
DosFlash read the Benq fine, as I have it connected via onboard Sata. . thingie. .

Ive been working on this all morning! Please help me out <3

Edit: On the point where I hit y to resend until it finds the drive. . I Power Cycle my 360 (since thats the power source for my Benq). And when the 360 comes back on I just abort and then DosFlash finds my Benq drive anyways, instead of waiting while the Status 0x51 goes away.

Also, to make my tray halfway open, When I power on the 360 (my drive is already half way open) I stick my fingers on inside and outside of tray to hold it in place until the 360 stops trying to suck in the tray and thus it sits in halfway mode. . Is this the wrong way to get my drive to be halfway open?

I DEEPLY appreciate any responses. . Im about to sell these two perfectly fine 360s on Craigslist for dirt cheap because I've run into every single flashing related error you can possibly run into for this benq drive and my other Hitachi drive. .

iTry MadHard

iTry MadHard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can someone tell me why I don't get the win98boot file in my usb folder?

hunter5070

hunter5070

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now i have a BenQ Drive as well but i only have the sata cable not the other stuff only thing i have is the sata cable and usb (My console is already banned so thats out the way) im asking how do i configure my drive to show up on jungleflasher or dosflash like i don't understand could anyone help me with that
[I Only Have Sata + A Normal Usb] so can anyone help me plz And im already CONSOLE BANNED

imdanyo

imdanyo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Each time I type DosFlash it just says No ATAPI devices present. wut do?

Top Bottom
Login
Register