What's new

Unsolved How to downgrade PS3 to 3.10 or even further to 1.0 (NEW QUESTION)

H

hans847

Reaction score
Hello i recently got my hands on a PS3 60GB with card readers... its on 4.6x Firmware i think.. how can i downgrade to 1.0 or any firmware.. i thought about 3.10 firmware...

i want to mess around a little bit with geohots first ps3 exploit :smile:
but i have no idea how to get my hands on OFW 3.10 ps3 so i thought about downgrading and then installing OFW

i would first try to install ps3xploit and install cfw... and then downgrading to 3.55.. but how can i got further than this?
so which downgrader should i use?
i can also downgrade with hardware and flashing nand if needed...

EDIT:
How i solved it:
Did the ps3xploit, then installed a 4.85 CFW (cannot remember), installed rogero999 downgrader via XMB, then installed toggle qa (rebug toggle qa) and enabled system update debug, then installed rogero 3.55 3.7 over recovery, and then installed 3.15 OFW over recovery...
now im on 3.15 with toggla qa in eeprom.. maybe i should have removed toggle qa before installing 3.15 but im not sure...

NEW QUESTION:
how can i remove toggle qa and reset everything on OFW?
A: Toggle QA is maybe useful for further purposes.. i leave it on there

Last edited:
D

DeeLaRoc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You need to do a check to see what the lowest firmware your console shipped with. Run minvercheck homebrew and it will tell you the lowest firmware you can install. Don’t try to install lower firmware than it shipped with or else you’ll end up with a brick.

H

hans847

Reaction score
You need to do a check to see what the lowest firmware your console shipped with. Run minvercheck homebrew and it will tell you the lowest firmware you can install. Don’t try to install lower firmware than it shipped with or else you’ll end up with a brick.
Can be downgraded to 1.0! But how? First installing Rogero999 downgrader and then 1.0?

H

hans847

Reaction score
This can be marked as solved...
Maybe this helps other people :smile:

Top Bottom