• Thread starter ForrrestMaster
  • Start date
  • Views 107,432
U

ukjay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I have the same problem... I have only the 2 intel achievements left to get, it's just a matter of patience and timing I've been told but I've given up !!!!

I was told, make sure the game is not installed on HDD so it takes longer load times when doing the SPG. Every time I try to SPG with a clean CoD4 profile the screen freezes and the message screen appears telling me profile has changed... so irritating... I know how you feel. !!

X

xchueyx

Reaction score
Sin$
perhaps you guys need to create a clean account, and play the first level and save the game. if you are just making the account and going from there of course it wont work.

S

Spencive

Reaction score
Sin$
I tried switching it to veteran and also tried beating the first mission still haven't gotten it to work.

U

ukjay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I finally managed to do this so I could switch back to get my intel... its the same method but slightly changed...for those struggling try this instead...

1: Make sure your console wont sign into live and both profiles you use are on HDD
2: Make sure CoD4 actual Game is not on your HDD and delete your own profile saved game off HDD. Take out your controller battery pack and keep controller wired to console using only the charge cable.
2: Sign into the source profile, select Crew Expendible any difficulty. Then quickly sign out and sign into your own profile. Soon as you see the 'not able to sign into live message' press ok and unplug the charge cable wire and plug back in again straight away.

It should have worked... the only way it seemed to work for me! The main thing it needs is your controller being able to turn back on quickly and my battery pack took too long to get controller working

S

Spencive

Reaction score
Sin$
I still couldent get it working, would you send me a friend request on xbox, maybe i'm still doing somthing wrong

U

ukjay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
theres 4 keypoints...

Make sure you sign your account out as soon as the chapter begins to load...
Make sure you press X to choose your account to sign in and not just scroll to the (2 profiles etc) part
Make sure your controller disconnects as soon as you see your profile loaded on guide.
Make sure you connect your controller again so its back on just before the fully loaded bar at the bottom

R

rosenrot

Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks for the info! Now I can help my friend reap all the work I put into that 1000 :tongue:

X

x G ii L L Y

Reaction score
Sin$
i do this glitch but it loads way to fast and i dont unlock the missions on the other accoutn what am i doing wrong?

M

MakoEyeZz

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi, sorry but it's not working for me :frown:

So i deleted my saves, updates, create a blank account with 20G ( first mission achievement ) log in my blank account choose the second mission in veteran, press guide button quickly, X to sign out, X to sign into the main account, unplug usb cable, plug it back and got error message. and every missions are completed in veteran -_-' and intels picked up.

Can you help me, I want to reset my intels...
What's wrong ? anybody can make a video of this ?
I need to replug the usb cable after the game save ( yellow text at the top of the screen ) or before ?:?
And sorry about my ****ty english i'm not english or american...:S
My Gt : XtaZe StaTiiK
Thx.

T

thesnipestar

Reaction score
Sin$
How do i get the account on my memory card because it's currupted dont know wa else to try and half of the time it dont even show up on my xbox could you do a video which shows us exactly how to do from when you download it from rapidshare.com please to show me what to do or just tell me thanks,

Snipe

A

appleplum

Reaction score
Sin$
ukjay said:
I finally managed to do this so I could switch back to get my intel... its the same method but slightly changed...for those struggling try this instead...

1: Make sure your console wont sign into live and both profiles you use are on HDD
2: Make sure CoD4 actual Game is not on your HDD and delete your own profile saved game off HDD. Take out your controller battery pack and keep controller wired to console using only the charge cable.
2: Sign into the source profile, select Crew Expendible any difficulty. Then quickly sign out and sign into your own profile. Soon as you see the 'not able to sign into live message' press ok and unplug the charge cable wire and plug back in again straight away.

It should have worked... the only way it seemed to work for me! The main thing it needs is your controller being able to turn back on quickly and my battery pack took too long to get controller working

ukjay said:
theres 4 keypoints...

Make sure you sign your account out as soon as the chapter begins to load...
Make sure you press X to choose your account to sign in and not just scroll to the (2 profiles etc) part
Make sure your controller disconnects as soon as you see your profile loaded on guide.
Make sure you connect your controller again so its back on just before the fully loaded bar at the bottom

OK. So I successfully glitched everything as the original poster posted... GREAT! Then I realized since I glitched with a profile that had all the ahchievements I am no longer able to get any intel. NO INTEL. So I try on my own to glitch it back no success. Then I read this post by ukjay and try again his way. It still doesn't work ---- any help or suggestions? Maybe an actual video to show you glitching it back to see if my timing is wrong and include everything you do please?

>I have 2 profiles, my main and my 20gs blank profile.
>I deleted the save file for my main and unplugged ethernet cable.
>I load cod4 up... sign in on 20gs blank profile
> mission select
> crew expendable
> have tried ALL difficulties
>> tap A, then Xbox Guide...
>> sign out, sign in with main (hitting x to sign in)
>> as soon as cannot connect to xbox live I press OK, and let guide settle
>> unplug controller,,, replug controller 1 second later.
>>> Error message comes and boots me to main screen.
>>> Check to see, still have all missions, and still am unable to pick up any intel as it is already all collected.

Maybe Original Poster of this thread can post a warning saying MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ALL INTEL BEFORE DOING GLITCH... or load a profile with only 29 out of 30 intel collected (Not sure if this would work but seems like it would in theory... plus would make it really easy to get achievement because you just need 1 piece of intel on new loaded profile).

I have youtubed... searched and searched and to no avail I cannot revert back. If anyone has any ideas or proof/video of doing this please share. Thanks.

F

ForrrestMaster

Ill make proof of it later if you really must have it. But I know it works because I have had to do it myself.

19XX

19XX

Modder Hardened Veteran Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I spent an hour on this and coulnt get it to work, followed to tutorial perfectly was doing everything right and it wouldnt work..... I cant get past the boat screen as soon as the ship comes up I get kicked back

A

AmyGrrl

Reaction score
Sin$
appleplum said:
OK. So I successfully glitched everything as the original poster posted... GREAT! Then I realized since I glitched with a profile that had all the ahchievements I am no longer able to get any intel. NO INTEL. So I try on my own to glitch it back no success. Then I read this post by ukjay and try again his way. It still doesn't work ---- any help or suggestions? Maybe an actual video to show you glitching it back to see if my timing is wrong and include everything you do please?

>I have 2 profiles, my main and my 20gs blank profile.
>I deleted the save file for my main and unplugged ethernet cable.
>I load cod4 up... sign in on 20gs blank profile
> mission select
> crew expendable
> have tried ALL difficulties
>> tap A, then Xbox Guide...
>> sign out, sign in with main (hitting x to sign in)
>> as soon as cannot connect to xbox live I press OK, and let guide settle
>> unplug controller,,, replug controller 1 second later.
>>> Error message comes and boots me to main screen.
>>> Check to see, still have all missions, and still am unable to pick up any intel as it is already all collected.

Maybe Original Poster of this thread can post a warning saying MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ALL INTEL BEFORE DOING GLITCH... or load a profile with only 29 out of 30 intel collected (Not sure if this would work but seems like it would in theory... plus would make it really easy to get achievement because you just need 1 piece of intel on new loaded profile).

I have youtubed... searched and searched and to no avail I cannot revert back. If anyone has any ideas or proof/video of doing this please share. Thanks.

I also had this problem after following ForrrestMaster guide. It took me a few tries to learn how to do the COD4 SPG Glitch on NXE, but now I can do it prefect everytime. After I did this I was like great now I can't get my last achievement because I don't have 30 Intel. So I tried to delete my save and recover my profile and still no luck. Then I thought I would try and do the SPG Glitch again with a Save without any Intel. Then I saw your post about not being able to go back. So I tried it anyways. I made a new profile and beat a few levels and grabbed some intel. Then I tried the SPG Glitch and it worked. I was able to go back and get my achievement then did the glitch again to get all the Vet levels back. I've even gone back and forth several times. I'll post some of the Things I learned. I don't know if its all needed, you can try for yourself.

(1) Remove the Hard Drive.
(2) Insert at least a 256MB Mem Card and Recover your Gamer Profile it. (You may want to format the Mem Card first if you installed any COD 4 Title Updates to it.)
(3) Disconnect Ethernet Cable. (I found the Profiles will sign in quicker when not connected to the Internet. Also if do happen to run COD 4 before you disconnect the Ethernet Cable and it asks you to Update, select no to the Update.)
(4) Create a Basic Profile and play COD 4 on the Profile until you have 14 or 29 Intel. (You shouldn't have to worry about cheats because this Profile hasn't beat the Game yet. But, just in case you do, never enable any cheats until you get the achievement.)
(5) Now while still signed into the Basic Profile. From the Main Main go to Mission Select, Prologue, Crew Expendable, then Highlight Veteran but don't press A yet. (Now the next step I learned needs to be done very quickly.)
(6) Very quickly press A, then press the Guide Button and then press X to Sign Out. Then quickly hightlight Yes to Sign Out.
(7) Then Quickly go down to Sign In, press A and then highlight your Profile that needs to get the Intel and press A to Sign In.
(8) As soon as the Profile is signed in pull out the Battary, Don't wait to cancel any error messages, just pull out the Battary. If done correctly and fast enough it should show Saving at the top of the screen just after, if your still having problems try and do the whole process faster before Saving appears at the top of the screen.
(9) After just wait for the level to finish loading and put the Battary back in, turn on the controller, cancel any error messages and get back to the Main Menu.
(10) You should notice that the SPG glitch worked and your now able to get your missing achievment. After you get all the achievements you can do the SPG Glitch again to get all your Vet lvls back.

So thats how I did it. I hope you can finally get it to work.

M

MakoEyeZz

Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks a lot AmyGrrl. you're my God :smile:
Worked first time for me.
You don't need to follow step 2 : don't need memory card, just delete updates.
Great thx to ForrrestMaster and AmyGrrl.:thumbup:

A

AmyGrrl

Reaction score
Sin$
I'm glad it worked for you... I only used the Mem Card because I didn't want to delete stuff of my HD... and I knew that no COD 4 Title Updates would be installed to the Mem Card and Running... the SPG is pretty damn easy to do now... lol

A

Amazer

Reaction score
Sin$
My friend did the Spg glitch for me before he got all the intel and then he tried to make another profile to Un-spg the intel he went back and the intel still did not show up... Maybe a video would help or some feedback, thanks

Top Bottom
Login
Register