How to Download Halo 3 Beta still

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Mod Downloads' started by corpse, Feb 5, 2009 with 28 replies and 2,948 views.

1. corpse

corpse Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Ok so idk if everyone already knows this but if you downloaded Halo 3 beta back when it came out you can still do it today without even having crackdown. Its very simple, go to your dashboard/account management/ download history/ then look for a crackdown download and then on the far right it will say halo 3 beta. Now i relize there is probably nothing you can do with this because i am a noob. I was just thinking maybe with all the new saving games to HDD bs, and like people making backups of 360 games maybe there is some 1337 out there who will figure out how to get it to work. IDK!, but yea. I would extract it from my HDD but i forget all the paths to get to **** anymore lol.:thumbup:

play customs of course the server is def down. You use to be able to play customs in the beta.

2. Venomous Fire

Venomous Fire Retired Admin 4 Life Retired

Ratings:
    you just have a 1gig waste of space

To do anything with it you have to be able to resign the XeX and the container its in *LIVE I think?*, which we cannot do

3. unknown v2

unknown v2 VIP VIP

Ratings:
    Yeah, it's in a LIVE container.

It's completely useless to people without dev kits that know what they are doing.

4. OP
    corpse

corpse Enthusiast

Ratings:
    someone obtain a fuggin dev kit, then obtain the proper skills then lol:thumbup:

like i said noob here, is there soem way to edit halo3 to load say teh valhalla.map from the beta

5. BlackOps

BlackOps Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Why would you want to play the old Valhalla? The only differences are like the glitches, but that's pointed because with a devkit you can delete invisible walls and death bariers.

6. OP
    corpse

corpse Enthusiast

Ratings:
    beta doesnt have any BR spread

7. unknown v2

unknown v2 VIP VIP

Ratings:
    No, you need a dev to edit the Halo 3 beta and Halo 3.

8. OP
    corpse

corpse Enthusiast

Ratings:
    cant u get a dev kit from [Click here to view the link]. Honestly if someone figured this out id pay money for it.

9. MINICHIMP 3

MINICHIMP 3 Getting There

Ratings:
    Yes, you can get one from M$ but you need to be a game developer and meet certain requirements.

10. unknown v2

unknown v2 VIP VIP

Ratings:
  11. OP
    corpse

corpse Enthusiast

Ratings:
    so none of you guys are 1337 enough?

12. MINICHIMP 3

MINICHIMP 3 Getting There

Ratings:
    There are plenty of people that have the ability to mod halo 3 and the beta. If you would look around the halo 3 modding section you would actually see some examples. Most people however cannot shell out the $1000+ to buy a dev kit. Not to mention that even if you where to get a hold of a dev kit, there is also a software part called the SDK which , unless you are very good friends with someone who has it, you are never going to get so that you can mod a video game. So i wouldn't advise saying that we are not "1337" enough because you are sorely mistaken. Speaking personally , i have a part of the necessary SDK to mod halo 3 but as a fore stated , do not have the funds to buy a kit. How ever if you wish to try to mod halo 3, i encourage you to visit the BST section because there is a member who is selling a reviewer kit. I believe he even lowered the price to $1100 if im not mistaken.:rolleyes:

13. dschu012

dschu012 Member

Ratings:
    Isn't easier/possible to extract models from the beta

14. Haxalot88

Haxalot88 VIP VIP

Ratings:
    yes, but none of that research or the tools pertaining to it were ever made public.

15. Darkie

Darkie Banned

Ratings:
    Not true, you can't edit invis barrires yet and death barriers you can only survive if you put your player as invinrable!

invinrable i mean in johnson not in the lobby*

16. OP
    corpse

corpse Enthusiast

Ratings:
    yo sorry if i offended you it was kinda a joking around/reverse psychology. I just didnt play the beta enough back then i was too into competitive h2.

17. Forgoten Dynasty

Forgoten Dynasty Free Sosa #bangbang Premium

Ratings:
    Hes saying if you mod the game on a dev kit you can.

18. Darkie

Darkie Banned

Ratings:
    i know, i dev kit mod and you can't remove death or invis barriers yet.

19. synth92

synth92 Member

Ratings:
    Wrong e-mail.

The dev kits and the SDK aren't free. I think the dev kits are around $800. Not only that, you will need to pay a $10,000 start-up fee.

20. CaLL Me ZeNy

CaLL Me ZeNy Enthusiast

Ratings:
    You can also download the Beta (Public - Friends & Family) from Xbox.com :
    [Click here to view the link]

The advantage of downloading the Beta from Xbox.com is that it will automatically be signed for your Xbox 360 and you can launch it anytime. :wink:

P.S.: Halo 3 Beta was better than the final game.
    [Click here to view the link]