What's new

Solved How to enable Intel Turbo Technology

C

Cali

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Hello, my brother recently got a laptop and according to the Amazon listing, you could apparently use Intel Turbo Technology to boost from 2.70 GHz to 3.30 GHz but I can't figure out how to enable it for the life of me. Every video I watched, it's done through BIOS settings but I can't seem to find anything in the BIOS settings that does this.

Here is the exact computer listing :
Any help would be appreciated.

Operating System
  1. Windows
C

Courvix

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First of all, you didn't actually list the laptop. Secondly, have you verified that turbo boost isn't already enabled by default? You can do this by monitoring the CPU clock speeds.

C

Cali

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
First of all, you didn't actually list the laptop. Secondly, have you verified that turbo boost isn't already enabled by default? You can do this by monitoring the CPU clock speeds.
The amazon link is up there but for some reason it can’t be clicked. Here’s a picture of the laptop and the description.

Also, I can confirm that it isn’t already enabled by default because I’ve checked the speeds. For some reason I cant even find the option to turn it on or off. All threads and videos I find say it’s in the BIOS menu but I can’t find anything in the BIOS regarding the turbo technology.

C

Courvix

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The amazon link is up there but for some reason it can’t be clicked. Here’s a picture of the laptop and the description.

Also, I can confirm that it isn’t already enabled by default because I’ve checked the speeds. For some reason I cant even find the option to turn it on or off. All threads and videos I find say it’s in the BIOS menu but I can’t find anything in the BIOS regarding the turbo technology.

I'm not very familiar with OEM laptops and their CPU's. So I can only think of a thing things.

1). Check that the laptop isn't in power saving mode, and is in fact in high performance mode.
2). It may actually already be enabled by default, and the CPU clock will not rise until under a certain load threshold (I've noticed this on my own system, the clock will only rise from 4.0 GHz to 4.2 when under a lot of load (regular activities won't cut it)).
3). I found this HP support article explaining Turbo Boost, not 100% sure if it applies to that particular system as well. - https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02486485
4). Here's another page detailing performance and power saving plans in power management options - https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01923163

Top Bottom