How to Film Mod

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Modding Tutorials' started by CausingEl loco, Dec 2, 2008 with 15 replies and 1,883 views.

1. CausingEl loco

CausingEl loco Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Ok first off, make a film mod using any of the other tutorials for film modding and rehash/resign. Ok then Bungie made that crappy update and you can't film mod anymore [​IMG] nope! First time I'll thank MS. They put in a code that erases all updates for all games on your HDD.
    Go to the System blade on your dashboard. Hit memory. Then highlight your harddrive and press
    Y X X LB RB X X
    It will say that this will perform maintainence, hit ok
    Also this must be done when you are not connected to LIVE and the INTERNET.
    Read WARNINGS to find out why.

WARNINGS

This can ruin your whole XBOX but that is a very very low chance
    This also erases ALL updates for ALL games stored on that harddrive. But you can download them again and will have to if you want to play online.

2. bubblebuddyi

bubblebuddyi Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Re: HOW TO FILM MOD even though the new update came, I think this should be pinned

All your doing is clearing your xbox's cache... not new news, old news. It's been out for like a year now lol.

3. Mr Shrimpy

Mr Shrimpy Banned

Ratings:
    Re: HOW TO FILM MOD even though the new update came, I think this should be pinned

he never said it is new. but he is saying thta u can film mod now, thanks dude.

4. Anonymous Joey

Anonymous Joey Enthusiast

Ratings:

Yeah I think he's getting at
    *Clear Cache
    *Upload modded content, i.e. a modded film
    *Connect to XBL and download update
    *Modded content online

I'm pretty sure after you connect to XBL the modded content goes corrupt due to the update you attempted to avoid by clearing your cache. Bungie & MS make mistakes yes, but they do know how to fix them.

//fail until further proof :thumbdown:

5. tOxiC x

tOxiC x Member

Ratings:

Nice, but fits Halo 3 Modding better then Xbox360 tuts.

6. unknown v2

unknown v2 VIP VIP

Ratings:

You can still mod films...

7. OP
    CausingEl loco

Ratings:

yeah i never said it was new lol and it does work and cheaper than buying a resigner.
    also in my other posts i have superaisons new resigner posted and its free so you might want to check that one out

8. BlackOps

BlackOps Enthusiast

Ratings:

Theirs a few thing wrong there. Clearing your cache wont let you used an banned KV (you cant downgrade you system with out a chip). So what if you get superasion's program you can't do anything with it, you need to be able to sign in to use it.

9. Halodu2de

Halodu2de Newbie

Ratings:

i know you would have to use mine and since when does clearing the cache make mods work with nxe? and there are like 10 free keyvaults out...

• Like Like x 1
  10. DJ Shepherd

DJ Shepherd Banned

Ratings:

Dude this whole topic is spam

The Halo 3 update did not do ANYTHING about modding halo content, you can still film mod, ive been doing it online for my friends throughout the update

The NXE bans the keyvaults, they dont allow files to be read if the file is signed with a public KV, the Kernel of the Xbox does that, NOT halo, so you NEED a privy KV or resigner

11. OP
    CausingEl loco

Ratings:

wait so you can still mod films with the regular signer?

12. DJ Shepherd

DJ Shepherd Banned

Ratings:

no if you actually read my post youd see this:

13. Mod4

Mod4 Enthusiast

Ratings:

Proof?

14. DJ Shepherd

DJ Shepherd Banned

Ratings:

no need to, he is full of it

15. Mod4

Mod4 Enthusiast

Ratings:

I know, I was attempting to challenge him.

16. unknown v2

unknown v2 VIP VIP

Ratings:
    I think we should review his statement again.

So, basically, he's saying, for it to work, you would have to get a keyvault from somewhere for free, or pay five dollars for his.