How to create lag using commview

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Game Modding' started by bubblebuddyi, Jan 28, 2009 with 8 replies and 1,421 views.

1. bubblebuddyi

bubblebuddyi Enthusiast

Ratings:
    *THIS IS FOR MODERATE-ADVANCED USERS, NOT BEGINNERS.
    It's a very simple thing to do, just takes a little time and explaining to do.

1st: obtain a full party, and get all of your parties IP's in commview so you don't get them confused. After you get them all, just stop capturing and let it be.

2nd: Start the game, and wait intill it gets to the loading screen (the gears logo) As soon as it gets to the loading screen, start capturing again and instantly 5 IP's should pop up. Then stop capturing. RIGHT-CLICK any of those NEW 5 IP's and go to-
    Jump to- First Packet- to: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (make sure your not selecting your xbox's IP address 192.168.1.xxx)

3rd: If you done that correctly, you should of been brought to a new screen.
    *THIS STEP IS VERY IMPORTANT!*

Under where it says "IP addresses" IT MUST LOOK LIKE THIS:
    192.168.1.xxx(xbox IP) => xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (person on other teams IP that you "jump to" from before)
    if it does not look like that, it wont work.

4th: After you confirmed that 3rd step, Ctrl+click the other remaining *3-4 OPPOSITE TEAM IP ADDRESSES*
    Make sure they look like step 3!

5th: After you have all 4-5 IP's selected, right click any one of them and go to- Send packets- Selected. A new window should open up.
    Then fill out the settings like this:

Packet Size: 1099
    Packets per second: 2000-4000 (2000 less lag, 4000 more lag)
    Continuously SELECTED.

6th: Then go into commview again, and start capturing *important*
    7th: After commview starts capturing, open the packets window that opened up from before and hit SEND.

Congrats, you have created terrible lag! So much lag that chances are on your side that people won't spawn with weapons!!!

NOTES:
    Need host, connections bridged.

Created and founded by,
    bubblebuddyi, [Click here to view the link]

2. DrastiK

DrastiK Premium Premium

Ratings:
    Wow i wish i would've known this a long time ago.

3. Twis7eD

Twis7eD Banned

Ratings:
    Good tutorial, but some parts are kind of confusing. If you add pictures it would make it better for me and probably the community too. Thanks and nice tutorial.

4. OP
    bubblebuddyi

bubblebuddyi Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I know it may seem confusing, but if you just read the steps and follow them really carefully, you should have no problem =)

5. jdizzle314

jdizzle314 Newbie

Ratings:
    is really nothing new...i woulnt suggest any1 do this because it is ip flooding and very illegall and you could really get in deep **** if caught...you get way more than a ban from xbl..but hey i will let u way out the risk

6. Aich

Aich Banned

Ratings:
    This may work, but instead of doing all that, open up QoS in router, and change the upsteam bandwidth if have that option, change to a smaller number.

Lag to much and people will quit.

Easiest way to create lag, is fire up a random torrent.

7. WishMaster

WishMaster Member

Ratings:
    I knew about this. I was thinking of making a TuT but i thought it would be useless since if so much lag people will just quit. I tried and wasnt fun :/ many people DO quit.

8. iMarty

iMarty Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Quitters......
    The funny thing is that I don't realize I rank down when I quit....
    Hahaha, but in TU3 it should appear automatically.

9. WishMaster

WishMaster Member

Ratings:
    How wouldnt you realize it?:?
    It is common sense you lose pts when you quit.:mellow: