What's new

Tutorial How to expand Storage below 265GB !!!

• Thread starter Dante Ortega
  • Start date
  • Views 1,714
Dante Ortega

Dante Ortega

Reaction score
Sin$
Hey Guys,
Im pretty new here but i had to post this.

First of all,
as most of us should know. We cant expand Storage with Drives or SSDs below 265GB and for some People that may be a Problem.
Some People may dont have a spare Drive or want to spend much money just to get a few gigs more.
Or my Problem:
I had a spare 120Gb SSD evo 850 from Samsung layin around, and i just needed 2 Games to load faster.

So we cant use expansion for Games below 265GB? Technically thats wrong.
The Xbox reads and accepts Devices below that but it doesnt allow them to be used as Game Storage devices.

Now i want to show you Guys how to make the Xbox see your drive as a Game Storage device and not as a Media Storage.

frist of all youll need a External Drive or a HDD/SSD and a USB3 Adapter to Sata to connect your Drive. Also youll need a little Tool called: XBOX One Drive Converter (Version 1.1 at least).

Now you are gonna connect your Device to your Computer and open the Tool.
Inside the Tool you Are going to click on "Create XBOX Drive" (this Program Makes changes to the Drives MBR, so please be sure to pick the right device). After you have picked your Drive connected to the PC the Program is going to edit the MBr of the Device and the Device will be recognized as a XBOX Storage and wont be recognized by the Computer anymore. to make sure it worked, plug your Drive out and plug it back again. If your Computer doesnt show the Drive under "This PC" anymore, everything is fine.

NOw you are going to turn Your Xbox One on and plug your new Drive into the XBOX One. The Xbox One is going to recognize the Device as a Game Storage (You may have to format it Again if it Asks to) and you will see Free Space and Percentage of Free Storage on it.

The Xbox will accept the Device but you wont be able to Move things from your Xbox to the Drive!!

If you want a Game on your External Drive you will have to set your external Storage as your Main Download Destination in your Settings and install it again, so it will be installed directly to your new Drive.

i personally only use it for 1 Game: GTA V and its worth it i think.
Loading times:
Startup on internal: 04:01 Minutes
Startup on SSD: 01:39 Minutes

Excuse my English skills...

danguy2009

danguy2009

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Could this make a hard drive that wont work on the xbox, work? I have a Toshiba Stor-e basics 500gb and the Xbox doesn't even see the drive, not even for media. I could test it right now but cant find the cable lol.

HexDecimal

HexDecimal

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Hard drive might be bad if the xbox doesn't even see it for media. Unless it is formatted something like ext3.

danguy2009

danguy2009

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Tried it, didn't work. The hdd is fine in windows and it used to be used on my old xkey 360, I think it just needs more power on the one. Time to buy a powered desktop hdd or a y cable :smile:

Top Bottom
Login
Register