How to Firmware Mod your Xbox 360 using a Windows 64-bit OS

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Firmware Modding Tutorials' started by AzzidReign, Oct 23, 2009 with 499 replies and 407,377 views.

1. TRMx JTAG

TRMx JTAG Enthusiast

Ratings:
    people and hacking these days most of use at se7ensins learned from azzid this worked and i love it looks kind of weird but awsome se7ensins is like the main hacking place i think.

2. Turtinja

Turtinja Newbie

Ratings:
    So as it turns out i have a lite-on, is there no way to maybe transfer my key to another drive (Hitachi) that my friend has? Am i just skrewed since i dont have the connectivity kit?

3. crook47

crook47 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    the only way to get your key is with the special tools for xecuter but there is a way to solder and do it but idk how

4. Turtinja

Turtinja Newbie

Ratings:
    Isn't there one version of liteon that just the SATA card is required? I read that in a tutorial pdf >_>

5. CrazyMiKe Modz

CrazyMiKe Modz Newbie

Ratings:
  6. Marda

Marda Enthusiast

Ratings:
    how long should erasing take mine seems to be take a long time 5 mins now

DW Fixed

7. Mudkip

Mudkip The Mudkip

Ratings:
    is there another spot to download the software im getting a error from rapidshare saying theres to many people downloading at this time

EDIT: i found all of the programs through google, thanks for a great guide im up to erasing my drive now and so far its going good !

8. MVP03

MVP03 Newbie

Ratings:

Hey Man can someone help my out i am having the same problem i get to DosFlash64 and it says Magic28 command but everytime it does, it fails. Because of that fail it tells me to try Geremia's unlock method. "Eject drive tray, power off drive, push drive tray in until it is half open, power on drive, press "Yes" if you are ready." and I do put it in Mode B and it brings me back to the Magic 28 and i click yes and it doesn't do anything help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Man can someone help my out i am having the same problem i get to DosFlash64 and it says Magic28 command but everytime it does, it fails. Because of that fail it tells me to try Geremia's unlock method. "Eject drive tray, power off drive, push drive tray in until it is half open, power on drive, press "Yes" if you are ready." and I do put it in Mode B and it brings me back to the Magic 28 and i click yes and it doesn't do anything help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Sync

Sync Nine Meals From Anarchy Retired

Ratings:
    great tutorial Thanks for it

10. beano2

beano2 Newbie

Ratings:
    Wow thanks for the tut just done both my sons xbox,s
    many thanks

11. Madcap 7s

Madcap 7s Enthusiast

Ratings:
  12. Dirty Bastard

Dirty Bastard Newbie

Ratings:
    Hi, I am attempting this on a laptop. I have Windows 7 and an eSATA port. I can't seem to get dosflash to recognize my toshiba-samsung drive, nor anything else. I have connected the drive into the eSATA port directly with a SATA to eSATA cable, do I need to do something different there? Or can I get my computer to recognize the drive without buying a chipset? Any help would be appreciated. A very good tutorial btw.

13. guywithatruck

guywithatruck Newbie

Ratings:
    i have gone through step by step several times with a Hitachi drive and samsung and cant get DosFlash64 to work on either of them i see the drive but all i get is "MTK Vendor Intro Failed" on both cant get any farther then that what do i do? i have an internal sata ports 5 of them with my hard drive in one and the 360 drive in the other

14. Freebird

Freebird Newbie

Ratings:
    The link in the main post for "How to flash a Xbox 360 LiteOn DVD Drive with DosFlash v1.8 " is broken. Can anyone direct me to where that is supposed to go? thanks!

15. entirelyace

entirelyace Newbie

Ratings:
  16. NateBirkas

NateBirkas Newbie

Ratings:
  17. ZaoDev

ZaoDev Newbie

Ratings:
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/PNY+-+2-Channel+SATA+II+RAID+PCI+Card/8552327.p?id=1188562133392&skuId=8552327&st=VIA%20Sata%20Card%20with%20Chipset%206421&cp=1&lp=4

Somebody PLEASE tell me if this will work

18. ZaoDev

ZaoDev Newbie

Ratings:
    Okay, so I get to:

2. Go to your DosFlash64 folder, right click the DosFlash64 file, run as administrator.
    You will more than likely see this if you have a BenQ:
    [image]

But the problem is that where it says something about the Magic28 Command, that doesn't show up for me.
    I do not know what the problem is, and I desperately need help.

19. NZ Lars

NZ Lars Enthusiast

Ratings:
    legit when the LT 2.0 or 1.9 comes out ill try using this!!!
    Completely screwed my computer last time lol. Ended up having like 5 blue screens and countless start up repairs and freezes.

Cheers mate!!

20. DemiZe

DemiZe Contributor

Ratings:
    Thanks, this is the best tutorial I've seen out and taught me how to flash my Xbox.