E

EclipseModz

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Check wiring.
Make sure the 360 power cable is plugged in.

dontmockme360

dontmockme360

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
EclipseModz said:
Check wiring.
Make sure the 360 power cable is plugged in.

Would it not work if the wires were to long?

D

Dirk

Reaction score
Sin$
I had the "could not detect controller" because I missed the 2 ground wire to 1 LPT pin connection. Once I wired them both up I had nandpro working great. If you're using a PC motherboard LPT port, make sure all the wires are correct, especially the 2 ground wires.

My problem (which I posted in http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/hardware-customizations/163415-install-xbreboot.html, but this is a more Xell specific thread) is after successfully dumping 2 nand bins (both identical) and degraded confirming my Jasper 16mb is indeed exploitable, when I write Xell.bin and boot I get E79 everytime.

My solder points look good and I tried both jtag methods, the only difference between them being one write/diode that either goes to the front panel or the bottom board.

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r...ck/diagram.jpg
Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

Which one is truly the correct version? I expect that they both work.

I resoldered the DB1F1 twice because it was the smallest point and I thought it might be the problem. Don't have time right now to upload a photo of the job, but it looks good. Better than my LPT cable job and it works great. Any tips on where a typical solder point problem? I assumed it would be DB1F1 due to the small size.

Also, do the jtag diodes really need to be on the side indicated? e.g. wire that goes under the board or to the front panel has the diode soldered to that end and not on the top of the motherboard. The diode is definately pointing in the right direction and I don't see why it shouldn't work as is.

Thanks for any tips. I'll post pics of my external hook up once I get this working.

A

angel31984

Reaction score
Sin$
@ dontmockme360
yes if your cables are to long it wont detect it try to only make them about 15 in. long from your 360 to your computer.:smile:

V

vegasss5576

Reaction score
Sin$
decima7e said:
what if it says "could not detect a valid flash controller"

I had the same problem! Just solder the lpt cable directly on the mainboard without the resistors! it will work if the other wiring is ok...

E

EclipseModz

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
dontmockme360 said:
Would it not work if the wires were to long?
Yes. They need to be as short as possible.
Dirk said:
I had the "could not detect controller" because I missed the 2 ground wire to 1 LPT pin connection. Once I wired them both up I had nandpro working great. If you're using a PC motherboard LPT port, make sure all the wires are correct, especially the 2 ground wires.

My problem (which I posted in http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/hardware-customizations/163415-install-xbreboot.html, but this is a more Xell specific thread) is after successfully dumping 2 nand bins (both identical) and degraded confirming my Jasper 16mb is indeed exploitable, when I write Xell.bin and boot I get E79 everytime.

My solder points look good and I tried both jtag methods, the only difference between them being one write/diode that either goes to the front panel or the bottom board.

I resoldered the DB1F1 twice because it was the smallest point and I thought it might be the problem. Don't have time right now to upload a photo of the job, but it looks good. Better than my LPT cable job and it works great. Any tips on where a typical solder point problem? I assumed it would be DB1F1 due to the small size.

Also, do the jtag diodes really need to be on the side indicated? e.g. wire that goes under the board or to the front panel has the diode soldered to that end and not on the top of the motherboard. The diode is definately pointing in the right direction and I don't see why it shouldn't work as is.

Thanks for any tips. I'll post pics of my external hook up once I get this working.
Only one ground needs to be connected. But if that got it working for you cool.

angel31984 said:
@ dontmockme360
yes if your cables are to long it wont detect it try to only make them about 15 in. long from your 360 to your computer.:smile:
Yup
vegasss5576 said:
I had the same problem! Just solder the lpt cable directly on the mainboard without the resistors! it will work if the other wiring is ok...
DO NOT DO THIS!

dontmockme360

dontmockme360

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Dirk said:

Could you take a photo of your soldering

E

EclipseModz

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I'll take a photo when I have another one soldered. Right now I solder when its being flashed since Im waiting on the supplies to make the permanent ports.

D

Dirk

Reaction score
Sin$
Actually, I screwed up a solder after all. It was an incorrect point. I think I was too distracted by the quality of the points and didn't pay enough attention to the fact I used the wrong one.

The jtag works for Xell now, snapped a shot of the cpu key.

However, after flashing xbreboot, I now get the Green/Red flashes. They alternate top/green/bottom/red, top/red/bottom/green. Any chance the flash was bad? I started a 2nd attempt but won't know for a bit. I extracted the kv and config from a good bin (I had 2 identicals and degraded claims they look good, cb and all), and injected into the XBR_Jasper_8955_1 bin.

Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks.

Is there anyway to test the bin inject? Degraded doesn't want to load the injected bin.

Do you have to flash to a different location for the 16m Jasper bin, like with a 256/512? I'm just guessing at this point. None of the xbreboot tuts I've seen mention all models are supported, Its just implied. Thanks.

E

EclipseModz

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
It probably just messed up during the flash. Wait till you second one is done. IF that still happens then there is something wrong with the xbr image.

D

Dirk

Reaction score
Sin$
UPDATE: Yup, it was a bad flash? The second attempt did the trick. Now I just need to figure out how to transfer my 20g content and saves to my 60g, and future 500g drive. Thanks!

roadkiller967

roadkiller967

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
if my dashboard is 2.0.8955.0 it will work right

D

dboi941

Reaction score
Sin$
Ok ive dumped my nand 2 times and made sure thay were the same and checked the cb to make sure it was hackable and it passed that but were im stuck is wean i try to wright the xell to the nand to get my cpu and it wont wright back its connect and everthang fine but it says cant read xell ive been stuck for like 3 hour at this same spot if someone can help id be very greatful i have teamviewer if i
can get someone to help me on that would be very great thanks

E

EclipseModz

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
make sure you are typing the name of the file correctly. If it still doesnt work redownload the xell file and extract it and try to flash it again.

D

dboi941

Reaction score
Sin$
Ya i did that for 3 hours lol i got another xbox thats never been online and it ant been played on in over a year so ill take it again with that.. thanks

superaison

superaison

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
For XBReboot, I don't think you have to flash with XELL first... It patches the raw kv and config.. No cpu key neccesary.

D

dboi941

Reaction score
Sin$
Its stiill haves the same problem i dont get it i done 3 diffrent xboxes all give the same err wean i try to wright any thang back(xell,xbr,or even my nand)
screenshotav.png

and i put xell in nandpro folder just like yhe tut says... and help i will be very greatful please

A

angel31984

Reaction score
Sin$
dboi941 said:
Its stiill haves the same problem i dont get it i done 3 diffrent xboxes all give the same err wean i try to wright any thang back(xell,xbr,or even my nand)
screenshotav.png

and i put xell in nandpro folder just like yhe tut says... and help i will be very greatful please

Ok here's something to try just put all the files under C:\Documents and Settings\dboi not in a folder, and type

nandpro lpt: -r16 Xell.bin

Case sensitive. Try that and let me know if it helps :smile:

D

dboi941

Reaction score
Sin$
do i just use that for the cmd or do i still put like C:\? but ill try it right now just got to boot up my coputer

Thats it i just changed your cmd from -r to -w and it worked thanks you so much after 3 days and trying to find help on 5 difrent website i got thats sooooooo muchhhhhhh your the best no homo. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register