Content Green and Yellow
Content Team
VIP
Retired
Mythical Veteran Scaling the Mountain Platinum Record
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
As you may or may not know, files coming off of your PS3 are encrypted. In order to mod your save with Gibbed you'll have to decrypt it with BruteForce first. I'm going to go over my process for decrypting and encrypting PS3 saves in this tutorial.

First you will need to copy your save(s) over to a USB Flash Drive and plug it in to your PC. Each of your saves will be in a folder named like this: BLUS30982-SAVE-SAVE1111 Your save file is actually located in this folder. If you try to open it in its current state, Gibbed will give you the following error:

8F9UitZ.jpg

This means that the file is not yet decrypted and this is the reason for needing BruteForce. I suggest moving your save off of your flash drive and putting it somewhere on your PC (somewhere like the Desktop to find it easily). It has been stated that you can work with it directly from the USB drive but, I've had the best luck working from a place on the PC. I also have another reason for moving the folder that we will cover later.

Once you've moved the folder to your Desktop, open BruteForce and open the save folder. The button with the three dots to the left of the Refresh button will open your computer browser.
Cywdolk.jpg

After you have done this, your save should now be loaded into BruteForce. Now you can click on the Decrypt PFD button near the center of the program and hit Decrypt All Files. It will ask you if you want to decrypt your Save file so choose yes. At this point your Save is now decrypted and you can modify your save with Gibbed. I tend to just minimize BruteForce and leave it running while modding saves. Also, if you check back in your save folder you should see a new file that is created by BruteForce that lets you know that you have decrypted the files. This file is removed after re-encrypting but, you'll know if you successfully decrypted it.
xSXUBuz.jpg

Mod your save however you see fit and when you are done, make sure to save it over the top of your decrypted save. Now pull up BruteForce again and click the Update PFD and choose the Full option. Next click Verify PFD. Now your save folder is ready to go back on your PS3.
UhzzU7w.jpg

Now here is a method that I have been using with much success for refreshing BruteForce. It sometimes doesn't update and clear out old save data so the next time you want to mod a folder it doesn't open and decrypt properly. After you have done the re-encrypting and verifying process, go to your save folder that is on your Desktop and Copy the whole folder back to your USB Flash Drive. Now go back into BruteForce and right-click on your save file in the main window and choose Delete Selected Save Data. This should clear out anything in BruteForce and you'll see the save folder on your desktop get deleted.
TOOLS
Download Bruteforce
Download [Click here to view this link]
Download MS Visual C++ Redistributable 2010 (32bit|64bit)
- You may or may not have this installed already.
VIDEO TUTORIAL

Last edited:
parabrahma

parabrahma

★★★★★★★★★ ►► Go Ranga ◄◄ ★★★★★★★★★
Reaction score
Sin$
Another perfect, user-friendly, fool proof tutorial by DOMIN8 !

DOMIN8

DOMIN8

Content Green and Yellow
Content Team
VIP
Retired
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Updated OP with a shiny new video... :wink:

S

SE7EN XSPECIAL

Reaction score
Sin$
Mine will not turn green or give me an option to decrypt ALL files...
Any help would be much appreciated thanks :smile:

TheVicious85

TheVicious85

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You may also want to put your saves at the following location below since that is the DEFAULT location for Bruteforce to look for a Save

C:\Program Files\Bruteforce Save Data\Saves

Just create a shortcut on your Desktop of that folder by Right Clicking your Desktop and Select New, Shortcut, Copy and Paste that Location, Select Next, Name it, and Click Finish :smile:

J

jeeprockcrawler

Reaction score
Sin$
It has been a while since using Bruteforce, but was looking for the new version and cannot find it anywhere. I went to aldostoolsps3 and cannot find it at all. Has the name changed or links not working cause I searched for older versions and all the links were not found or had been removed. The old version I have still works (about 7 months old), but it would be nice to get an updated version. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

DOMIN8

DOMIN8

Content Green and Yellow
Content Team
VIP
Retired
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
It has been a while since using Bruteforce, but was looking for the new version and cannot find it anywhere. I went to aldostoolsps3 and cannot find it at all. Has the name changed or links not working cause I searched for older versions and all the links were not found or had been removed. The old version I have still works (about 7 months old), but it would be nice to get an updated version. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
I'm still using 3.8 and have heard about people having issues with the 4.x versions.

J

jeeprockcrawler

Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks for the quick reply. I will continue to use this one until they fix the newer versions. I am new to this forum but have always searched for information and your name comes up on a great deal of threads. I have acquired a great deal of knowledge on your Borderlands 2 information. Thanks again.

Scorpio1984

Scorpio1984

Reaction score
Sin$
How can i change my save so i can use your save from your UVHM save set DOMIN8

marbone2

marbone2

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi everyone. My question revolves around the title The last of u....... I completed the title awhile ago and wanted to re-experience it again. I recently used multiman to internalize this tile and was all ready to get going with the new 1.06 patch and DLC "left behind". To my my surprise my previous previous 100% complete on Hard and new game plus file now showed up as error 80029208. I looked into this and thought up some solutions. I started a new profile and saved a new game. I extracted the save files (the old and new) and used Brute force. I am now lost as to what to do. If i copy the PARAM it renames the complete file to new game and then I get a file corrupt. What can I do to resign these saves and get back to where I was? Thanks in advance and I really look forward to hearing what the experts (you guys) come up with. I can post the files if needed (in fact it would be great if I could).

toxikola

toxikola

Reaction score
Sin$
Does this only work for borderlands? I'm trying to mod Fallout New Vegas(thought it'd be easy since it's old) but whenever I use this it's perfect, but when I copy it on my ps3 it literally loads the old file(even though I erased it) and then says it's corrupted.
I just started a new game was going to dabble with that but I need help entering in the cheats I guess.
Also a few times I noticed when I decrypted it it would show the decryption and just "SAVED-DATA" and that's all that would be there. Needless to say, I'm thoroughly confused.

T

TheGame1083

Reaction score
Sin$
I was told that you do NOT need to Jailbreak your PS3 in order to use BruteForce...what I am trying to do is get 100% save files for the games I have and put them on my PS3 any help would be appreciated

DOMIN8

DOMIN8

Content Green and Yellow
Content Team
VIP
Retired
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I was told that you do NOT need to Jailbreak your PS3 in order to use BruteForce...what I am trying to do is get 100% save files for the games I have and put them on my PS3 any help would be appreciated

Did you read this thread at all? It basically explains exactly how to do that.

S

seegoblu

Reaction score
Sin$
I used your tutorial and it worked last night using BF 3.8 and the new B:tPS editor, but ran into "Invalid SHA1 Hash" error...so I downloaded the most recent BF (4.7.3) and installed and followed your Console ID information, etc...it looks like I have decrypted my PS3 save because I have the extra file in my save folder and the BF files have turned green)...however, now I have a BF error message

[*] Error: Console ID needs to be 16 bytes.
[*] Error: Could not parse a global config file (error at line: 5).

And I still can't open my decrypted save in Gibbed's new B:tPS editor...I'm sure I've missed something stupid

wobwob45

wobwob45

Reaction score
Sin$
having some trouble here. when i go to decrypt my last of us save, it says the decrypter has stopped working. I ignore the message and then hit add cheats, but when doing so after I encrpyt it, it still says decrypter has stopped working, the save is then shown as corrupted...any idea on how to fix this? not sure why it's doing it. It did it on the old version of BF and not it still does the same on the newer version.

Camargoacm

Camargoacm

Reaction score
Sin$
Porque o meu decrypt fica cinza.Alguém sabe dizer o motivo disso.Tanto faz com save de midia fisica ou digital.

Top Bottom
Login
Register