Status
Not open for further replies.
Han

Han

The Last Of Us
Mr. Nice Guy Donator Jokester
Reaction score
Sin$
no it isn't CP before you start to assume. i am giving my old desktop away and i want to delete all my files, documents, CV's, National Insurances numbers

so is there anyway?

OMGnanerpus

OMGnanerpus

cyan:wave2:Buying burnt food!
Retired
Lifetime
AzzidReign Jr End of the Year 2012 Legendary Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
They have programs than can wipe it dry, but files can still be recovered by the government no matter what.

Evil Tim

Evil Tim

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
OP, if you have OS installation discs, Google "DBAN" and wipe that mofo' clean, but remember the OS will also be removed and you will need to reinstall it.

OMGnanerpus OMGnanerpus wrong.

Evil Tim

Evil Tim

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
How is it wrong?

Prove to me the FBI can recover wiped files, no matter what... you can't, if you wipe specific files more than once and wipe MFT free space, they can't recover sh*t.

OMGnanerpus

OMGnanerpus

cyan:wave2:Buying burnt food!
Retired
Lifetime
AzzidReign Jr End of the Year 2012 Legendary Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Prove to me the FBI can recover wiped files, no matter what... you can't, if you wipe specific files more than once and wipe MFT free space, they can't recover sh*t.

Lol. I thought you actually had evidence to prove me wrong. I'm not even going to bother showing you that I could probably even recover something you delete. Not worth the time, because i could show you proof and you still wouldn't believe it.

Kite

Kite

How do you high?
Reaction score
Sin$
Lol. I thought you actually had evidence to prove me wrong. I'm not even going to bother showing you that I could probably even recover something you delete. Not worth the time, because i could show you proof and you still wouldn't believe it.

Just ignore him. All he does is troll the site.

Nou

Nou

Sarcastic Scotsman #2
Fabled Veteran Bright Idea Frame In Gold
Reaction score
Sin$
You have no proof either, so enlighten me.

The files still exist until the partition is over written, there was an occasion where a famous Artist got her laptop stole with her photos on it for her Art and the theft wiped the HD but overwritten a few files semily, the thief was caught and her HD was recovered by Police. She released an album of pictures dedicated to the thief because the pictures were outstanding.

Evil Tim

Evil Tim

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
The files still exist until the partition is over written, there was an occasion where a famous Artist got her laptop stole with her photos on it for her Art and the theft wiped the HD but overwritten a few files semily, the thief was caught and her HD was recovered by Police. She released an album of pictures dedicated to the thief because the pictures were outstanding.

I hate Vsauce, and I already know this information, CCleaner does allow you to wipe MFT free space, this combined with wiping said file multiple times (7, 35) should make the file unrecoverable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register