What's new

Tutorial How to Create your own Xbox 360 250GB Harddrive with HddHackr Using a Flash Drive

• Thread starter Scottocs
  • Start date
  • Views 232,781
O

o iSniPe xX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It worked :wink: TYVM:biggrin:

N

nickev123

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Nice Tut, this will come in handy i knew what to do, but you explained it pretty good.

N

nightpanda2810

Reaction score
Sin$
I was wondering if it is possible to get banned on Xbox Live when doing this mod? I did some searches, cant seem to find any reliable information on it.

Thanks!

F

Furor

Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks for this great guide. Just bought a 250gb drive and a 360 hard drive case for a total $81. Will report back soon :smile:

S

Seminoles

Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks for the great tutorial worked on my 120gb hdd now i can download with out worrying:smile:

R

rlawhdgkek

Reaction score
Sin$
so... by doing that, i won't be needing those stupidly expensive hdd?:w00t:

J

jahcriado

Reaction score
Sin$
My question is, how do you transfer files to the new drive? Do I need to have 2 HD cases?:S

Sean_J

Sean_J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Similar to original xbox can the hot swap concept apply in some ways?

G

Ghost In Black

░░░▒▒▒▓▓▓Ghost▓▓▓▒▒▒░░░
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm having a problem with hddhackr seeing my WD hard drive. When I type hddhackr into the command prompt it gives me a list of the hard drives connected to the computer and says the Western Digital is located at FF00, but it doesn't give me an option to flash it or do anything else with it. There's just a blinking underscore. IU tried doing it manually and typed in "hddhackr F FF00 hddss.bin undo.bin" and it displays the info from my Western Digital drive and asks me if I want to flash it. I hit y but then it gives me an error saying Western Digital Vendor Intro failed on port 0xFF00. It then says to make sure I have the drive connected, which I do.
Since hddhackr can see the drive but not flash it, what's going on here?

T

tornadog

Reaction score
Sin$
I bought a WD 250GB BEVT Blue drive, and ran hddhackr. The drive was detected fine. But the LBA shown for the drive did not match the value on the outside or the hacked hddss.bin. I read somewhere that the space is used by Host Protected Area(HPA). I used HDAT2 to remove that and the LBA sizes matched.

Hddhackr detected and flashed the drive fine. But the drive is not recognized by the 360 or by xport360. I am using Windows 7 x64, so xplorer360 does not allow copying or restoring partition. So I am kinda stuck. Should I return the drive, and find another one, which willl have the right LBA size?

M

mdwiemann

Reaction score
Sin$
Ghost In Black said:
I'm having a problem with hddhackr seeing my WD hard drive. When I type hddhackr into the command prompt it gives me a list of the hard drives connected to the computer and says the Western Digital is located at FF00, but it doesn't give me an option to flash it or do anything else with it. There's just a blinking underscore. IU tried doing it manually and typed in "hddhackr F FF00 hddss.bin undo.bin" and it displays the info from my Western Digital drive and asks me if I want to flash it. I hit y but then it gives me an error saying Western Digital Vendor Intro failed on port 0xFF00. It then says to make sure I have the drive connected, which I do.
Since hddhackr can see the drive but not flash it, what's going on here?

I have the same identical problem, anyone find a fix?

C

crsvoboda

Reaction score
Sin$
It worked just fine with a 250GB Scorpio Black. The only thing is I did not find a need to run the iPrep step and the correct command for HDDHACKR is just that; don't use the -F argument.

J

justinh114

Reaction score
Sin$
I bought a western digital 250 GB scorpio blue i run the hddhackr and go all the way through to the hddss.bin file then it askes name of undo file so i just type undo wasnt sure what to type but anyway it asks if i want to make compatible with 360 i put y for yes then asks to make partitions 0 2 3 i put y for yes then runs for a sec and says western digital vendor info failed on port 0xff00 anyone figure out how to fix this thank you

V

Videogame addict

Reaction score
Sin$
Would you guys reccomend this model?

Western Digital 250 GB Scorpio Black SATA 7200 RPM 16 MB Cache Bulk/OEM Notebook Hard Drive WD2500BEKT

http://www.amazon.com/Western-Digital-Scorpio-Notebook-WD2500BEKT/dp/B001CO3EKG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1273241180&sr=8-1

Top Bottom
Login
Register