• Views 21,250
Bingham

Bingham

Rum Ham
Donator
Reaction score
Sin$
Things Needed:

1. USB (Can not be configured to Xbox 360 all ready.)
2. Decent computer
3. A brain

Formats:
- .avi (divx and xvid compressed)
- .avi (non-compressed)
- .mpg 1 and 2
- .mov (Quicktime)
- .flv (Youtube format)
Tutorial:

1. OK so first off download a movie you would like to watch. List of Movies (Premium Only)

2. Once downloaded put the USB in the computer and drag the movie on the USB stick.

3. Once that is done transferring remove the USB and put it in your Xbox 360.

4. Boot up your Xbox 360 console and wait 15-20 Seconds.....

5. So once the USB is in go to the Dashboard.

6. Go under my Xbox and click "Video Library".

7. Once you click video library it should pop up portable device.

8. Click on the portable device and you should see the movie you have selected.

9. Click The Movie>Play And Enjoy Your Free Movie

Hope you enjoyed this tutorial.
Easier Tutorial:

1. First configure your Xbox and PC and set up the media center. All steps can be found here

2. After you are done setting it up. Go on your Xbox select movies and you can import movies.

3. This way is easier and faster. I made this tutorial kinda fast so if it does not make sense please tell me.
How to make your USB un-configured to your Xbox 360.

1. Make sure your USB is configured with your xbox
2. Plug it into your computer
3. Go to Computer and it should say Removable Disc
4. Right click and click format
5. Put Capacity on the highest one and File System on the (Default) one e.g. FAT32
6. And put the Allocation unit size on the highest one
7. Now click start and wait for it to finish
8. Congratulations you now have a un-configured Xbox USB

Joshrpg

Josh RPG

Qahnaarin
Retired
Beginning of An Odyssey Platinum Record
Reaction score
Sin$
I'v known about this for awhile. You should include what formats the 360 can read.

Bingham

Bingham

Rum Ham
Donator
Reaction score
Sin$
Added 'How to make your USB un-configured to your Xbox 360". Also added some formats. I will be added sizes later.

FreezeDry

FreezeDry

Reaction score
Sin$
Why not just setup media sharing from windows media player and share the folders on your computer to the 360 and stream all of your movies? It's much easier, just set your download folder to share and you could be watching them the second they finish downloading instead of wasting time running around with a flash drive in your hand. Also, I think Josh RPG meant video formats that the 360 is capable of playing (wmv, divx, avi, etc....) Good post tho, some might not know this.

J

Jabba099

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Why not just setup media sharing from windows media player and share the folders on your computer to the 360 and stream all of your movies? It's much easier, just set your download folder to share and you could be watching them the second they finish downloading instead of wasting time running around with a flash drive in your hand.
Agree completely. I have this setup, it's a piece of cake to fire up and also a plus for 1080p movies in which case multiple can be watched without getting off the sofa.
Much easier than buying an 8GB flashdrive, waiting for 20 minutes for the movie to transfer over and finally discovering that the movie is "incompatible".

I

iDoodLe

Reaction score
Sin$
you just posted the easiest tutorial ..im sure everyone who's not an idiot knew this.

TheBestKilleR

TheBestKilleR

ChiKKen Swoup
Mythical Veteran CotM Legendary Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
If only my premium didn't expire soon..but good tut
+rep :biggrin:

Bingham

Bingham

Rum Ham
Donator
Reaction score
Sin$
Why not just setup media sharing from windows media player and share the folders on your computer to the 360 and stream all of your movies? It's much easier, just set your download folder to share and you could be watching them the second they finish downloading instead of wasting time running around with a flash drive in your hand. Also, I think Josh RPG meant video formats that the 360 is capable of playing (wmv, divx, avi, etc....) Good post tho, some might not know this.

Added it as a tutorial.

Agree completely. I have this setup, it's a piece of cake to fire up and also a plus for 1080p movies in which case multiple can be watched without getting off the sofa.
Much easier than buying an 8GB flashdrive, waiting for 20 minutes for the movie to transfer over and finally discovering that the movie is "incompatible".

Added the tutorial for it.

Alright guys I added a much easier tutorial for it so I hope you all enjoy.

Silent Leecher

Silent Leecher

Silently Leeching. Don't Look Behind You.
Reaction score
Sin$
i think it would be easier to use orb. you can stream all your videos that are on your computer to your xbox. it can play almost any movies file. so you dont have to look for a specific type of movie file.

J

Jabba099

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks for taking the advice and adding Windows Media Center, Bingham +Rep

Top Bottom
Login
Register