How to fix a bad flash?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360' started by adem70, Jan 27, 2009 with 7 replies and 3,600 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adem70

adem70 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    so my xbox got a bad flash and i need to get it fixed cause ill piratically die if i have to wait 2 weeks for it to be fixed by microsoft. i used the jungle flash method and when it was writing it the program crashed.. so now jungle flasher when started sometimes crashes my computer or when i do get it to work it cannot find my drive? i tried the methods using usb drives but no luck. my computer cant boot from them. please if anybody has anyclue or even if they think they can help, send me a pm or a reply!

2. Scar

Scar Retired Retired

Ratings:
    Its bricked. but since you should have the original firmware file you could just buy a new drive and flash that to your keys. as MS will not fix it since the warranty is broken.

3. OP
    adem70

adem70 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    yeah the original firmware was lost when the thing crashed unless im searching for the wrong thing? what would it be saved as? also i saved the sticker and it doesn not seam like it was tampered with, and i read that they do not really check so would they still repair it or not?

4. Scar

Scar Retired Retired

Ratings:
    The original file would be Org_ then the brand of drive you have. you should still have it or at least the hacked one since they make you save both. And yes, MS will take it as long as the sticker looks fine.

5. Amurka

Amurka Contributor

Ratings:
    my sticker looked like **** and they fixed my xbox, you should be fine as long as its there.

6. OP
    adem70

adem70 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    alright thanks for the positives comments and my sticker looks decent so i hope they fix it. also would the hacked version be benq-OfW.bin or Benq-CFW.bin? because i have both of those and im not sure wich is wich? and wich is a cheap drive i can buy and flash as a replacement for the bricked one?

7. Scar

Scar Retired Retired

Ratings:
    OFW = Original Firmware. CFW = hacked

8. Haxalot88

Haxalot88 VIP VIP

Ratings:
    can't you still flash a benq even if there's no firmware on the drive? I'm not sure where I read that, but it seems like they were pretty much unbrickable by anything short of tampering with the hardware.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.