Content Green and Yellow
Content Team
VIP
Retired
Mythical Veteran Scaling the Mountain Platinum Record
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Along the same lines as my Save Game Extracting Thread, ever since I started my service for editing GPDs/Profiles, I've had to explain this process a number of times. I have looked around and not been able to find a nice, easy guide for this process. So I made my own. :smile:

How to Extract your GPD file

Xbox Users
Download Horizon : HERE

1. You will first need to Move your profile from your Xbox HDD to a USB flash drive.

2. Plug your flash drive into your PC and open Horizon.

3. In the Device Explorer on the right hand side you should see a file tree. You are looking for the folder that says Gamer Profiles.

Extracting a Profile

tMiONaL.jpg

This will generate a file that is a string of letters and numbers.
This is needed to to open the GPD file for editing.

4. Right click on your profile and select Extract file. Save it to a location where you can easily find it again.

5. Now drag the profile over to the dark grey area on the left and select Contents on the tab near the top.

Extracting the GPD file

UPewtk8.jpg

6. Scroll down until you find the 5454087C.gpd. Right click and Extract file to the same folder as the profile.

7. You should now have a folder with your Profile and GPD. I suggest using WinRAR to compress these files together for easy sharing.

Adding files to a WinRAR archive

kGFrDdB.jpg

8. Now you have a file ready to share. Upload this to a hosting site such as Mediafire or email it to the person who will be modding your GPD.

9. Once you receive the file back (it may only be the modded GPD file which is all that is needed) reopen Horizon and drag your profile into the grey area. Right click on the GPD file and choose Replace. Then you may Save, Rehash, and Resign.

10. To move the Profile back to your Xbox, start it up with the flash drive in the Xbox. Move the Profile back to the Xbox and then start up Borderlands 2. You should have your modified stats.

11. If the above does not work, it has been mentioned to try starting up Borderlands 2 without being signed in and then signing in from the USB. Go into the game and check your stats. They should be the modded ones that you set. Return to the main menu and move your Profile back to your Xbox HDD.

PC Users

All you need to do is go to your Borderlands 2 save folder. It is typically located in the following or similar location:

C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Documents\my games\borderlands 2\willowgame\savedata\74561193071261730

EHGoApf.jpg

If you’re modding this yourself, just direct the editor to this location to open your profile. If you are having someone else modify your profile, just get them this file. Just save the modified file back into this folder. :biggrin:

VIDEO TUTORIAL

Last edited:
Spacecat

Spacecat

Reaction score
Sin$
I tried to move my profile from my hard drive to my flash drive yesterday (done it a million times before) and it said there was an error completing that action. Any ideas on what the problem is? Maybe try a different flash drive?

DOMIN8

DOMIN8

Content Green and Yellow
Content Team
VIP
Retired
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I tried to move my profile from my hard drive to my flash drive yesterday (done it a million times before) and it said there was an error completing that action. Any ideas on what the problem is? Maybe try a different flash drive?
That happens sometimes. I just restart the Xbox and then do it again and it usually works just fine.

Spacecat

Spacecat

Reaction score
Sin$
That happens sometimes. I just restart the Xbox and then do it again and it usually works just fine.
I tried that, but to no avail, oh well, I was only looking to easily unlock all the krieg customizations, but I can just download a save with them on it, thank you for all your tutorials by the way :smile:

badeentje

badeentje

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
WIth my xbox i got the same problem.

Also restarted the Xbox but still got the problem.
Used a other usb and the same.

badeentje

badeentje

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I cant edit my reply but it worked.

Only thing is when i join a mate , the xbox crashes.

Dont know why.A single playergame works but a co op doesnt

DOMIN8

DOMIN8

Content Green and Yellow
Content Team
VIP
Retired
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I cant edit my reply but it worked.

Only thing is when i join a mate , the xbox crashes.

Dont know why.A single playergame works but a co op doesnt
Did you mod any of your stats way too high?

badeentje

badeentje

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
No i didnt change my stats at all.

Just unlocked the skins and 30 badasss points , nothing more

DOMIN8

DOMIN8

Content Green and Yellow
Content Team
VIP
Retired
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Hrm... That shouldn't cause you're game to freeze? What character are you using?

badeentje

badeentje

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Siren and gunzerker it happend.

O and i added 250 golden keys just for fun

DOMIN8

DOMIN8

Content Green and Yellow
Content Team
VIP
Retired
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Hrm... strange... I heard of one of Krieg's heads or skins causing weird freezing issues but not those other two... The stats you've modded shouldn't cause anything like that to happen. I've modded my own gpd and many other peoples way more than that and never had an issue...

badeentje

badeentje

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I don't know what went wrong , but i did it again and now its all good.

Everything works.
So iets great!!!!!

Spacecat

Spacecat

Reaction score
Sin$
Hrm... strange... I heard of one of Krieg's heads or skins causing weird freezing issues but not those other two... The stats you've modded shouldn't cause anything like that to happen. I've modded my own gpd and many other peoples way more than that and never had an issue...
the same happened to me after I unlocked customizations, it made my Krieg not able to play online with anyone, but I just deleted the save and made a new krieg, no big deal

everything works fine now

DtroitPunk

DtroitPunk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
ARGGH... Horizon download keeps prompting Avast to say potentially unwanted program has been detected... Claims there is a win 32 virus.. 
ARGGH... Horizon download keeps prompting Avast to say potentially unwanted program has been detected... Claims there is a win 32 virus..

DOMIN8

DOMIN8

Content Green and Yellow
Content Team
VIP
Retired
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Horizon does bundle adware with their install but, you can decline all of it. Just shutoff Avast temporarily and install it. Then if you want just run MBAM afterwards.

DtroitPunk

DtroitPunk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Horizon does bundle adware with their install but, you can decline all of it. Just shutoff Avast temporarily and install it. Then if you want just run MBAM afterwards.

Thanks!

Just FYI and for whomever wants to know though...

I did disable my Anti-Virus (Avast) and my Firewall (Comodo) caught them trying to download safesearch after I already disabled all four choices that were shown!

So there is at least one hidden download still embedded and without any option for denial. Luckily Comodo blocked it and I am running scans now.

Not sure if this is related but likely since I do scans pretty often but MBA found something called Premier Opinion too and the scan is still running...

OKAY... MBAM found like 10 files or instances of premier online. I then did a boot sector scan with Avast and it found horizon-setup (2) .exe infected by Win32: Download-H (PUP) but that may just be registry remains from Avast blocking it twice earlier...

Running MBAM once more just to be safe.

Last edited:
Top Bottom
Login
Register