• Start date
  • Views 125,059
D

DOMIN8

Retired Green and Yellow
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Ever since I started my service for editing Game Saves, I've had to explain this process a number of times. I have looked around and not been able to find a nice, easy guide for this process. So I made my own. :smile:

How to Extract a Game Save with Horizon
Download Horizon : HERE

1. You will first need to copy your Game Save(s) from you Xbox HDD to a flash drive.

2. Plug in your flash drive to your PC and open Horizon.

3. You can either extract the entire save file or just the character save. If you are sending the save to someone to mod it for you, they may not have Horizon to extract the character save file.

Extracting the Save File

This will generate a save file called SaveXXXX.save where the X’s will represent a number such as Save0001.sav. The number will depend on how many saves you have created on your Xbox.

This type of file can't be directly opened in Gibbed for modding. That would require the character save to be extracted from this type of save. If you are just looking to send a save to another Xbox user, you can just send them this save and they can open it in Horizon and put in their Profile ID and Save, Rehash, and Resign and use it on their Xbox.

4. The other option is to extract just the character save file. Just drag the save over to the dark grey area in Horizon and go to the Contents tab near the top of the window.

Extracting a character Save File

This type of save can be directly opened in Gibbed and modded. It would need to be injected into a dummy save. Just right click the SaveGame.sav in Horizon and hit Replace. Then select the save file you want to use.

5. Right click on the SaveGame.sav and hit Extract. Save the file to a location on your computer where you can easily find it again.

6. Since all saves will be named SaveGame.sav you may want to create separate folders for each save. If you are sending multiple saves to someone, I recommend using WinRAR to compress them into a single file.

Adding files to a WinRAR archive

You are now ready to mod your character save with an editor or send it to someone to mod it for you. :biggrin:

7. After modding your save, make sure to save it in Gibbed over the top of your extract save. Then navigate back to Horizon to your open character save and right-click and Replace the save file by choosing the one you just modded. Then remember to Save, Rehash and Resign and copy back to your Xbox.

VIDEO TUTORIAL:

Last edited:
S

swaid626

Reaction score
this is probably a dumb question but i was able to mod my character in gibbed (using the horizon method you have here) and now im having problems getting the file from gibbed back to horizon so i can put it on the xbox...

R

RetroDeer

Reaction score
WE DONT HAVE THE SAME VERSION AND IF WE DO EMAIL ME

D

DOMIN8

Retired Green and Yellow
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
WE DONT HAVE THE SAME VERSION AND IF WE DO EMAIL ME
Why are you yelling at me?
You can do this regardless of the version of Horizon.

R

RetroDeer

Reaction score
you never told me you needed gibbed borderlands 2 modded save

R

RetroDeer

Reaction score
you never told me you needed gibbed borderlands 2 modded save 
to mod it!
In the video you use gibbed borderlands 2 save editor and i cant open .rar files

D

DOMIN8

Retired Green and Yellow
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
I thought you already had downloaded a save you wanted to use. If you want to mod your own of course you'll need Gibbed....

R

RetroDeer

Reaction score
but i still cant open and put the saves i need to help shroomz the ones that you gave me

D

DOMIN8

Retired Green and Yellow
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
You need to create dummy saves on your Xbox and replace the SaveGame files with the ones you downloaded.

R

RetroDeer

Reaction score
it says "Access to the path domin8ing save set (Xbox) .rar is denied 
i cant even open it to look at the amount of saves how many are their?

D

DOMIN8

Retired Green and Yellow
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
lol... you need to extract the files from the .rar first...

D

DOMIN8

Retired Green and Yellow
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Do you even have WinRAR installed? If not, you'll obviously need that... lol...

R

RetroDeer

Reaction score
IT COSTS MONEY 
I CANT BUY IT I HAVE NO MONEY

D

DOMIN8

Retired Green and Yellow
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
WinRAR is free.

U

Undeadhuntr

Reaction score
i followed all the intructions. but gibbed is telling me the file is not supported when I try and open the save. what do I do?

D

DOMIN8

Retired Green and Yellow
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
i followed all the intructions. but gibbed is telling me the file is not supported when I try and open the save. what do I do?
Did you select Xbox from the drop down menu before clicking open?

Top Bottom