• Thread starter Exotonics
  • Start date
  • Views 336
Exotonics

Exotonics

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm buying a Xbox tomorrow or Saturday and it doesnt read games well the disc tray opens and everything it's just it doesn't read games well the guys says anyways to fix I heard about using a q-tip and dip it in a bit of rubbing alchool and cleaning the laser very carefully anyother good methods?

J

JoinTheResistance

Dead to the world, alive for the journey...
Reaction score
Sin$
Well rubbing alcohol might be a bit strong. I mean I've used it, but usually I prefer to use water, and then just dry it quickly with a dry q-tip. Another thing you can do is decrease the resistance of the current going to the laser. Tell me the drive model and I can link you to a tutorial.

xK1LLA KONGx

xK1LLA KONGx

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm buying a Xbox tomorrow or Saturday and it doesnt read games well the disc tray opens and everything it's just it doesn't read games well the guys says anyways to fix I heard about using a q-tip and dip it in a bit of rubbing alchool and cleaning the laser very carefully anyother good methods?
Look up on how to tweak a laser pot. You do this it'll fix it 100% if tweaked correctly, don't use q-tips or rubbing alcohol lol, It can work yes. But it's very hard to get a laser dirty, very.

Well rubbing alcohol might be a bit strong. I mean I've used it, but usually I prefer to use water, and then just dry it quickly with a dry q-tip. Another thing you can do is decrease the resistance of the current going to the laser. Tell me the drive model and I can link you to a tutorial.
I wouldn't suggest this at all.

J

JoinTheResistance

Reaction score
Sin$
Look up on how to tweak a laser pot. You do this it'll fix it 100% if tweaked correctly, don't use q-tips or rubbing alcohol lol, It can work yes. But it's very hard to get a laser dirty, very.

I wouldn't suggest this at all.
Um, why not? By tweaking the pot you are doing that, decreasing the resistance, you know this right?

xK1LLA KONGx

xK1LLA KONGx

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
Um, why not? By tweaking the pot you are doing that, decreasing the resistance, you know this right?
Because, ask any professional who has their own reflow setup or repair 360s professionally. None of them recommend cleaning the laser unless taking apart and using 100% alcohol but that's the last option. If you don't want to replace the laser or know how to de-solder the anti-static point you can simply tweak the pot. Which i've done thousands of times and never have had a problem and 90% of the time it says open tray / long read times. Tweak the laser, get it perfect and the read times are 4-9 seconds and never have a problem!

J

JoinTheResistance

Reaction score
Sin$
Because, ask any professional who has their own reflow setup or repair 360s professionally. None of them recommend cleaning the laser unless taking apart and using 100% alcohol but that's the last option. If you don't want to replace the laser or know how to de-solder the anti-static point you can simply tweak the pot. Which i've done thousands of times and never have had a problem and 90% of the time it says open tray / long read times. Tweak the laser, get it perfect and the read times are 4-9 seconds and never have a problem!
I know that the pot tweaking works, but not 100% of the time. Sometimes the laser has just had it's time and tweaking the pots doesn't help at all.

Exotonics

Exotonics

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
all tweaking the pot is when you turn the right screw a bit correct bc I saw that technique on YouTube too also pushing the laser and what holds it fully foward and that will fix it too 
I know that the pot tweaking works, but not 100% of the time. Sometimes the laser has just had it's time and tweaking the pots doesn't help at all.
I can do both can I not I can't see it being bad if I do both im buying the Xbox off some guy so I don't even know how old it is so maybe it does have a dirty laser lol

J

JoinTheResistance

Reaction score
Sin$
Of course you can do both it just doesn't work 100% of the time. Usually it does, though.

Exotonics

Exotonics

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Of course you can do both it just doesn't work 100% of the time. Usually it does, though.
well im getting the xbox for 10$ and it comes with a 120 gb hardrive all the cords and the wireless adapter so me reselling it should make my money back but if it works im going to keep it lol but i could probably sell it all for 30-40 maybe

Top Bottom
Login
Register